+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2018

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
I just received my GCMS note after 5.5 months since my AOR (Feb 13). While reviewing my GCMS note, I noticed I attached the wrong version of my employment letter which the person made note of. Apparently, I the employment letter didn't state the duration of my employment; this note was made since March 3rd and there's been no activity since.

Please can anyone advise me on how to upload the updated employment letter to my application?

Thanks!
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Nugget

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, I contacted CIC about my application and they said that I passed everything. My account was not updated . I called a week later and CIC stated that they cannot view my file since it was sent to my local Canadian Embassy. Have you ever heard of this?
Hey, your application will not show anything new until you receive the PPR email, send the requested documents by mail (canada post or whatever), and it's only when they process those documents that they will update your online profile with "Approved" (hopefully), before sending you the CoPR back by mail.

I would say check your SPAM folder for the PPR or "Ready For Visa" email, and if you have a dependent his SPAM folder as well. Be sure that you search properly those because even if you get it nothing will show on the online profile.

PS: Please do not send same message multiple times in the thread (ping multiple people in the same message if needed).

Nugget

Jun 8, 2018
@CanadaGirl30 :
Hi, being from a country (France) that only needs eTA to travel to Canada, I only had to send photocopies of my passport (and my partner's) main page and those with stamps, as well as officials photos (went to London Drugs here in Vancouver), and a completed and signed document they send in the email body (which is a pain to complete and print, I ended up modifying the HTML code from the gmail page to complete my info, and selected the lignes to print).
Then you have to send all that in a tracked envelope, in which you have to also include another tracking envelope for them to return the COPR (confirmation of permanent residency) letter.
(The following is my understanding since I'm not there yet)
Once you get the return letter, for my case (somebody already living in Canada and close to the border), you go at the border with this letter, your passport, and I guess as much documentation as you can just in case, do a flag pole, possibly without entering the US or even talking to a US officer (or you could spend the day in the US to visit if that's your thing).
There no need to leave the country for any particular amount of time.

I'm currently waiting for the return envelope to depart from Ottawa. I know that my letter reached them last Thursday.

PPR is indeed the golden email.
I wanted to update that since I've now become a permanent resident:

With the CoPR letter (and my passport) I went to the border, parked a bit before to go talk to Canadian immigration, was told by a Canadian officer that I had to leave Canada to become PR, and to do so they told me to go to the US border and tell them that I was here to become PR of Canada.
So I did just that, went to secondary at the US border and was turned around back to Canada with a document to give to the Canadian officers.
And once at the Canadian border, gave my paperwork and became PR without any issue.
It just took some time but it was all good.

Good luck all.

Reactions: CanadaGirl30

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my medical tests redone today morning in Delhi. Now waiting to hear back from CIC on the next steps (hopefully a PPR!)

CanadaGirl30

Jun 22, 2018
Hey, your application will not show anything new until you receive the PPR email, send the requested documents by mail (canada post or whatever), and it's only when they process those documents that they will update your online profile with "Approved" (hopefully), before sending you the CoPR back by mail.

I would say check your SPAM folder for the PPR or "Ready For Visa" email, and if you have a dependent his SPAM folder as well. Be sure that you search properly those because even if you get it nothing will show on the online profile.

PS: Please do not send same message multiple times in the thread (ping multiple people in the same message if needed).
Hi thank you for your help. I received the Golden Email yesterday!

Reactions: Nugget

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical tests passed. Hoping to get the PPR soon. IP2 in first week of July.
Finally for the "golden mail". PPR!

Got the mail from Centralized Intake Office at 8am IST today (3 Aug). Thank you to all the members of this awesome forum. You all have been of great help and support!

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
Hello All,

I am bit confused here,
I submitted my Express Entry application on 23rd February 2018 and since then i have got not a single reply from CIC.
Whenever i login to check my status, it always says that ::

Review of eligibility:: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical results:: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents:: We do not need additional documents.
Interview:: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision :: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Today is 6th of August and i will be officially done waiting for 6 months by 23rd August 2018.

Can anybody tell me what might be going on???

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello All,

I am bit confused here,
I submitted my Express Entry application on 23rd February 2018 and since then i have got not a single reply from CIC.
Whenever i login to check my status, it always says that ::

Review of eligibility:: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical results:: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents:: We do not need additional documents.
Interview:: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision :: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Today is 6th of August and i will be officially done waiting for 6 months by 23rd August 2018.

Can anybody tell me what might be going on???
Looks like you're in IP2. You should get PPR soon.

Reactions: kushagra452

SaiKavi

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
15-02-2018
Med's Done....
22-02-2018
Hi,

I had got one set of GCMS notes during June and found that our case needs a review. Is there anyone sailing in the same boat? Was your application picked for review?

Thanks

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hi,

I had got one set of GCMS notes during June and found that our case needs a review. Is there anyone sailing in the same boat? Was your application picked for review?

Thanks
what kind of review was required on ur application? I too have one with regards to my work ex