Hi All,
Final my PR journey ends now.

My timeline:
Category : FSW Inland
ITA : 18 September 2015
AOR : 13 November 2015 (RPRF: Upfront)
Medicals Passed : November 2015
Background check in progress : November 2015
Addition Document Requested: 10 December 2016 (RCMP PCC for Spouse)
PPR : 18 April 2016 (No updates from December until PPR. Ghost email on 17th April 2016)

Passport Send : 18 April 2016
Passport Rec Ottawa : 20 April 2016
Application Approved & Closed : 30 April 2016
Return tracker Activated : 02 May 2016
Passport Rec back to me : 03 May 2016
Landed: 08 May 2016
The END!

Good Luck everyone :)

djumbo31

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just a quick question for those who already landed and got their CoPR: I got my PPR last week, sent a copy of my passport right away and now, myCIC indicates that my application is closed and approved. When is the CoPR coming usually in terms of time frame after that? Does it come in the mail using the prepaid envelop I sent them? or do they send an email?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
djumbo31 said:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question for those who already landed and got their CoPR: I got my PPR last week, sent a copy of my passport right away and now, myCIC indicates that my application is closed and approved. When is the CoPR coming usually in terms of time frame after that? Does it come in the mail using the prepaid envelop I sent them? or do they send an email?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!
You will get in the mail through the prepaid envelope, You can tract it if you have the tracking number for the same.

djumbo31

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmeka said:
You will get in the mail through the prepaid envelope, You can tract it if you have the tracking number for the same.
Where can I can find the tracking number for the prepaid Xpresspost envelop? It's not showing on my receipt: the only tracking number I have on it is the one from the initial envelop that was sent to CIC. Plus, according to Canada Post's website, tracking numbers do not appear on receipts for prepaid products (https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=where_is_my_tracking&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=tracking).

Feeling a little puzzled about those tracking things to be honest.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
djumbo31 said:
Where can I can find the tracking number for the prepaid Xpresspost envelop? It's not showing on my receipt: the only tracking number I have on it is the one from the initial envelop that was sent to CIC. Plus, according to Canada Post's website, tracking numbers do not appear on receipts for prepaid products (https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=where_is_my_tracking&cattype=kb&cat=receiving&subcat=tracking).

You need to take a note of the tracking number while you sent it, I actually took a picture . Your receipt doent show any. Nothing to worry here, should take 3 to 4 days. You can try calling canada post .

Olivia_88

Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-11-2015
Got my PPR this morning, so haaaaapy ! Hope everyone gets their final e-mail as soon as possible.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Olivia_88 said:
Got my PPR this morning, so haaaaapy ! Hope everyone gets their final e-mail as soon as possible.
Congrats..

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

You are welcome to join the whatsapp group if you have recently received PPR and are planning to move to British Columbia in near future. The group would be a good platform to share our thoughts and help each other.

Kindly PM me through the forum or whatsapp me on +91 98119 82826

Cheers!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whatsapp-group-for-british-columbia-immigrants-t413672.0.html;msg5168348#msg5168348

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
+1 for you Raj...

Ok, so here is the thing... I had raised a CSE and also emailed CIC explaining the whole situation that my wife will be in Qatar until the time we fly for Canada and requested them to enable us to submit passport in Abu Dhabi VO (as all qatar residents are stamped by ADVO). I am yet to receive any response from CIC directly.

Out of curiosity, I went to the VFS office in Doha, Qatar last week and explained them my situation and asked them if they can send our passports for stamping to ADVO. They said it is an unique case and they needed to check with the Canada Office or some office before taking our passports so they simply took a photocopy of the first page of the PPR email.

Today, the VFS Qatar called me and informed me that they have confirmation from some Immigration Office that they will be able to take my and my spouse's passport for stamping. They will send it to ADVO. Then, I told her that I still didn't get a confirmation email from CIC post my CSE and email to them so shouldn't I wait for their response before giving our passports to you. She said "that is not required anymore, as I have confirmation from the main immigration office."

Do you think I should go ahead and submit our passports to VFS ? or should we wait till we get an email from CIC?

Thanks alot for your help!

raj_bond said:
Ok, let me give an explanation of VO change request. Suppose your passport is from X country but you live in Y country. In this case, you can submit passport in Y country. Because you have already mentioned it in your application that you are living in Y country and added a PC of Y country. so in your case Y country VO change is OK. But your wife is in Y country for a visit. Shes does not have any record of living or PC of Y country in the application. Thus, it is always better and safe option to submit your wife's passport in X country.

But if your case is little bit complicated and your wife can't submit her passport in X country and wants to submit passport in Y country, then you need to make a VO change request. But decision depends on CIC.

I assume your wife is from BD also. In this case, you supposed to get an another email for your wife, I have got one like this. With the printed copy of this email, she can submit her passport in VFS office in BD. High Commission of Canada, Singapore is your wife's designated VO. They are already notified about your wife's passport acceptance.

Thanks
Raj

gautamj

Jun 16, 2015
wifiwifey said:
+1 for you Raj...

Ok, so here is the thing... I had raised a CSE and also emailed CIC explaining the whole situation that my wife will be in Qatar until the time we fly for Canada and requested them to enable us to submit passport in Abu Dhabi VO (as all qatar residents are stamped by ADVO). I am yet to receive any response from CIC directly.

Out of curiosity, I went to the VFS office in Doha, Qatar last week and explained them my situation and asked them if they can send our passports for stamping to ADVO. They said it is an unique case and they needed to check with the Canada Office or some office before taking our passports so they simply took a photocopy of the first page of the PPR email.

Today, the VFS Qatar called me and informed me that they have confirmation from some Immigration Office that they will be able to take my and my spouse's passport for stamping. They will send it to ADVO. Then, I told her that I still didn't get a confirmation email from CIC post my CSE and email to them so shouldn't I wait for their response before giving our passports to you. She said "that is not required anymore, as I have confirmation from the main immigration office."

Do you think I should go ahead and submit our passports to VFS ? or should we wait till we get an email from CIC?

Thanks alot for your help!
Hi,
I am in a similar situation as you.. I applied while in Australia and have since moved to India..
The address on my application has changed to my Indian address, but my PPR came with instructions to send it to the Australia VO.

I have notified CIC, and have received no reply.. Tried calling the call centre too, but they cannot help with this..
I will go to the VFS here in Bombay tomorrow, and try my luck..
Good Luck to you too, wifiwifey, hope your situation works out soon.

It is so frustrating to get PPR and yet do nothing about it, just wait for absolutely no reason at all..

Regards,
Gautam.

Phaphy5

Nov 18, 2015
Hello all, those that has landed or planning to land in Nova Scotia should add this number +2347031170918 to their contact and send a message so I can add them to the whatsapp group

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
wifiwifey said:
Thank you for your response! I have already raised a CSE for VO change. I'm concerned whether I can send my wife's passport to another country while she is on a visit visa in Qatar.
r u sure it is CSE that needs to be raised for VO change ,. i got instructions on the email that i received for PPR to email ottawa office requesting for a Vo change. Someone please clarify

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
djumbo31 said:

Did you not get the top copy of the address label from the post office? When I posted mine on Friday the lady asked me to complete the return address on the pre-paid envelope then gave me the top copy (Ottawa have their own stickers for the 'from' section left on the envelope). The top copy is your receipt and includes an item number - mine is 2 letters, 9 numbers then another 2 letters.