+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

anandunics

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Category........
vensak said:
Exactly. My BG is NN. But it went to NN on 8.2 - that was when criminality check passed.
Eligibilty Met had happened on the same day when your BG changed from NS - NN?

Mani.pradhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Piracha123 said:
thanks a lot. can i use application number as UCI if i havent been assigned one?
If you haven't been issued any document from CIC in the past and you don't have the UCI, you can mention Not applicable or Not available and one liner that you are applying for first time. It should suffice. Also, not sure if the AOR email attachment does contain UCI number, have a look.

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Baji81 & friends,

I passed medicals 12-Feb and am waiting further progress updates. However wanted to check with you what the R10 and A11.2 validations stand for? Sorry if this is something already discussed or common knowledge.

Also wanted to confirm, at this stage (Post AOR and Medicals passed phase) is there anything expected from the applicants, rather than wait patiently?

Thanks

Baji81 said:
No, Once BG process started then only they will do R10 and A11.2 validations. Based on majority of the applicants, it has been understood that BG process will be Not applicable once R10 and A11.2 is done. Thereafter your application will be transferred to LVO for final decision. Once officer starts review your application they will change BG again to In Progress. Once you see the status, then you can assume that your PPR is around.

There are many surprises during the process. Some applicants reported that without any BG changes they have received their PPR. By having said that, we never know what will happen to our application. For some reason, if status is struck for a while then you can order GCMS notes to understand the situation of your application.

All the best with the rest of the process. :)

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

My BG status is "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

Just want to check what this means in terms of the old system? It was NS before the system update.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charldr said:
Hi guys,

My BG status is "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

Just want to check what this means in terms of the old system? It was NS before the system update.
It is NS.
In reality it means that they are working on something in the background (or waiting for some information from other department or Office).

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
It is NS.
In reality it means that they are working on something in the background (or waiting for some information from other department or Office).
Thanks for this

heebaarora

Mar 13, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I was bit worried about my application status.
FSW Outland
My AOR: 28/01/2017
Medical Passed: 01/03/2017
Since then no changes have been done for Background status,,,,its still showing "Not Applicable"

Is there anyone with the same situation ?

Regards

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heebaarora said:
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum. I was bit worried about my application status.
FSW Outland
My AOR: 28/01/2017
Medical Passed: 01/03/2017
Since then no changes have been done for Background status,,,,its still showing "Not Applicable"

Is there anyone with the same situation ?

Regards
your BG is NN according to old system. That status is pretty normal.

In reality security checks are running on your application, so nothing to worry about.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
akprasad1 said:
Hello Baji81 & friends,

I passed medicals 12-Feb and am waiting further progress updates. However wanted to check with you what the R10 and A11.2 validations stand for? Sorry if this is something already discussed or common knowledge.

Also wanted to confirm, at this stage (Post AOR and Medicals passed phase) is there anything expected from the applicants, rather than wait patiently?

Thanks

R 10 means:
Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

A11.2 Reference:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Post AOR and Medicals passed phase) is there anything expected from the applicants, rather than wait patiently?

It's quite unique from Case to Case and nothing can be assumed or predicted here. In general, CIC officers may ask us to provide RCMP fingerprints if they want to ensure our criminality records are clear and also Schedule A if there any gaps in the personal history. Also RPRF in case it was not paid along with e-APR.

At this point of time, nothing is in our hands other than waiting patiently for further communication from CIC. Only thing we can do here in order to understand the status is ordering GCMS notes. These notes will be shared to us after one month from the date of request. By that time, i'm sure you may receive PPR mail.

All the best with the rest of the process. :)

Sumaiya86

Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Guys... Something really weird happened today. Today morning I received an email stating that I have a new mail in My CIC. When I checked my breathing almost stopped.... It was mine and my family's passport request. They asked me to send our passport within 30 days.
My application status did not change in my Cic account. Only medical section changed from in progress to passed and that too on 20th Feb.
Feeling extremely happy and also scared as I did not hear any situation like this before. Alhamdulliah... I pray to Allah that everything goes smoothly now. :) :) :)

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Sumaiya86 said:
Guys... Something really weird happened today. Today morning I received an email stating that I have a new mail in My CIC. When I checked my breathing almost stopped.... It was mine and my family's passport request. They asked me to send our passport within 30 days.
My application status did not change in my Cic account. Only medical section changed from in progress to passed and that too on 20th Feb.
Feeling extremely happy and also scared as I did not hear any situation like this before. Alhamdulliah... I pray to Allah that everything goes smoothly now. :) :) :)
Congrats. Best wishes for journey ahead.
There are cases where ppr is preceeded by fewor no updates within my cic account re background check so nothing to worry.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anandunics said:
Eligibilty Met had happened on the same day when your BG changed from NS - NN?
No, around that time R10 was passed, but they were still waiting with A11.2 and it only passed like a week after that.

Sumaiya86

Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
shaheerjaved said:
Congrats. Best wishes for journey ahead.
There are cases where ppr is preceeded by fewor no updates within my cic account re background check so nothing to worry.
Thank you Shaheerjaved.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sumaiya86 said:
Congrat,
Situation like that can be normal (they just did not update the status but finished all never the less).
What is your LVO?

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Sumaiya86 said:
Congratulations and all the best with the rest of the process.