+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

Sagar00013

Jul 14, 2017
OINP, AOR 27 January here. Sent an inquiry to singapore VO after exceeding 6 month mark. After a week they replied about receiving file from Ottawa and asked to wait for the queue. Also advised about my soon to be expired passport. Though I have validity of 7 months, had to renew it as per their suggestion. Their reply is as follows:

"Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
Your application was transferred to the Singapore visa office on June 08, 2017.

This application is currently placed in queue for review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. It will be reviewed in chronological order according to the application received date.

You are not required to submit any documents unless specifically requested by the processing office. Kindly wait to be contacted by the visa office for further instructions. If you wish to update any information to your application, you may do so via the webform or inform this office in writing.

Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website by reviewing their Client Application Status.

The validity of the permanent resident visa is issued based on the validity of the medical result or the passport expiry date,whichever is earlier. Applicants are requested to ensure that their passport is valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of the most recent full medical examination. If your passports will expire soon, it is in your interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your visas are issued with maximum validity."

Hope keeps us alive. Good luck.

Reactions: Smile24x7

CuriousIndian

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
India
Category........
AOR Received.
20-Jan-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
I see lot of people has reached 7 months post AOR..including me...i think CIC processes the PPR in batches...is it so ? Any idea guys ?

ElleleoBC

Jul 10, 2017
yeah i got my passport back yesterday

BTW i wasnt aware of this before, but unless your application says "approved" on the CIC portal, you will not get the CoPR with stamped passport back...
Did you get the notification first before your PP tracking is activated? My passport had been received on July 21st, and my return tracking is still not activated today.... :( My PPR was July 18th. I contacted CIC through phone call, and they emailed me on Monday that my passport will be returned to me shortly.... But II dont know what was the definition of "shortly".....

ElleleoBC

Jul 10, 2017
Hello everybody, wishing you all speedy Visa stamping :)

I have received my PPR 3 weeks ago and sent passports to Local Visa Office same day. Unfortunately and till the moment, they didn't sent the passport back stamped with VISA.

After emailing LVO asking for passport status, they called me over the phone and informed me that there is still final approval missing from Canada and they could only check with CIC side if approval delayed for more than 3 months !!

I have called CIC call center and sent emails to Ottawa and CIO to check this final approval, they told me that the file is totally handled by LVO and they couldn't help on this.

Now, I have stuck in this strange status, any reason behind this huge delay stamping the passports?
Any updates on the CoPR?

Rain1925

Jul 24, 2017
7 months since Aor now. CEC Outland.
I get stuck in background check. And according to the GCMS note, they just began security screening on 20th June, and it will last more than 3 months. ...
I am inland. I don't know how to wait for other 3 months :((((

hearobear

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OINP, AOR 27 January here. Sent an inquiry to singapore VO after exceeding 6 month mark. After a week they replied about receiving file from Ottawa and asked to wait for the queue. Also advised about my soon to be expired passport. Though I have validity of 7 months, had to renew it as per their suggestion. Their reply is as follows:

"Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
Your application was transferred to the Singapore visa office on June 08, 2017.

This application is currently placed in queue for review by an officer, after which we will contact the applicant to advise the outcome of the review and/or any subsequent steps in the processing of the application. It will be reviewed in chronological order according to the application received date.

You are not required to submit any documents unless specifically requested by the processing office. Kindly wait to be contacted by the visa office for further instructions. If you wish to update any information to your application, you may do so via the webform or inform this office in writing.

Applicants can check their case status on the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website by reviewing their Client Application Status.

The validity of the permanent resident visa is issued based on the validity of the medical result or the passport expiry date,whichever is earlier. Applicants are requested to ensure that their passport is valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of the most recent full medical examination. If your passports will expire soon, it is in your interest to obtain new or updated passports to ensure your visas are issued with maximum validity."

Hope keeps us alive. Good luck.
Welcome to the SGVO club! by my count i think there is roughly 5 of us now that I know stuck there. My file was transferred on June 2, others transferred in May.. Indeed good luck to us and all other Jan applicants.

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to the SGVO club! by my count i think there is roughly 5 of us now that I know stuck there. My file was transferred on June 2, others transferred in May.. Indeed good luck to us and all other Jan applicants.
Count me in.... mine transferred in 26th may. Frustrated. No idea what they mean by choronological order. How come they are issuing pprs for june july aors then?

Reactions: Sagar00013

Canadago2017

Jan 26, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sinagpore
AOR Received.
11-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Count me in.... mine transferred in 26th may. Frustrated. No idea what they mean by choronological order. How come they are issuing pprs for june july aors then?
SGVO..my file transferred May17. Last ic heck on one of the other forums..someone with File trasnfer to SGVO on 07th feb got PR on 27 jul...so its going to be a long long long wait looks like!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-pr-october-november-december-2016-applicants.455366/page-119#post-6295319

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sanjaylade

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016