+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in March 2016 >>>>> Good Luck ALL

May422

May 5, 2016
HInland said:
Landed!

I know the wait is excruciating and I feel for those who still waiting, but keep the hope up, prepare yourself for your new life here, prepare your resume, understand the job marketing, find rent options, build your Canadian network, be with your family and friends that are not coming (you will miss them), and more important check your spam box. This sounds cliche but is actually very important.

Also I want to share my landing experience and timeline;
09/23/16 - Passport sent to Ottawa
10/11/16 - Received passport back
10/13/16 - Landed

I drove to the US and entered as a tourist, spent the day shopping and had dinner at The Cheese Cake Factory because they don't have a Canadian branch :(
At the end of the day I crossed the Queenston Lewiston Bridge, it was a pretty quiet night, only one car in front of me on the Canadian side.
While crossing I told the border officer that I was landing, he asked how much we have spent at the US (was less then $200 in total) then he pointed where I should park and the way to their office.

Entered the office find few people working on their computers, a small group talking to one of the officers at the counter and no one waiting. They asked for my passport, and COPR letter, sent me to the bench, and after a few minutes one officer called me back. He asked those standard questions about crimes and etc. Then sent me to my seat again. Then he called me back and said; When you sign those papers you will be a resident of Canada. Are you ready? I signed the papers and all officers that were around clapped and cheered for me. It was very cool, really good vibe, I was really glad for the attention they spent.
In total it passed less than 50 min and I was driving back to Toronto with a feeling of mission accomplished. After 3.5 years as temporary I am finally resident of Canada!

That's it guys, I will be around and try to help with my experience and ideas, good luck to you all!
Congratulations :) I'm glad you had a nice and quiet landing!!!

Do you have any idea how long is taking to get PR card?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
I just realized there's no movement in the February group nowadays as well. What's that supposed to mean?

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
elmas said:
I just realized there's no movement in the February group nowadays as well. What's that supposed to mean?
Chill elmas... nothing you can do, no point in over analyzing the situation. You will drive yourself demented !!

No one know's the answers to your questions, it is all just speculation and probabilities; IRCC are a law unto themselves. Chill, enjoy life and when it comes celebrate!

Good luck to ya, and hopefully the next roulette spin does you a favour !! We will all have PR by early 2017.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
smoggie said:
Chill elmas... nothing you can do, no point in over analyzing the situation. You will drive yourself demented !!

No one know the answers to your questions, it is all just speculation and probabilities; IRCC are a law unto themselves. Chill, enjoy life and when it comes celebrate!

Good luck to ya, and hopefully the next roulette wheel does you a favour !! We will all have PR by early 2017.
Thanks for the support buddy! I know I'm an over thinker.

Early 2017 is when most of us will need to redo the medicals and that will push the golden mail even further down the line.

I LOLed at your comment about me going demented +1

smoggie

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
elmas said:
Thanks for the support buddy! I know I'm an over thinker.

Early 2017 is when most of us will need to redo the medicals and that will push the golden mail even further down the line.

I LOLed at your comment about me going demented +1
That's the spirit, keep smiling !

I really don't think you will need to redo your medical.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
I don't think medicals will need to be redone as they would also try to avoid this. Its only October so lets keep our chin up and push ahead :)

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
Hello All,

Update.
Today I have received an email asking for additional information about family. Imm 5406 to be filled by spouse.

Anyone else received any similar enquiry.

Fingers crossed.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
I don't think medicals will need to be redone as they would also try to avoid this. Its only October so lets keep our chin up and push ahead :)
Thanks for the info. What makes you say they'd try to avoid this? There are many many people on this forum who had to redo.

Punjab1

Aug 12, 2016
Hello friends
Today i received a gmail from ndvo afer 8 months of aor that they require a Schedule A with signature
My aor is 6th feb
Why they need it again?
Eligibility still in progress
Rprf not paid

Pls share ur views.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
elmas said:
Thanks for the info. What makes you say they'd try to avoid this? There are many many people on this forum who had to redo.
Well its more of a gut feeling. Like I said, we have about 3 months at the minimum and I doubt they would want a whole bunch of people having to redo the medicals.

Usually those instances are very isolated.

sakanksha

Mar 7, 2016
Received PPR!!

FSWO - NDVO
Verification Call - 12/13 Apr
BGIP - 20-Oct
PPR - 20 Oct

Thanks a lot to all on this forum. I had crossed 7 months and kinda lost hope, but here it is..
God bless you all, Keep faith n keep praying :)

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
sakanksha said:
Received PPR!!

FSWO - NDVO
Verification Call - 12/13 Apr
BGIP - 20-Oct
PPR - 20 Oct

Thanks a lot to all on this forum. I had crossed 7 months and kinda lost hope, but here it is..
God bless you all, Keep faith n keep praying :)
wow congrats.......may i know ur AOR date.........u got call or ur employer(s).........!!!

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
sakanksha said:
AOR - 8 Mar
I received the call.. was asked general questions
cool, congrats once again !!!

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Well its more of a gut feeling. Like I said, we have about 3 months at the minimum and I doubt they would want a whole bunch of people having to redo the medicals.

Usually those instances are very isolated.
piyushji u r gonna be next , today march 8th got it.