Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
blu-boy said:
In this case CADparity I hope common sense prevails but I think it wouldn't hurt to see if Lahoria can gain a couple of points say for example by increasing the English or French lang scores so at to take this decision away from the officers - now Lahoria will not be at the officers or luck's mercy
It's not that easy to increase points. IELTS has a waiting period of atleast 2 months...add another 15 days for result. Learning French is also not that simple. All of us create an EE profile only after gaining maximum points in CRS.

Best bet is to order GCMS notes and take a corrective step like CSE (if required).

blu-boy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
singhyogeshkumar said:
It's not that easy to increase points. IELTS has a waiting period of atleast 2 months...add another 15 days for result. Learning French is also not that simple. All of us create an EE profile only after gaining maximum points in CRS.

Best bet is to order GCMS notes and take a corrective step like CSE (if required).
True it is not easy singhyogeshkumar. But there is no corrective action that you can actually take if Lahoria's age changed a day or two before the ITA (only way Lahoria would have still got the ITA). It is pretty clear I think if Lahoria's age changed after ITA then it shouldn't matter well atleast thats what Lahoria can hope for.

addy1234

Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03 Mar 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
16 May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I have received call from vfs to collect the PP .......Hurrah

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
blu-boy said:
In this case CADparity I hope common sense prevails but I think it wouldn't hurt to see if Lahoria can gain a couple of points say for example by increasing the English or French lang scores so at to take this decision away from the officers - now Lahoria will not be at the officers or luck's mercy
You're giving some good advice. But I'm afraid you can't increase your scores after you've submitted your application with new language results. So even if you retook IELTS, for example, and sent them the new score, this wouldn't affect your application. They accept new info if it is related to change in family composition, job offer loss, provincial nomination. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are clear written rules on age and officer's mercy or luck shouldn't be a factor in such a case. But they do make mistakes because some agents are not well trained and applications have been reinstated after reconsideration requests or after the case went to court (which is not as dramatic or hard as it sounds).

Anyway, that note from the agent seems pretty short. Mine had much more information. I guess there is more text, and to make a complete determination as to what might be wrong with the application, we might need to see the full agent's notes. There might be other changes that made the points drop.

blu-boy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
CADparity said:
You're giving some good advice. But I'm afraid you can't increase your scores after you've submitted your application with new language results. So even if you retook IELTS, for example, and sent them the new score, this wouldn't affect your application. They accept new info if it is related to change in family composition, job offer loss, provincial nomination. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are clear written rules on age and officer's mercy or luck shouldn't be a factor in such a case. But they do make mistakes because some agents are not well trained and applications have been reinstated after reconsideration requests or after the case went to court (which is not as dramatic or hard as it sounds).

Anyway, that note from the agent seems pretty short. Mine had much more information. I guess there is more text, and to make a complete determination as to what might be wrong with the application, we might need to see the full agent's notes. There might be other changes that made the points drop.
That is definitely the thought process even if the application is denied Lahoria would have a say in that case - (unless in the unusual possibility that the DOB was the day before the ITA or on the same day as ITA in which case EE profile will not have deducted the points yet. It took two days after my DOB for the points to go down). Will need more inputs from Lahoria though.

Lahoria

Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/03/2016
Thank you CADparity, blu-boy, and singhyogeshkumar for the help.

I checked the GCMS notes in detail and it is clear that they have cut points for age only. Education, Language, and other factors are calculated correctly. Birthday was a few days after the ITA and hence as per policy should not have affected CRS score.

I think I would order the GCMS note again but it takes more than three weeks.

Has there been a case before like mine in Express Entry era? Do we know what happened in that case.

blu-boy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Lahoria said:
Thank you CADparity, blu-boy, and singhyogeshkumar for the help.

I checked the GCMS notes in detail and it is clear that they have cut points for age only. Education, Language, and other factors are calculated correctly. Birthday was a few days after the ITA and hence as per policy should not have affected CRS score.

I think I would order the GCMS note again but it takes more than three weeks.

Has there been a case before like mine in Express Entry era? Do we know what happened in that case.
Lahoria as per policy then you should be ok. You are good send a CSE and let them know of this, print that page if need be from the CIC website. I have not come across a case of your scenario but my points did go down before the ITA. Guess having PNP helps out in such cases !!!!

Check out this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

select this drop down

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA

this is pretty clear but the officer has to apply for

"public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application" on your behalf

See if you have any notes regarding section A25.2 in your GCMS - post if you see anything.

You are a lucky person Lahoria a few days here or there could have ended up being a long wait for you. It hasn't come down to 459 for quite some time now.

KimJowan

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
singhyogeshkumar said:
You can order gcms notes to get visa officer comments on your file. If u hv a friend in canada,it will cost you only CAD 5. You have already completed 2 months after AOR and its a good time to order notes.
Thanks. I am here in canada already, i tried to order a gmcs but i discontniued die to the amount. How could I get the $5 price?

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
KimJowan said:
Thanks. I am here in canada already, i tried to order a gmcs but i discontniued die to the amount. How could I get the $5 price?
If you are in Canada you can select Privacy Act and it will be free. You will be charged 5$ for Right to Information thing.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinitmenon said:
If you are in Canada you can select Privacy Act and it will be free. You will be charged 5$ for Right to Information thing.

have received your notes under privacy act

FRENDZ

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Passport Req..
27-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2016
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
ALHAMDULILLAH, With the blessing of ALLAH ALMIGHTY i got PR

Below is my time line
BC PNP CEC
AOR: March 18
Medical Passed: April 27
BG in Progress: April 27
BG Not needed : April 28
BG In progress : May 25
PPR : May 27
PP Sent : May 27
PP Revd Otwa:May 30
Approved and Closed:June 6th
PP Rcvd Back : June 10th
Landed : June 10th

Honestly, I was not expexting it to be that fast, But thank god for the quick processing.
If anyone have any questions about my time line or anything, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck everyone whose app is in process.

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Congrats Frendz!

I'm so jealous of the PNPs right now :p :D

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Congratulations FRENDZ!!!

How did you do your landing?

FRENDZ said:
ALHAMDULILLAH, With the blessing of ALLAH ALMIGHTY i got PR

Below is my time line
BC PNP CEC
AOR: March 18
Medical Passed: April 27
BG in Progress: April 27
BG Not needed : April 28
BG In progress : May 25
PPR : May 27
PP Sent : May 27
PP Revd Otwa:May 30
Approved and Closed:June 6th
PP Rcvd Back : June 10th
Landed : June 10th

Honestly, I was not expexting it to be that fast, But thank god for the quick processing.
If anyone have any questions about my time line or anything, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck everyone whose app is in process.