+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2018

Nugget

Jun 8, 2018
Hi
Just a couple questions.
After receiving Golden Email....what is the next step and how long do you have to leave your country?
Thanks
@CanadaGirl30 :
Hi, being from a country (France) that only needs eTA to travel to Canada, I only had to send photocopies of my passport (and my partner's) main page and those with stamps, as well as officials photos (went to London Drugs here in Vancouver), and a completed and signed document they send in the email body (which is a pain to complete and print, I ended up modifying the HTML code from the gmail page to complete my info, and selected the lignes to print).
Then you have to send all that in a tracked envelope, in which you have to also include another tracking envelope for them to return the COPR (confirmation of permanent residency) letter.
(The following is my understanding since I'm not there yet)
Once you get the return letter, for my case (somebody already living in Canada and close to the border), you go at the border with this letter, your passport, and I guess as much documentation as you can just in case, do a flag pole, possibly without entering the US or even talking to a US officer (or you could spend the day in the US to visit if that's your thing).
There no need to leave the country for any particular amount of time.

I'm currently waiting for the return envelope to depart from Ottawa. I know that my letter reached them last Thursday.

Hi did you receive the Golden Email ?
PPR is indeed the golden email.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadaGirl30

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I moved to IP2 in the first week of July (after waiting for almost 4.5 months!) and have been asked to get my medicals done again since they expired on 8 July. I will be submitting my medical reports next week. How long can CIC take to send the PPR post the submission of new medical reports?

Has anyone here (or their friends/relatives) faced such a situation before?

ycqzt

Jul 24, 2018
Hi guys, I submitted all docs on Feb 8th and currently on IP2. As it is approaching to 6 month, does that mean for sure I was chose for security check if I don't receive the decision by the end of 6 months? Thanks.

BOBTESS

May 15, 2018
Hi guys, I submitted all docs on Feb 8th and currently on IP2. As it is approaching to 6 month, does that mean for sure I was chose for security check if I don't receive the decision by the end of 6 months? Thanks.
i am feb 02, i ordered for GCM notes which i recieved yesterday, everythig looks good and ready to go. my advice is to order GCM notes

BOBTESS

May 15, 2018
i am feb 02, i ordered for GCM notes which i recieved yesterday, everythig looks good and ready to go. my advice is to order GCM notes

Jun 11, 2018
PPRRRRR!! Golden E-mail just arrived. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and good luck to all Febs Aor.

FSW-O / Sao Paulo VO
Country of Origin and Residence --Brazil
Case Filed in Express Entry-------- Feb 2
Score when entered:--------------- 448
ITA:----------------------------------- Feb 7
(AOR) : ------------------------------ Feb 28
Medical :- --------------------------- Mar 6
IP1 :---------------------------------- Mar 6
IP2 :---------------------------------- Jul 9 (131 days from AOR)
PPR:--------------------------------- Jul 24 (146 days from AOR)

ennytoolz

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Category........
I just got rcmp request. Cec aor feb 21. Anyone has the link to the wattsapp group. I nees help in uploading the rcmp docs.

ennytoolz

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Category........
aor feb 21 cec
medical passed march 6
ip2 march 6
got an update this morning to submit adr for rcmp july 25. submitting in two weeks

anyone got adr for rcmp and how do I upload it to my cic acct, cos i didnt see any slot to submit it

Thank you

CanadaGirl30

Jun 22, 2018
@CanadaGirl30 :
Hi, being from a country (France) that only needs eTA to travel to Canada, I only had to send photocopies of my passport (and my partner's) main page and those with stamps, as well as officials photos (went to London Drugs here in Vancouver), and a completed and signed document they send in the email body (which is a pain to complete and print, I ended up modifying the HTML code from the gmail page to complete my info, and selected the lignes to print).
Then you have to send all that in a tracked envelope, in which you have to also include another tracking envelope for them to return the COPR (confirmation of permanent residency) letter.
(The following is my understanding since I'm not there yet)
Once you get the return letter, for my case (somebody already living in Canada and close to the border), you go at the border with this letter, your passport, and I guess as much documentation as you can just in case, do a flag pole, possibly without entering the US or even talking to a US officer (or you could spend the day in the US to visit if that's your thing).
There no need to leave the country for any particular amount of time.

I'm currently waiting for the return envelope to depart from Ottawa. I know that my letter reached them last Thursday.

PPR is indeed the golden email.
Hi, I contacted CIC about my application and they said that I passed everything. My account was not updated . I called a week later and CIC stated that they cannot view my file since it was sent to my local Canadian Embassy. Have you ever heard of this?

CanadaGirl30

Jun 22, 2018
PPRRRRR!! Golden E-mail just arrived. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and good luck to all Febs Aor.

FSW-O / Sao Paulo VO
Country of Origin and Residence --Brazil
Case Filed in Express Entry-------- Feb 2
Score when entered:--------------- 448
ITA:----------------------------------- Feb 7
(AOR) : ------------------------------ Feb 28
Medical :- --------------------------- Mar 6
IP1 :---------------------------------- Mar 6
IP2 :---------------------------------- Jul 9 (131 days from AOR)
PPR:--------------------------------- Jul 24 (146 days from AOR)
Hi, I contacted CIC about my application and they said that I passed everything. My account was not updated . I called a week later and CIC stated that they cannot view my file since it was sent to my local CanadianEmbassy. Have you ever heard of this?

CanadaGirl30

Jun 22, 2018
Called CIC end of June and was told case was handled by Sydney, got ghost update on the 4th (or a bit before), and PPR on the 13th.
AOR was 27th of Feb, see signature.

Good luck all.
Hi, I contacted CIC about my application and they said that I passed everything. My account was not updated . I called a week later and CIC stated that they cannot view my file since it was sent to my local CanadianEmbassy. Have you ever heard of this?

CanadaGirl30

Jun 22, 2018
PPR, guys!

FSW-O / Brazil / São Paulo visa office
AOR 26 feb
MEP/IP1 06 mar
IP2 04 jul
ghost update 12 jul
PPR 13/14 jul (around midnight)

Thank you all and good luck!

MaeTee

Dec 12, 2017
I just received my GCMS note after 5.5 months since my AOR (Feb 13). While reviewing my GCMS note, I noticed I attached the wrong version of my employment letter which the person made note of. Apparently, I the employment letter didn't state the duration of my employment; this note was made since March 3rd and there's been no activity since.

Please can anyone advise me on how to upload the updated employment letter to my application?

Thanks!