+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in November 2015 - Let's get together

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
vineshparekh said:
Yes this is very nervous moment when you are sending your passport.

My passport was delivered yesterday and I also put signature required. I got an update yesterday on my email that it is delivered and NANCY VALIQUETTE signed it so I hope it's all good until now.
Mine shows the same - signed by NANCY VALIQUETTE

kalodighi

Mar 30, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
VFS Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 19 2012
Med's Request
March 28 2012
Med's Done....
March 29 2012
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
April 18 2012
LANDED..........
April 30 2012
ankcan said:
Mine shows the same - signed by NANCY VALIQUETTE
well, today morning when i was checking my CP tracking, it is now showing the signature. It wasn't showing yesterday. Someone named "B BORGEAT" signed it... hoping that CP delivered it to the right place.. did anyone has got "B BORGEAT"'s signature??

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
kalodighi said:
well, today morning when i was checking my CP tracking, it is now showing the signature. It wasn't showing yesterday. Someone named "B BORGEAT" signed it... hoping that CP delivered it to the right place.. did anyone has got "B BORGEAT"'s signature??
According to my tracker, mine still hasn't been delivered - despite having received our CoPR documents back today :eek:

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends, just to update you, I submitted my passport at chandigarh VFS on 29th April 2016 and received it back with COPR on 9th May 2016.

Furthr, can someone answer my query--> The date of expiry Of visa is written on my passport stamp and COPR which is 30th October 2016. This is ok.

But there is no date mentioned on COPR or stamp on passport regarding how long is my PR visa valid for. I mean it doesn't say anywhere that whether my PR is of 5 years or 4 years or something.

Is it same for everyone...?

Regards

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends, just to update you, I submitted my passport at chandigarh VFS on 29th April 2016 and received it back with COPR on 9th May 2016.

Furthr, can someone answer my query--> The date of expiry Of visa is written on my passport stamp and COPR which is 30th October 2016. This is ok.

But there is no date mentioned on COPR or stamp on passport regarding how long is my PR visa valid for. I mean it doesn't say anywhere that whether my PR is of 5 years or 4 years or something.

Regards
Validity of PR is not mentioned on COPR document but it will be mentioned on your PR card which if I am correct will be 5 years period after that time you can apply for citizenship.

May be other senior members can share their thoughts here.

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
No one? :(

llgn_sp said:
Guys, landing-related questions! Please help me out...

Question 1 - Inventory forms:
- When we land we hand in two inventory forms: one for what we are taking with us and another for what will be shipped later (goods to follow). I heard they stamp both.
- What do we do with this second form? How do we attach it to our shipment if we are not the ones physically shipping (since we would have already landed)?
- We are coming in with some bags and boxes but I asked some relatives to ship us a box of heavy stuff via post office after we leave. How will they attach the stamped goods to follow form in this box if the form is with us in Toronto?

Question 2 - Arriving with boxes:
- We are arriving with some boxes that are going straight from airport to storage. We are unable to put these boxes in a taxi cab.
- Can I hire a van / mover to take these boxes to the storage for me? Recommend anyone?
- Any other ideas?

Thank you so much!

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
rollingpunjab said:

Regards
There is no validity time limit on your PR status, it is called permanent residency, isn't it? :) You just have to satisfy the residency requirements.
You PR card as a document, on the other hand, is valid for 5 years, if I remember correctly.
So what happens is that you have to reapply for another PR card in 5 years. When you do that, the IRCC will check if you fulfill the residency requirements and if not, your PR status will be revoked. If yes, they'll issue a new PR card.
Of course you can also apply for citizenship if you are eligible, instead of a new PR card.

You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
llgn_sp said:
Maybe check the Settlement forums or earlier AOR threads? Not everyone here has gotten PPR yet. *cries*

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Thanks, I will check!
And good luck!

bellaluna said:
Maybe check the Settlement forums or earlier AOR threads? Not everyone here has gotten PPR yet. *cries*

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
llgn_sp said:
Can't help with your 2nd question, unfortunately.
As for the 1st one, as far as I know, you don't attach the goods to follow (B4) form with the goods. You just have to show it to the Canadian customs when the goods arrive. The form always stays with you.
For example, if you've divided your goods to follow into two parts, and the first part arrived already, you go to get it and show your B4 form to the customs. Maybe they'll stamp it or something. Then when your second part arrives, you'll take that same form with you again.

I'm not completely sure about how some aspects of that work, like - what happens if you order a mail delivery to your house? The delivering company won't bring the customs officer to your door, obviously, so how do you show them your B4 form?
And another one - how do they check which of the declared goods you've brought in already, and which are still to be shipped?

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Thanks!
I have all these doubts too!

ellia said:
Can't help with your 2nd question, unfortunately.
As for the 1st one, as far as I know, you don't attach the goods to follow (B4) form with the goods. You just have to show it to the Canadian customs when the goods arrive. The form always stays with you.
For example, if you've divided your goods to follow into two parts, and the first part arrived already, you go to get it and show your B4 form to the customs. Maybe they'll stamp it or something. Then when your second part arrives, you'll take that same form with you again.

I'm not completely sure about how some aspects of that work, like - what happens if you order a mail delivery to your house? The delivering company won't bring the customs officer to your door, obviously, so how do you show them your B4 form?
And another one - how do they check which of the declared goods you've brought in already, and which are still to be shipped?

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
llgn_sp said:
Thanks!
I have all these doubts too!
Well, at least we do know for sure that it is possible. Even if you're unable to clarify this before landing, you could ask at the border when they'll be checking your B4 forms, or at the settlement organization once you arrive. It's not an urgent matter, I think.

blackpearl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Does any know how long does it take for CIC to send back passport back to USA.

My passport was delivered yesterday..

Singhca

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darky07 said:
Not at all it doesn't affect your next application. I was in the same situation, got a rejection last year August stating my job was not permanent even though I had a full time job with LMIA. But I had an end date on my offer letter. So I lost the extra 600 points because of that and hence the rejection.

In the next e-APR after the ITA In the STAT questions where you have answer have you been refused a Visa, I said yes and the in explanation I mentioned my old Express entry number and the reason for refusal (that my job was not permanent). And no other explanation asked from me during the whole PR process. Also in the Letter of explanation after ITA you can mention the same thing.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and Good Luck :)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

I made my new profile today , Do I need to create a new job bank profile or I can update new express entry profile number in my existing job bank account?

Thanks!

darky07

Star Member
Oct 7, 2011
Singhca said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

I made my new profile today , Do I need to create a new job bank profile or I can update new express entry profile number in my existing job bank account?

Thanks!
Not too sure if you can update the new express entry profile number in the existing job bank account. You can give it a shot.
In my case I just made a new one with the new express entry profile. Hope that helps.

Cheers