+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
I had called for GCMS in May and Aug which I received in June and Sept respectively.
Following is the status on some important points

Eligibility
June notes - Recommended Passed
Sept notes - Recommended Passed

Security

June notes - Not Started
Sept notes - Not Started

Criminality

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

Medicals

June notes - Passed
Sept notes - Passed

This means my file has not been touched since 1st May (they sent RPRF request)......that is 5 whole months without any kind of movement. Security screening is still NS. This is really pathetic and disappointing. I have written to CIC, raised CSE and called them....and their response to all the enquiries has been "we are processing your application and will update you once a decision has been made"

Even I know that I will be informed when a decision has been made.....I want to know why is my file put into cold storage? when will your agents take the application and say 'oh! he has been waiting for 7.5 months, lets at least process his file now'? why are people who have applied after me and have lesser points getting their PPR before me?

My medicals expire in Jan '18 and I have a job that requires me to serve 1.5 months of notice if I quit. Then there are so many minor and major life decisions all depending on receiving/not receiving PR.

The Govt. of Canada is inviting people but hasn't considered the repercussions on them for waiting indefinitely without a clue of whats happening to their application. I have so many more thought that I would like to share but then I stop short thinking 'let it be' maybe this week will get some good news.

Thank you & Regards

Below is my timeline for reference
FSWO
AOR - 22nd feb
Medicals - 7th April
IP1 to NA2 - 28th April
RPRF paid - 2nd May
You are absolutely right!
I received AOR on Feb 17th, 2017. Still waiting for passport call....
Requested for GCMS last week. I think I will get a similar reply as yours.

Really getting tired of this wait. I feel like I am stuck. Not able to make any decisions at all as it would, one way or the other affect this process.
All my friends got PPR in 2-3 months except me.

aramani

Mar 31, 2017
Abidjan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
You are absolutely right!
I received AOR on Feb 17th, 2017. Still waiting for passport call....
Requested for GCMS last week. I think I will get a similar reply as yours.

Really getting tired of this wait. I feel like I am stuck. Not able to make any decisions at all as it would, one way or the other affect this process.
All my friends got PPR in 2-3 months except me.
Sorry to say but all you can do is wait ...

Last edited:

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Finally, after almost 8 months, received passport request :)

No ADR, no calls, no questions, BG was NA since May, yesterday afternoon received email of new message in cic account, and noticed BG changed to "in progress"(which was NA in the morning).
File never been transferred to LVO (Ankara), according to gcms - file was sent to Paris as workload distribution. Eventually decision been made somewhere in Canada.

Huge thanks to every member for all support, specially to rg74 :) for statistics.

lilobug15

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Submitted my passport to the Abu Dhabi Embassy in UAE on the 19th of September (through VFS). Any one know how long it will take? It has almost been a month since I submitted. Does it normally take this long?

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
anyone still waiting for PPR? or am I the only one left :(
this thread has so much lesser activity now :(
Yes, I am also waiting. For me it is giving me mixed emotions. Some days I m ok ....Other times I panic. Its not good how the process is not so clear now...And all we do is wait