AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
Your COPR is only valid until your medical ends
In that case, they'd have to ask me for a new medical, no? My medical actually expires in exactly one week, so it would be impossible to send for a PPR, right?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
zhaff2004 said:
In that case, they'd have to ask me for a new medical, no? My medical actually expires in exactly one week, so it would be impossible to send for a PPR, right?
I would do a medical immediately and send it as a CSE. Otherwise it will be out of date by the time they issue PPR

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yawnman said:
Thanks you will get your PPR tonight according to the trend, good luck :)
Thank you! It's been a long, long road to get here (Exactly one year to the day that I entered the express entry pool and left Canada).

Think that i'll get asked for a new medical before they issue the PR/Landing visa though.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
I would do a medical immediately and send it as a CSE. Otherwise it will be out of date by the time they issue PPR
Gotcha, I'll book one 1st thing in the morning. I actually emailed Ottawa about this 3 weeks ago and they told me not to get another medical exam unless I am explicitly instructed to do so.

I'll book one tomorrow, do it next week, send a CSE and attach the copy of the medical to my passport if I get the PPR before being asked for an additional medical.

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
does it apply to language test as well? my language test expires next month.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lealealea said:
I'd imagine so. Although, I wasn't aware of the language test having an expiry date.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
lealealea said:
Your language test freezes post AOR. medical doesn't.

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaff2004 said:
I'd imagine so. Although, I wasn't aware of the language test having an expiry date.

I took my test two years ago, and i think my medical expires soon as well ..

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
lealealea said:
I took my test two years ago, and i think my medical expires soon as well ..
When you get COPR after PPR, your COPR validity ends when your medical does, as far as I am aware.

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
When you get COPR after PPR, your COPR validity ends when your medical does, as far as I am aware.

I took my medical may last year, so should i get a new one and submit it?|

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
lealealea said:
I took my medical may last year, so should i get a new one and submit it?|
Is it end of May? Personally I would but obviously I haven't had either yet and am going off what other forum members have said. If you think you'll get PPR and your passport back and land before it ends then maybe yes wait. Otherwise I would get a new one.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
is it at all possible that they will send a PPR AFTER the medical has expired though? It'll be impossible for them to issue a COPR/landing visa for a past date, right?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
zhaff2004 said:
Gotcha, I'll book one 1st thing in the morning. I actually emailed Ottawa about this 3 weeks ago and they told me not to get another medical exam unless I am explicitly instructed to do so.

I'll book one tomorrow, do it next week, send a CSE and attach the copy of the medical to my passport if I get the PPR before being asked for an additional medical.
I'll be honest with you, I know there's a lot of good info here on the forum, which is why we're all here. However, I'd follow the instructions from CIC pertaining to your medical vs instructions from the forum. Everyone's cases are slightly different, if you asked them already, and they answered, then I would go by the instructions I was given by CIC.

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mthornt said:
I'll be honest with you, I know there's a lot of good info here on the forum, which is why we're all here. However, I'd follow the instructions from CIC pertaining to your medical vs instructions from the forum. Everyone's cases are slightly different, if you asked them already, and they answered, then I would go by the instructions I was given by CIC.
Thanks mate, I think what i'll do is give them a ring on Monday and see what they recommend. I'll call and book the medical tomorrow (Will probably only get a time mid next week) and phone CIC on Monday. That way i'll have time to cancel the medical if needs be.

Also, they were a bit vague in their response on the email. Basically said that should they need any more info from me, an officer will be in touch and that until then, I don't need to submit any further info.

eralaran

Mar 10, 2017
veebee21 said:
They needed my pay slips/bank statement for my job outside Canada. But didn't have any because I worked with my mom and was paid cash. I only did a LOE. So hopefully I don't get rejected for not having pay slips and such. I was only 16 when I started working with her part-time then full time when i graduated from high school. I didn't even have a bank account lol.
Hi, how much time did they give you for additional documents to be submitted ?