+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in March 2016 >>>>> Good Luck ALL

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Something wrong happened in March last year. The list of waiting applicants is too big. If you look at April AOR they've got only a couple of outlanders remaining and the rest are other categories and even in those there are very few ppl left. I am just furious about this indeterminate delay. Can we take some sort of legal action or something else to escalate our issue?

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
tayca10 said:
Damnn... I'm the only one who's application is still in London office. THIS SUCKS.
Are you sure your application is processed in London? Most of us who were in UK have ottawa as visa office.

mkadnan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
6th April 2016
AOR Received.
20th March 16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
18th March 2016
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21st December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sttaq said:
Are you sure your application is processed in London? Most of us who were in UK have ottawa as visa office.
London(UK) is not Visa Office

this is Ontario London

tayca10

Oct 4, 2016
I'm pretty sure it London, United Kingdom as that is what they have told me multiple times when I called them. "Your application is being processed outside of Canada"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Just got a reply to my email which says:
Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail.
We have read your concern and at this time the processing of your application is progressing as expeditiously as possible. Because each application is unique it is difficult to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. I thank you for your patience. Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required regarding the next steps in your file.

Not sure what to make out of this. Has anyone got similar response? My application would have reached moon by now if it was progressing expeditiously. What are they doing on it? Building a house?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
sttaq said:
Dear applicant,

We have read your concern and at this time the processing of your application is progressing as expeditiously as possible. Because each application is unique it is difficult to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. I thank you for your patience. Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required regarding the next steps in your file.

Not sure what to make out of this. Has anyone got similar response? My application would have reached moon by now if it was progressing expeditiously. What are they doing on it? Building a house?
Did you get a medical reassessment lately? I mean have your medicals been extended? When is it valid until?

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
elmas said:
Did you get a medical reassessment lately? I mean have your medicals been extended? When is it valid until?
Nop not heard anything from them. I guess they are valid until 22nd Feb. I called them and asked about medical and they did not mention anything and just told me that if they need anything they will contact me.

Is anyone else reaching their medical expiry without being asked to redo them?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
sttaq said:
Nop not heard anything from them. I guess they are valid until 22nd Feb. I called them and asked about medical and they did not mention anything and just told me that if they need anything they will contact me.

It says on the cic website that if medicals are the only thing keeping your file from getting a final decision, you might get a reassessment without being asked anything. Maybe that's what happened with you?

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
sttaq said:
Dear applicant,

I got the exact same response, word for word about 2 weeks ago. My GCMS notes show that some idiot officer who was assigned my file incorrectly assessed that i was ineligible, because...wait for it, the officer didn't look through the file thoroghly and skipped 4 pages of an attachment showing work experience and employment letters etc. my file got put on the back burner for 5 months! until it was picked up during their combing of outstanding applications and then assessed as being eligible. unf*****believable.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
elmas said:
It says on the cic website that if medicals are the only thing keeping your file from getting a final decision, you might get a reassessment without being asked anything. Maybe that's what happened with you?
No my medicals are passed and when I spoke to the agent last week he also told me that medicals are ok and you don't need to do anything. Where is this information coming from, do you have a link?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
sttaq said:
No my medicals are passed and when I spoke to the agent last week he also told me that medicals are ok and you don't need to do anything. Where is this information coming from, do you have a link?
You know sometimes, when your medicals are about to expire, rather than redoing them, you might get an extension to their validity. Just google "medical reassessment cic" and you'll see how it goes.

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
Hi everyone, I've been avoiding this forum because I've been avoiding thinking about the whole thing (too stressful), but I called CIC again today and was told that our background check is finally done and the file is waiting for the final decision. So, I hope that the end is in sight for us. Good luck to everyone - this has really been quite hard to get through for me, and I'm sure it is for you as well.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
sttaq said:

My medicals expire on 20th February but have not heard from them. I have also written them an email mentioning the same.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
elmas said:
You know sometimes, when your medicals are about to expire, rather than redoing them, you might get an extension to their validity. Just google "medical reassessment cic" and you'll see how it goes.
They have not contacted me about either option. This wait is infuriating.