Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Going to be 11 months tomorrow and no update yet.
Not even BG check in progress.

Medical is expiring after 13 days.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Looking at March spreadsheet and other PPR this week, it appears they process Inland applicants one week and then in the next they process Outland. It looks like this week is for Inland applicants. Hopefully next week will be Outland specially from March group.

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
just wondering: did any outlander without job offer who landed in Canada last year managed to get a job? I wonder if anyone of them cares to look at this forum anymore...

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
sttaq said:
just wondering: did any outlander without job offer who landed in Canada last year managed to get a job? I wonder if anyone of them cares to look at this forum anymore...
Some of them do but not nearly enough. I personally know a couple who managed to find a job in Canada once they landed.

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
We got PPR this morning (after 10 months, 2 days). Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for their help - if you're still waiting, hang in there and good luck!

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got PPR today after application was kept on hold due to wife's pregnancy for almost 10 months. Fantastic patience shown by the VO. I requested extensions on deadlines to submit few documents more than a couple of times with LOE. Just completed medicals (re-medical for me as it was expiring in Feb) couple of weeks back. Hope everyone get theirs soon too who have been waiting for long.

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
bratsche said:
We got PPR this morning (after 10 months, 2 days). Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for their help - if you're still waiting, hang in there and good luck!
congrats!

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
moonpat83 said:
Just got PPR today after application was kept on hold due to wife's pregnancy for almost 10 months. Fantastic patience shown by the VO. I requested extensions on deadlines to submit few documents more than a couple of times with LOE. Just completed medicals (re-medical for me as it was expiring in Feb) couple of weeks back. Hope everyone get theirs soon too who have been waiting for long.
that's great - congrats: what's your VO? and are you inland or outland applicant?

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
moonpat83 said:
bratsche said:
Congrats guys... moonpat83 could you pls share your timeline and category.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Congratulations to those who got their pprs!

I called the call center today and was told bg check is not complete yet! That surprised me because as I thought medicals can get extended only when the final decision is pending only due to the expiration date of the medicals, as that's what's written on the website, and medicals did get extended for me and my husband. The agent told me I can call again in a few weeks.

I had been told a couple of months ago that the deadline on my file is February 9 and that the agents can do something after that date. But the agent today told me they can't do anything until May!

What I don't understand is whether and why the local officials do not respond to cic's queries!

This is so unfair.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mubzali said:
that's great - congrats: what's your VO? and are you inland or outland applicant?
Thank you, VO is Ottawa and we are outland applicant from India

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sttaq said:
Congrats guys... moonpat83 could you pls share your timeline and category.
Thank you
Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: Ottawa
NOC Code......: 2173
App. Filed.......: 13-03-2016
AOR Received.: 14-03-2016
Med's Request: Upfront
Med's Done....: 28-12-2016
PPR.....: 6-01-2017

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bratsche said:
Congratulations.

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
Congratulations

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
elmas said:
Congratulations to those who got their pprs!

I called the call center today and was told bg check is not complete yet! That surprised me because as I thought medicals can get extended only when the final decision is pending only due to the expiration date of the medicals, as that's what's written on the website, and medicals did get extended for me and my husband. The agent told me I can call again in a few weeks.

I had been told a couple of months ago that the deadline on my file is February 9 and that the agents can do something after that date. But the agent today told me they can't do anything until May!

What I don't understand is whether and why the local officials do not respond to cic's queries!

This is so unfair.
Hi elmas, yes I can understand that. Its not fair to make people waiting without giving any specific reasons. If they let us know what thing is preventing them from completing the security check then maybe we can help them out in getting it done faster by providing some information but they keep it hidden.

btw how do you manage to get through to the call center? I have tried them on Friday about 10 times but wasn't able to get through. Is there any specific technique?