+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2018

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hey folks how long does it take for cic to get the extension approved for submitting our fbi pcc after aor? does the place we live and spousal or dependent factors affect the same?

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Not everyone, most yes. Background check is just indicators, you can completely ignore them and still your application will go through OK. For most it will go into IP1, but not for all.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.
Thanks for that explanation. My status got updated in the middle of the night. Looks like its IP1 now.

keroppi

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Hey folks how long does it take for cic to get the extension approved for submitting our fbi pcc after aor? does the place we live and spousal or dependent factors affect the same?
Mine came in 1 week. AoR: 8 Feb. ADR for FBI PCC (60 day extension): 16 Feb.

shanmuk

Jan 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in February 2018 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whatsapp group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker
Hi Andy,

My AOR was on Feb 14th. Kindly add me to the whatsapp group

akshrao

Feb 8, 2018
Hi Andy
Can you please add me to the whatsapp group?

Received AOR on 8th Feb and passed medicals on the16th of Feb.

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Guys I need some clarification please.

Yesterday my medicals went to passed and all I remember is that my background changed from not applicable to something else. Today I got an email saying something was updated, and I couldn't see the difference. My bg message is: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is this ip1 or ip2?

Thanks

buddypj

Feb 17, 2018
Hi Andy,

Pls add my number +971 525778670 to whatsapp group.

AOR 4 Feb 2018.
Med Cleared: 14 Feb
IP1: 15 Feb
NA2: 17 Feb

Last edited:

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Guys I need some clarification please.

Yesterday my medicals went to passed and all I remember is that my background changed from not applicable to something else. Today I got an email saying something was updated, and I couldn't see the difference. My bg message is: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is this ip1 or ip2?

Thanks
It is IP1.

wonbinofchina

Dec 4, 2017
Quick question guys, how do you know where your VO is? is that depending on where you physically are or nationality?
I am living in the Bay Area right now, which one should be my VO?