+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in November 2015 - Let's get together

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
SeanDame said:
Just got my BOWP approved... Applied on Nov 23rd by mail.. Exactly 4 months..,
So I know my r10 is ok... That's a good sign :) let's hope for better news
Suppose, you have applied for BOWP but your work permit get expired before it comes to you. and the missing period is not hat much may be 10/15 days. Is that a big issue ? And what could happen for that missing period. I know this question may sound silly a bit but please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks
Raj

kalodighi

Mar 30, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 19 2012
Med's Request
March 28 2012
Med's Done....
March 29 2012
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
April 18 2012
LANDED..........
April 30 2012
SeanDame said:
Just got my BOWP approved... Applied on Nov 23rd by mail.. Exactly 4 months..,
So I know my r10 is ok... That's a good sign :) let's hope for better news
How long did they give you the BOWP? we got it for 7 months :'(

callmesuzie

Oct 8, 2015
raj_bond said:
Suppose, you have applied for BOWP but your work permit get expired before it comes to you. and the missing period is not hat much may be 10/15 days. Is that a big issue ? And what could happen for that missing period. I know this question may sound silly a bit but please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks
Raj

Soon as you applied for BOWP, you are under implied status. Which indicates you are still holding valid permit until a decision is made. Even when BOWP is rejected, from the time application is submitted till case closed, you would be working under implied status

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
kalodighi said:
How long did they give you the BOWP? we got it for 7 months :'(
Got 1 year

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kalodighi said:
Yes I did, a week ago... But i have a question about that. My wife is the main applicant, so i ordered the GCMS notes with her name, do you think that i have to order for mine separately to get my information?

Thanks

If your wife is the principal application, you need to submit the "Use of representative (IMM5476) and the "Release of Information to an Individual (IMM5475)" forms.

Otherwise information about your documents will be whitened out.

When we ordered our notes, I only got information about myself as I am the principal applicant and my husband info (dependent) was not provided.

-naomi

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
callmesuzie said:
Soon as you applied for BOWP, you are under implied status. Which indicates you are still holding valid permit until a decision is made. Even when BOWP is rejected, from the time application is submitted till case closed, you would be working under implied status
Thanks a lot boss. It ease my burden a lot. Bcoz my PGWP will expire in July 2016 and 6 months of my PR application will end in 15 May, 2016. Thus I have time to hold the BOWP. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Dam123

Aug 22, 2015
@triple_eh, how did you apply BOWP, is it through online or paper ?

Actually I applied BOWP through paper on Jan 6th and still waiting

triple_eh

Mar 22, 2016
Dam123 said:
@triple_eh, how did you apply BOWP, is it through online or paper ?

Actually I applied BOWP through paper on Jan 6th and still waiting
I applied online - at the time the processing time between paper and online was approximately the same, I think.

callmesuzie

Oct 8, 2015
raj_bond said:
Thanks a lot boss. It ease my burden a lot. Bcoz my PGWP will expire in July 2016 and 6 months of my PR application will end in 15 May, 2016. Thus I have time to hold the BOWP. If I am wrong someone please correct me.
Hold it as long as possible, apply BOWP online so you have a definite proof of time stamp. Just ensure you calculated system down time and don't wait for the absolute last minute.

If you do paper file, the application submission date can be ambiguous

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks, I went ahead and made the payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur

rod.siq said:
I paid 980 for me and my wife (did it yesterday). The visa office which is processing my application asked for sending the receipt along with the passports so, if your case is like mine, I guess it doesn't matter if you pay for 2 applicants once, or twice for one applicant, as long as you send the receipts with your passports. I guess also it doesn't matter who paid the fee (you, your wife, a friend or even a stranger :eek:) ). And, of course, a letter explaining what you did is always a good idea, specially if you feel not so secure if what you did is OK.

kalodighi

Mar 30, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 19 2012
Med's Request
March 28 2012
Med's Done....
March 29 2012
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
April 18 2012
LANDED..........
April 30 2012
wifiwifey said:
Thanks, I went ahead and made the payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur
I paid with my credit card.. and as far i can remember CIC took the money from my card right away.. I took a look at my online statement.. dont know about the debit card..