+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Km201726 said:
Hi All,

Long time follower of the forum and I was now hoping to get some of your advice myself :)

I was in Canada from June 2014- Dec 2016 on an iec followed by visitor visa waiting for my OINP nomination to come through so I could get my EE ita. I submitted my OINP in February 2016 and unfortunately my nomination did not come through until Dec 2016 so I had to return home as my work permit expired and couldn't get a bowp without nomination or EE AOR. I am an Irish citizen but was born in the uk so as a way to get back sooner I applied for a British passport to try get a British iec as I have dual citizenship and get back to Canada asap (Canadian boyfriend & job waiting for me) as I was still waiting for nomination & EE ita .

By the time I received my British passport I had received my EE ITA & AOR (through Irish passport), I still entered the iec pool but never got and invitation and I had honestly given up hope on it at the stage and forgotten about it. This morning however I received an ITA for a British iec.

My problem is I don't know whether I should pursue this route and accept it (I have 10 days to accept or decline). My EE application has had some movement & after all the disappointment with OINP timelines last year I am working off the assumption my applications are going to take the full processing time (ppr by first week of July). Based on this if I did the iec it would come through maybe 3-4 weeks before my ppr should. Is it really worth the extra cost and stress for a couple weeks?

As I said there has been some movement on my EE application. MyMedicals passed March 15th & BG went into IP on same day. Then this past Sunday my background went to NA, so my EE application is moving forward. To add to things I have been saving my ass off and I am actually going back to Canada as a visitor at the end of this month to visit my boyfriend for a few months, with the hopes my ppr will come through while I am there and I can just flag pole at niagara (return flight out of Canada booked for end of Sept as a backup ).

I am leaning towards it not being worth the added stress of another application and I don't want to complicate things any more but I would really appreciate any of your thoughts on what I should do. Can anyone please give me their opinions on what they think the best way to move forward would be? Accept or decline IEC ita?

Timeline
OINP nomination- Dec 17th 2016
ITA - Dec 22nd 2016
EAor - Jan 9th 2017
Meds Passed - March 15th
Background check IP - March 15th
Background N/A - April 9th

Also side note I consulted an immigration lawyer back in November while desperately looking for any more options to be able to get back to Canada as soon as possible and she told me once I can prove I have sufficient funds to sustain myself I am eligible to come back as a visitor so not too concerned about this part and I also have a return flight booked for the trip so should my ppr not come through before end of September I do have intentions to leave again.

I really think I should decline the iec ITA based on where things currently stand and my intentions to return as a visitor before I receive my PPR as I don't want to complicate things with another application under my UCI but a different passport (British) than my EE application (Irish).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
I think you need to be patient (if you don't mind staying without a job for awhile), decline the iec ITA and keep things really simple and less complicated. your EE application might come out faster than you think assuming all things are fine (you should order a GCMS note under privacy act -its free - while you are in Canada visiting your BF, this will give you a good hint if things will turn out smoothly based on the recommendations of the case analyst) and you will not need to flagpole as you are from a country that does not require visa.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Km201726

Apr 11, 2017
DRWOU said:
I think you need to be patient (if you don't mind staying without a job for awhile), decline the iec ITA and keep things really simple and less complicated. your EE application might come out faster than you think assuming all things are fine (you should order a GCMS note under privacy act -its free - while you are in Canada visiting your BF, this will give you a good hint if things will turn out smoothly based on the recommendations of the case analyst) and you will not need to flagpole as you are from a country that does not require visa.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
Thank you! That's what I was thinking just wanted some sort of reassurance and outside opinion on the situation :)

AAALLL

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Batman_is_Real said:
My Aor is Jan 9th, but due to some health issues my Medical passed on March 31st. In between that my BOWP was approved so I am assuming R10 check was completed.

I am under CEC category so how long you guys think I have to wait for BG to get completed. It's in Not Applicable status for now.
Good progress for you. My BOWP was approved a week after my meds passed and BG has been in progress ever since.

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Damocles said:
Congrat!!

Very happy for you.
All the best.

Just un update on my side, My application got cancelled on the 7th as incomplete due to one of PCCs that was not acceptable to IRCC.
I am very sad to hear that Damocles !!!

Your Nomination is still valid. Fix what may be wrong and send back your application.

Good Luck !!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Damocles said:
Congrat!!

Very happy for you.
All the best.

Just un update on my side, My application got cancelled on the 7th as incomplete due to one of PCCs that was not acceptable to IRCC.
Sorry to hear that... but it took them a long time to refuse your application, what exactly was wrong with the PCC? Generally PPCs are verified during the R10 and you automatically pass security... Did you get GCMS notes?

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
emmn1003 said:
I am very sad to hear that Damocles !!!

Your Nomination is still valid. Fix what may be wrong and send back your application.

Good Luck !!
I have recreated a new profile yesterday and have requested IONP to transfer the nomination. I am still waiting.
I am resolve to go in person to that country (DRC) to get the PCC as the embassy did not have a clue of the correct document required by IRCC.
I don't know it it is a problem to have the PCC issued few days ( maybe 2) before leaving that country or must it be issued after you leave the country. I have a dilemma there. I leave there 23 years ago!!

I am still waiting for my RPRF fees to be paid back as stated in the letter.
Hopefully, if OINP does not delay to transfer the nomination, I might be in time for the next draw.

Thank you for your support. and all the best for the rest of the journey.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Congrats on all PPRs!!!!

We're up to about 30% of the people on Jan that have PPRs... This is great news!

Just so you guys know, this is how the previous months stand:
November - 88% have PPRs
December - 54% have PPRs

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Damocles said:
I have recreated a new profile yesterday and have requested IONP to transfer the nomination. I am still waiting.
I am resolve to go in person to that country (DRC) to get the PCC as the embassy did not have a clue of the correct document required by IRCC.
I don't know it it is a problem to have the PCC issued few days ( maybe 2) before leaving that country or must it be issued after you leave the country. I have a dilemma there. I leave there 23 years ago!!

I am still waiting for my RPRF fees to be paid back as stated in the letter.
Hopefully, if OINP does not delay to transfer the nomination, I might be in time for the next draw.

Thank you for your support. and all the best for the rest of the journey.
Did you follow this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/congo-democrat-repub.asp

Did you get a "Extrait du casier judicaire" form the Embassy as IRCC requires? If so then your application should not have been refused and you may have a strong case to appeal.

WRT the PCC must be issued after you left the country, this does not apply if was issued in the last six months so you're safe there.

AAALLL

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
App. Filed.......
01-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Does anyone think submitting online an extra document. I applied under CEC with one year of work experience, but at the time of my application my t4 for 2016 was not generated yet. So I just applied with my job letter and two pay stubs. Now that I have it should I go ahead and submit it?

Also, I have changed jobs ... same NOC code a month after submitting my application. Should I inform them that I changed my employer?

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
g126 said:
Sorry to hear that... but it took them a long time to refuse your application, what exactly was wrong with the PCC? Generally PPCs are verified during the R10 and you automatically pass security... Did you get GCMS notes?
The PCC I requested through the embassy was a certificate of good conduct ( same as the one delivered in the province I leaved) that is normally used interchangeable with the one delivered at the central office of Judiciary Police situated in the capital city ( Kinshasa) that issues an extract of the criminal record. Both are PCCs . The only difference is that the latter is only issued for immigration purposes and the first one for administrative purposes. I was not aware of the difference and neither is the officer at the embassy. It is only after the rejection letter in which IRCC pointed me to the correct competent office and the correct document that would be acceptable to them.

So to be sure, I will have to fly there and get to the correct office to request the correct document.

I never requested GCMS notes as my application was only 72 days in the process and was waiting for it to reach the 90 days at least.

I believe they were waiting for my medical to pass first before they start the R10 Check

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
g126 said:
Did you follow this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/congo-democrat-repub.asp

Did you get a "Extrait du casier judicaire" form the Embassy as IRCC requires? If so then your application should not have been refused and you may have a strong case to appeal.

WRT the PCC must be issued after you left the country, this does not apply if was issued in the last six months so you're safe there.
That was an oversight of my part the officer at the embassy did not know either.
The IRCC rejection letter has just pointed me to that. I wish I knew that when I was submitting. in the process highlighted in the link embassy can only identify you and the fingerprints but the request must still be directed toL

Direction Générale de la Police Judiciaire
Direction de l'Identité Judiciaire
14, av. Kalémie, Commune de Gombe
Kinshasa, DRC

To be absolutely sure, I have decided to fly there in person.

It is a expensive trip but I have to do it. Just waiting to make absolutely sure that OINP will transfer the nomination ( still valid until 15 June) before I go.

Thanks for the insight and the iiformation

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
AAALLL said:
Does anyone think submitting online an extra document. I applied under CEC with one year of work experience, but at the time of my application my t4 for 2016 was not generated yet. So I just applied with my job letter and two pay stubs. Now that I have it should I go ahead and submit it?

Also, I have changed jobs ... same NOC code a month after submitting my application. Should I inform them that I changed my employer?
If you are on OPEN WP like PGWP then no need to inform as you are not claiming points for arranged employment. You are getting Canadian Experience points based on your experience at the time of ITA.

If you have received Notice of Assessment then you can raise CSE for that as it has more importance.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....