+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Baji81 said:
That explains that your R10, Criminal checks and Eligibility initial assessments are in progress. As and when they are done, you'll see BG status as Not Applicable and your file will be moved to Local Visa Office for final decision.

Good luck.
thank you.

superwoman91

Mar 14, 2017
GM_SM said:
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting for the PPR, but I need to travel to Europe in the month of May for 2 weeks.

I have 2 scenarios-
1. In case I get PPR close to or post my Travel, how many days I have to send it?

2. In case I get PPR within this week or early in April, how much time it takes to send and then rcv back the passports?

Please suggest whats the best way to tackle this :(

Thanks
GM

1. They give you 30 days. But if you are not in North America, you can send an e-mail to Ottawa to let you submit your passport at a local visa office.

2. No one can say for sure - usually 1-2 weeks.

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
harmanm said:
Hi guys I am CEC Inland

my timeline is as follows
AOR 7th Jan
Med. Pass: 8th March (Also same day status changed to no additional docs. reqd)
BG status: Your application in process. Next step is to conduct background check.

so on 9th march i emaile CPC-ottawa to find out my visa office.
They told me my file was being processed at Vegreville, Alberta office.

I emails to CPC again on 21st March
Got a reply today.
"Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa."

What does this mean? does it mean my file is at my LVO...but i have not had any background status changes since my medicals..
I can not say for sure what is going on but you guys know how we have those co-workers that don't follow procedures at work, forget to update spreadsheets? An example again are new employees, not used to processes and procedures yet? Well, I feel CIC is just another work place environment and VOs are employees and they can forget to change your status after working on your file or keep it till later to do it or new at being a VO and they are not used to whatever application interface they are using just yet.

So I think it is quite possible that statuses aren't changing but the file is, in real-time, moving.

Again, just a thought but it is not impossible

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DISHA05 said:
Guys any progress??
AOR - 1 Jan

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Stream matters. Could you please provide your Stream.

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Deebla said:
I can not say for sure what is going on but you guys know how we have those co-workers that don't follow procedures at work, forget to update spreadsheets? An example again are new employees, not used to processes and procedures yet? Well, I feel CIC is just another work place environment and VOs are employees and they can forget to change your status after working on your file or keep it till later to do it or new at being a VO and they are not used to whatever application interface they are using just yet.

So I think it is quite possible that statuses aren't changing but the file is, in real-time, moving.

Again, just a thought but it is not impossible
hey thanks for your reply Deebla

well yeah i think so the file is progressing but the statuses are not changing. anything is possible

well fingers crossed and hoping for the best....

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
harmanm said:
hey thanks for your reply Deebla

well yeah i think so the file is progressing but the statuses are not changing. anything is possible

well fingers crossed and hoping for the best....
Your not alone and there are some cases mentioned in this thread that they have received PPR without any BG change. So, hopefully you'll have that golden email soon since your application is at CPC. Please keep an eye on SPAM, PROMOTIONS folders as well.

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
Baji81 said:

Thanks. What I mean, I sent an email 2 days back. I do have tons of patience :D and I firmly believe every one in this thread are having patience. Sometimes updates from others will force us to do the things like this.
Baj,
I sent them an email March 21 early afternoon and received a response March 23 early afternoon - 2 full business days.
It does sound a little strange that you did not receive a response before I did.
Maybe they are currently transferring your file or even making a final decision so your file not actually sitting in one specific office/ status? :)

superwoman91

Mar 14, 2017
sanpatel30 said:
what does it mean for Background like

1. your application is in process and next is BG check and
2. we are processing your BG

these both are confusing me
1. BG is not started yet
2. BG is in progress

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Canbaby said:
Baj,
I sent them an email March 21 early afternoon and received a response March 23 early afternoon - 2 full business days.
It does sound a little strange that you did not receive a response before I did.
Maybe they are currently transferring your file or even making a final decision so your file not actually sitting in one specific office/ status? :)
I got an update a while ago saying that my file is being processed at CPC Ottawa. I'm closely tracking my application movement to understand the process. On Mar 15 they confirmed that it was with CPC Sydney. Not sure why, they again transferred to CPC Ottawa. One possible reason could be workload distribution. Any other guess???

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
superwoman91 said:
1. BG is not started yet
2. BG is in progress
They both are just some status. In reality, your file is moving different stages when we have those stages on CIC site.

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Baji81 said:
Your not alone and there are some cases mentioned in this thread that they have received PPR without any BG change. So, hopefully you'll have that golden email soon since your application is at CPC. Please keep an eye on SPAM, PROMOTIONS folders as well.
hey Baji

yeah i know we have seen some cases like that.

Even you got an email that your case is at CPC Ottawa...right? You are almost there aswell...goodluck..

And emails...lol...i check them as frequently as possible lol....i stopped deleting anything since the day i noticed what happened with our friend here...

All the very best...Cheers...

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
It came earlier than I thought...

Just got PPR email 5 minutes ago. Thanks y'all!!!

Deebla

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2017
AOR Received.
28/01/2017
Med's Done....
24/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2017
BA2LAMAZ said:
Congrats!! :D What's your timeline?
Timeline
CEC
AOR - Jan 28th
Medical passed, BG IP Feb 24th
BG from IP to NA - March 16th
BG from NA to IP - March 23rd
PPR - March 23rd

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Canada_eh! said:
Congo Ladybug..all the best

Looking at the current trend fell like cic is currently clearing all apps with AOR 20 jan and before(just my observation)
if you order GCMS notes, its based on the "next assigned due date". once the case analyst recommends everything is good to go, most likely once the officer reviews the file on the assigned due date ppr will likely follow (since they rarely disagree).