CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Baji81 said:
Don't worry mate. Some times, being extremely exceptional helps to gain a lot of patience in our real life. You'll definitely get your PPR soon.

All the best.
Thank you so much. Hope everyone can get PPR soon~~

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
MichaelCorleone said:
I see a lot of users mentioning BG status IP2. My BG is currently in NA status. My query is, if I didn't monitor my account for few weeks and during that time, my application when to IP1 and then got into NA status again, is there a way I would get to know?

eAOR - 14th January 2017

Following is what I see on my status page:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. (Not sure what date this status changed. But it was sometime in February)
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Would appreciate any insights from the above status which experienced members can share.
hi, i have a few questions because we applied with an agent, so we don't have an idea what will happen to our pr app. We applied thru ee, will our application also be in this process? second, the last 5 steps indicated above (review of medical result to final decision), is it done in our visa office or in cic office in sydney, NS? thanks

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
LOVK said:
hi, i have a few questions because we applied with an agent, so we don't have an idea what will happen to our pr app. We applied thru ee, will our application also be in this process? second, the last 5 steps indicated above (review of medical result to final decision), is it done in our visa office or in cic office in sydney, NS? thanks
Yes, that's true. Any applicant under EE should undergo this process. The only difference is your status updates will be send to your agent as he might used his account to file your application.

Regarding, your second question, initial reviews will be done at CIO ( Case Intake Office) and final decision will be made at LVO(Local Visa Office).

Hope it helps :)

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
MichaelCorleone said:
I see a lot of users mentioning BG status IP2. My BG is currently in NA status. My query is, if I didn't monitor my account for few weeks and during that time, my application when to IP1 and then got into NA status again, is there a way I would get to know?

eAOR - 14th January 2017

Following is what I see on my status page:

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. (Not sure what date this status changed. But it was sometime in February)
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Would appreciate any insights from the above status which experienced members can share.
Based on this current status, like you said your BG IP1 might be completed. That means, R10, criminality validations are done. Unfortunately, there is no other way to confirm other than monitoring / trackings​ the status regularly. GCMS notes might give you more insight about your application, but these notes will be delivered to you after 30 days from the day you ordered. By that time, you might have your PPR.

Hope it helps you. :)

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Mthornt said:
This may help...

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.
I'm happy to see that my explanation helping many people to understand the process. :)

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
thank you so much baji!! ;D im just tired of waiting :p ???

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
LOVK said:
thank you so much baji!! ;D im just tired of waiting :p ???
I totally understand and infact, everyone should have the same pain. Unfortunately, we don't have any other options. The way, I handle this wait was very simple. CIC clearly mentioned​ that the process will take 6 months or less. So, instead of counting the number of days I have completed, I calculated the number of days left for 6 months. This way, everyday gives me a great excitment as I have completed one more day and nearing to 6 month period. By the grace of God, my whole process took 66 days only . Since I realized many people are struggling to understand the process, even after my PR process I'm trying to be active in this forum. So that, I can give my helping hand to others by clarifying their queries.

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
Baji81 said:
Yes, that's true. Any applicant under EE should undergo this process. The only difference is your status updates will be send to your agent as he might used his account to file your application.

Regarding, your second question, initial reviews will be done at CIO ( Case Intake Office) and final decision will be made at LVO(Local Visa Office).

Hope it helps :)
Hi Baji

So how they decide local visa officer? I mean based on nationality? for example, Cec applicant visa office is ottawa so ottawa is local visa office?

In my case. I hv experience as fsw in india and based on that i applied for ee and got nomination from ontario in human capital. I am going to apply fr PR. I am in canada on study permit since 8 months.

May i consider inland or outland? Would my local visa office ottawa or indiA?

Zennn

May 6, 2016
Baji81 said:
I'm happy to see that my explanation helping many people to understand the process. :)
Hi,
Thank you for your post.

However I don't think that your Bg goes to Ip after your security is done. There are many cases in which Bg-Ip is done when security has begun.

Also there have been several cases where Bg-ip has been on for months (rare cases) but it's happened.

I am a Fsw-Outland , Jan 1, 2017 AOR and my Bg-ip is there since March 31, 2017

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
heena303 said:
Hi Baji

So how they decide local visa officer? I mean based on nationality? for example, Cec applicant visa office is ottawa so ottawa is local visa office?

In my case. I hv experience as fsw in india and based on that i applied for ee and got nomination from ontario in human capital. I am going to apply fr PR. I am in canada on study permit since 8 months.

May i consider inland or outland? Would my local visa office ottawa or indiA?
HI Heena,

As per my understanding, you will be considered as PNP outland as you have applied on basis of your work experience in India though you have to send your passport to Ottawa as you are already in Canada

These all are Central Intake Offices so they might check your work experience with help of NDVO but for stamping they'd ask you to send your passport to nearest Visa Office i.e. Ottawa... Correct me if I m wrong...

All the Best...

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Hi Baji and other senior/active members in the forum,

So what is the BG trend for PNP Outland currently.

My BG turned to NA on April 20. Before that it was, ".... the next step is to conduct the background check..."

When can I expect the next movement?

eAOR - Jan 31

PNP-Outland.

Please pour your comments guys..

zfx610

Jan 15, 2017
Mthornt said:
This may help...

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.
VERY INFORMATIVE!!

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Ichowdhury said:
Hi Baji and other senior/active members in the forum,

So what is the BG trend for PNP Outland currently.

My BG turned to NA on April 20. Before that it was, ".... the next step is to conduct the background check..."

When can I expect the next movement?

eAOR - Jan 31

PNP-Outland.

Please pour your comments guys..
We are at same stage dude... I am also PNP-O applicant and my BG is NA right now... & I haven't seen anyone here who has AOR date after 15th Jan got PPR apart frm CEC stream...

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
montu1083 said:
We are at same stage dude... I am also PNP-O applicant and my BG is NA right now... & I haven't seen anyone here who has AOR date after 15th Jan got PPR apart frm CEC stream...
Hi,

I am pnp fsw with 7th jan as aor, medicals passed on 13th feb, post that BG has been in NA .... No update since then

What might be happening does any one know ....

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
montu1083 said:
Oops... Thats sad then. And I wsa hoping that good news is round the corner... :-[ :-[

Btw, when did ur BG turn into NA?