+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

ameydixit

Apr 7, 2016
Hi Guys!!! Congratulations to everyone who got their PPRs recently. Before you all disappear to Canada I just want to ask a couple of questions (unfortunately I am a little bit behind you all :) 1) how do you know where your application is being processed? I am trying to lodge the IRCC web form and it asks "Is you application being processed outside of Canada?" 2) How do you raise CSE? Is it the same thing as the IRCC web form? Thank you very much and congratulations again!
Send an email asking about your video office
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

CSE and web form are the same

Varun500

Sep 7, 2017
Hi Guys!!! I received ITA in Sep and was filling up the forms now. Needed some help in a few areas.
1). In the personal history section, do we need to account for unemployment periods as short as a few days like 20 days?
I did a job change in March this year and had a waiting period of around 20 days between the two jobs.
Org 1 last working day Mar 23 and Org 2 joining date Apr 19. Hope, no need to have a separate unemployment entry in personal history for this.
Similar to this, there are a couple of other unemployment periods in my career. 7 days and another 20 days.... hope, these are too small periods to be counted as gaps.

2) Since i wanted to claim points for my work experience till March only, i declared work history till MArch and am accounting for remaining period in personal history. Hope, all is is fine.

Regards
Varun

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Guys!!! I received ITA in Sep and was filling up the forms now. Needed some help in a few areas.
1). In the personal history section, do we need to account for unemployment periods as short as a few days like 20 days?
I did a job change in March this year and had a waiting period of around 20 days between the two jobs.
Org 1 last working day Mar 23 and Org 2 joining date Apr 19. Hope, no need to have a separate unemployment entry in personal history for this.
Similar to this, there are a couple of other unemployment periods in my career. 7 days and another 20 days.... hope, these are too small periods to be counted as gaps.

2) Since i wanted to claim points for my work experience till March only, i declared work history till MArch and am accounting for remaining period in personal history. Hope, all is is fine.

Regards
Varun
Hi Varun,
1. You generally shouldn't leave any gaps in your address history or personal history. As such, yes, I would recommend that you account for even these short unemployment periods in the personal history.

2. You only need to account for work experience for which you're claiming points in your work history (and it should be under personal history as well, which is why the application automatically puts it there). As long as you're not claiming points for them though, any other work experience should only be stated under personal history. So, yes, you're on track here.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Superman18

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hi All,
Am oinp Outland from India.
I got PPR on 1-sept-2017. Submitted passports on 20th Sept at local vfs.

I have a question related to landing. Since I have done medicals on 25 Jan 2017, my consultant was mentioning that I have to complete landing before 25th Jan 2018(that is exactly 1 year from medicals date). She also said my visa will be valid till the medicals 1 year completion date. Is it true?
Can I redo medicals and prepare for landing later. Please advice.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hi All,
Am oinp Outland from India.
I got PPR on 1-sept-2017. Submitted passports on 20th Sept at local vfs.

I have a question related to landing. Since I have done medicals on 25 Jan 2017, my consultant was mentioning that I have to complete landing before 25th Jan 2018(that is exactly 1 year from medicals date). She also said my visa will be valid till the medicals 1 year completion date. Is it true?
Can I redo medicals and prepare for landing later. Please advice.
Yes he is right. You will get visa valid till the date your medical expire or your passport expiry whichever is earlier. Regarding redoing the medicals you will have to contact CIC after you receive your COPR and request them explaining your situation. But best is to do soft landing after you receive the COPR before your medicals expire. All the best.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
If you're from a visa exempt country then you will not get a visa. Also if you are already living in Canada, then also you don't need that visa.
If you are in Canada & not from visa exempt country you still need a visa to do landing. I am in Canada and got visa for single entry !

Reactions: melito