LANDED..........
06-05-2017
JamieMM said:
Mar 2, same time BG changed to NS.
Cool, i am following you.. good luck.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
Mthornt said:
Heres what I found in another part of the forum, if this is accurate it may provide some clarity...

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.

I think the background goes back to Not Applicable after initial assessment of eliigibity!

Manishdwivedi

Mar 6, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2017
Hi, my BGC changed to IP (2) today.. how much it generally take to get PPR??

Charrington

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
4 jan 2017
AOR Received.
4 February 2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Hey very insightful mine has been not applicable for over a month I file was not being worked on but looks like this is not the case? I.e. They only change back to in progress towards the end again, I am presuming the longer it had been not applicable I.e. Over a month is good news? Less chance of rejection

quote author=Castillo link=topic=472377.msg5934112#msg5934112 date=1492123968]
Mthornt said:
Heres what I found in another part of the forum, if this is accurate it may provide some clarity...

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.

I think the background goes back to Not Applicable after initial assessment of eliigibity!

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

I'm FSW outland and my AOR was on 28 February 2017.

I have just seen the following changes:

Review of additional documents: From "Not applicable" to "We do not need additional documents"

Background check: From "Not applicable" to "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check"

But the medical exam remains the same. Has still not changed to "passed".

Anyone who can say how to interpret these two changes?

Thanks!

Harrys1988

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Kearnixer said:
Hi everyone!

Review of additional documents: From "Not applicable" to "We do not need additional documents"

Background check: From "Not applicable" to "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check"

Thanks!
Right now they dont need any additional documents to process ur application
Background check status means not started yet NS
Medical status will change to pass soon this thing is common in FSW

Initial phase of processing

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Kearnixer said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Hi Kearnixer,

I've had the exact same status changes as you have, and haven't had the medical pass yet either. I'm FSWO with 20-FEB AOR, good to hear there are others with similar pattern.

PianoMan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Halifax, NS
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone. I am a bit worried about my BOWP application. I submitted the application on February 1, 2017 same as the day I submitted my pr application (check signature for timeline). My BOWP application has been on hold since march 13. My pgwp has expired and I am on implied status. I am just wondering what's taking so long or why it hasn't been approved yet. I'm feeling stressed about it and been contemplating worst case scenarios in my head. :'(

Anyone with any thoughts on what the reason could be?

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Kearnixer said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
My case is exactly the same, I'm PNP-inland with AOR Feb 1st

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harrys1988 said:
Right now they dont need any additional documents to process ur application
Background check status means not started yet NS
Medical status will change to pass soon this thing is common in FSW

Initial phase of processing
Thanks Harrys!

joyleo

Apr 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PianoMan said:
Hello everyone. I am a bit worried about my BOWP application. I submitted the application on February 1, 2017 same as the day I submitted my pr application (check signature for timeline). My BOWP application has been on hold since march 13. My pgwp has expired and I am on implied status. I am just wondering what's taking so long or why it hasn't been approved yet. I'm feeling stressed about it and been contemplating worst case scenarios in my head. :'(

Anyone with any thoughts on what the reason could be?
Did you try raising a CSE asking for that status?

pilot747

Mar 9, 2015
Hello,

my situation also the same. PGWP expires may 5th 2017.

BOWP is "on hold" because of two reasons, either your r10 checks are not done or you should be expecting PPR soon.

This is from CIC

Express Entry: determining if an e-APR has passed the completeness check

If a foreign national submits an APR using Express Entry, they may apply for a BOWP if they meet the eligibility requirements. However, a decision on the application will not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e‑APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e‑APR has passed the R10 completeness check.

Before issuing a BOWP, officers must check the Global Case Management System (GCMS) to ensure that the CIO has reviewed the application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in sections R10 and R12.01. If the e‑APR is incomplete, the application for a BOWP must be refused. The open work permit holder fee can be refunded, but the processing fees cannot.

Complete application: The CIO will enter the following note in GCMS: “R10 OK.”

Incomplete application: The CIO will cancel the e‑APR and enter the following note in GCMS: “E‑APR rejected as incomplete. Client not eligible for BOWP.”

ozone4oz

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
15th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
23rd Dec 2016
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2017
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2017
sara.parveen26 said:
Hello to all forum fellows!

I have been a silent follower of this forum on various topics and have sought help from time to time when having doubts about my application. So, first of all I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your contribution! :)

I received my golden e-mail just about 2 hours ago!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Following is my timeline:

Stream: CEC Inland
APR/ e-AOR: February 17, 2017
BOWP applied: February 17, 2017
Medicals passed: March 23, 2017
BG status (IP): March 23, 2017
BOWP approved: March 26, 2017
PPR: April 12, 2017

My BG did not change through out and is still showing the same status. I have been checking my CIC account almost 3 times everyday so I do not think I missed any change in the status but this can be a possibility.
And the PPR e-mail was sent to my Gmail account (not in the promotions/spam folder though) and no message in CIC account.

I have one final query:
My spouse was added as a dependent applicant and he is residing in Pakistan. Now, is he approved along with me?
If yes, will he send his passport to the local VO in Pakistan right away or do I need instructions for this before? - confused because the e-mail states the following:

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

And if he does submit to local VO, then in Annex A, do I fill out and sign my information or will that be his information, i.e., name, address, telephone #, etc. ?

As always, I'd really appreciate expert advice on above queries.

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting.

Cheers!
Since you are inland, carryon with the procedure and indicate that your husband who is outland will then have to use the local VO
my thought though

Dec 20, 2016
ozone4oz said:
Since you are inland, carryon with the procedure and indicate that your husband who is outland will then have to use the local VO
my thought though
Thanks for sharing your thought!
I called IRCC and that's what they suggested as well to send my passport with a letter requesting to send additional instructions in order to submit my husband's passport to the local VO. I just mailed my passport today.