+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in March 2016 >>>>> Good Luck ALL

sttaq

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
elmas said:
I just got my GCMS notes. My question is, does a call center agent prepare and send the notes or an immigration officer? Did they actually open my file to prepare the notes? Does it help them give attention to my case or does it have no effect on the actual process? Does anybody know? Thanks.
I dont think it will be done by the call centre agent and neither it is certain if it gets more attention. The only time I got my notes was in June and they showed that my application was not touched after the first few days. I have now ordered another set and expecting only updates on the date when my status changed to background in progress. Anyway did you find anything interesting in there or is all ok?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
elmas said:
I just got my GCMS notes. My question is, does a call center agent prepare and send the notes or an immigration officer? Did they actually open my file to prepare the notes? Does it help them give attention to my case or does it have no effect on the actual process? Does anybody know? Thanks.
The call centre employees are not directly employed by CIC as far as I am aware.

Someone has to open your file and redact all the information that pertains to security and officers names. Whether this moves your application on....who knows?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
sttaq said:
I dont think it will be done by the call centre agent and neither it is certain if it gets more attention. The only time I got my notes was in June and they showed that my application was not touched after the first few days. I have now ordered another set and expecting only updates on the date when my status changed to background in progress. Anyway did you find anything interesting in there or is all ok?
Nothing particularly interesting. I'm at 7 months and 15 days today. Should we expect PPr soon? I don't know. Sigh.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Just out of curiosity - Does anyone have any idea in what order each application is retrieved by the officers and reviewed? I mean do they decide on an AOR range and open files within that range or do they choose a category and open files of that type? And is it true that once the 6 month deadline is behind, you're pushed down the queue? Or is there even such a thing as a queue?

It's a mystery and I wondered if anybody knows how it all works.

Thanks everyone - for all the info and support.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
elmas said:
Just out of curiosity - Does anyone have any idea in what order each application is retrieved by the officers and reviewed? I mean do they decide on an AOR range and open files within that range or do they choose a category and open files of that type? And is it true that once the 6 month deadline is behind, you're pushed down the queue? Or is there even such a thing as a queue?

It's a mystery and I wondered if anybody knows how it all works.

Thanks everyone - for all the info and support.
is it true that one is safer on crossing 6months or is it just a myth......!!!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
elmas said:
If you don't mind me asking, what is your country of origin?
I'm from the EU.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
canadianrrk said:
is it true that one is safer on crossing 6months or is it just a myth......!!!
Most people stuck post 6 months are those whose BG is stuck.

People with Military or Police Service. Or people who lived in multiple countries. Those kind. Rarely you find someone with a simple case who is stuck beyond 8 months.

To answer your question - if your BG pulls up a red flag thats the only way you can be rejected. Otherwise you are good unless you have a kid and dont have the extra funds and so on.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
jaymax said:

People with Military or Police Service. Or people who lived in multiple countries. Those kind. Rarely you find someone with a simple case who is stuck beyond 8 months.

To answer your question - if your BG pulls up a red flag thats the only way you can be rejected. Otherwise you are good unless you have a kid and dont have the extra funds and so on.
Thanq very much for reply, pl help me understand this..........im single(no issues with that,never married)......its 6months since AOR,FSW outland,NDVO........i dint hear anything post schedule A.........i lived in 1 country apart from my home country and i travelled as a tourist to 12 countries.........do u think im done with the eligibility aspect such as employer verification calls etc.......my gcms says security and eligibility not started with A11.2 and R10 MET, criminality and medical passed !!!

+1 by the way.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
jaymax said:

I might be one of those rare cases. My case is simple in the sense that we have no military or police background, except for my ex-husband who should be of no relevance at this point. We are 4 people - me, my husband and our 2 children. BG checks are completed for all except for me, and here we are, still without PPR at 7 and a half months. It's going to be 8 months in 2 weeks.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
canadianrrk said:
Thanq very much for reply, pl help me understand this..........im single(no issues with that,never married)......its 6months since AOR,FSW outland,NDVO........i dint hear anything post schedule A.........i lived in 1 country apart from my home country and i travelled as a tourist to 12 countries.........do u think im done with the eligibility aspect such as employer verification calls etc.......my gcms says security and eligibility not started with A11.2 and R10 MET, criminality and medical passed !!!

+1 by the way.
I was in your spot some months back. They asked for my wife's foreign PCC and I uploaded it. After that for 3.5 months they did nothing. I was freaking out but one fine day my BG went into progress.

My guess is that they pick up cases in batches. If you get in the chunk that is being processed to honor the 80% in 6 months guideline you are lucky. Else your case hangs about till someone gets to it.

If A11.2 and R10 are met I'd say just relax and wait. Your PPR will come.

Verification calls are not done for everyone. They are done only if they want to confirm something. But for large companies they usually dont bother.

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
elmas said:
I might be one of those rare cases. My case is simple in the sense that we have no military or police background, except for my ex-husband who should be of no relevance at this point. We are 4 people - me, my husband and our 2 children. BG checks are completed for all except for me, and here we are, still without PPR at 7 and a half months. It's going to be 8 months in 2 weeks.

It's understandable! your ex-husband worked for the military that's why they are checking you for security. Coz you were related to someone who might have had classified information (CIC's point of view) and gave that kind of information to you.

We are at 7 months and 11 days. My husband served military for one year coz it's a mandatory service in our country. He was just working in the office section, translating educational books, and he never participated in any military act. But we have undergone the same process since August 24. :(

Hope this ends soon, for all us!

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
It's understandable! your ex-husband worked for the military that's why they are checking you for security. Coz you were related to someone who might have had classified information (CIC's point of view) and gave that kind of information to you.

We are at 7 months and 11 days. My husband served military for one year coz it's a mandatory service in our country. He was just working in the office section, translating educational books, and he never participated in any military act. But we have undergone the same process since August 24. :(

Hope this ends soon, for all us!
But that was a long time ago. Plus I could've understood if I myself used to be a military officer, but being married to one must be treated differently.

Mandatory military service and being an officer are not the same thing. My husband did some mandatory military service, too, but it seems his BG is all cleared. So the reason why your case is delayed is probably not the same as why mine is delayed.

In another point, in cases of military backgrounds, do you know whether CIC conducts the checks with the help of Canadian institutions or through institutions of our countries of origin?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
7 Months done here as well :)

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
elmas said:
But that was a long time ago. Plus I could've understood if I myself used to be a military officer, but being married to one must be treated differently.

Mandatory military service and being an officer are not the same thing. My husband did some mandatory military service, too, but it seems his BG is all cleared. So the reason why your case is delayed is probably not the same as why mine is delayed.

In another point, in cases of military backgrounds, do you know whether CIC conducts the checks with the help of Canadian institutions or through institutions of our countries of origin?

Have done a lot of research about this and can say being related to a person who worked for a governmental organization or served military is a concern for CIC coz PRs are entitled to governmental jobs. Thus, they want to make sure none of those PRs pose any threat to Canada & Canadian gov.!

CIC works with CSIS on security screening. Pls see the information below:

"5.29 Before immigration officers issue temporary resident visas to applicants from certain countries, the officers must request security checks by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). This also applies when officers have security concerns or when applicants meet specific security profiles. CSIS has 10 days to advise the post to hold the application or Citizenship and Immigration Canada may issue the visa. At its discretion, the post also advises CSIS about applications from nationals of an additional list of countries but does not need to wait for CSIS to perform a check before issuing the visa. Additional intelligence information is also gathered and used in considering applications. For example, in the area of war crimes, posts require applicants to disclose military service and this information is compared with intelligence information. In the posts we visited, we found that these procedures were being followed"

Copied from http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_200304_05_e_12911.html

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
Have done a lot of research about this and can say being related to a person who worked for a governmental organization or served military is a concern for CIC coz PRs are entitled to governmental jobs. Thus, they want to make sure none of those PRs pose any threat to Canada & Canadian gov.!

CIC works with CSIS on security screening. Pls see the information below:

"5.29 Before immigration officers issue temporary resident visas to applicants from certain countries, the officers must request security checks by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). This also applies when officers have security concerns or when applicants meet specific security profiles. CSIS has 10 days to advise the post to hold the application or Citizenship and Immigration Canada may issue the visa. At its discretion, the post also advises CSIS about applications from nationals of an additional list of countries but does not need to wait for CSIS to perform a check before issuing the visa. Additional intelligence information is also gathered and used in considering applications. For example, in the area of war crimes, posts require applicants to disclose military service and this information is compared with intelligence information. In the posts we visited, we found that these procedures were being followed"

Copied from http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_200304_05_e_12911.html
Thanks for the info!

To be honest, it still doesn't make any sense.

1) The paragraph that you just quoted talks about TRV applications.
2) My relation to a military person was way back!
3) I don't remember mentioning his occupation anywhere. I was only asked his name and date f birth and that was it. There are thousands of other men sharing the same name and surname with him.
4) Even though CIC might think this is a risk, what's taking so long? Are they double checking and triple checking?

Oh well. I'm kind of frustrated about being left out of the 6-month bunch. I'm sorry if that sounds childish but it's not fair to be left behind!

I don't want to call the call center again and again. So there's basically not much left to do.

Sigh.