+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

HmdFrd

Apr 1, 2017
Hi mfm

I am almost in the same boat.
AOR: 15 Feb,
medical: passed on 16 March., BG: in processing on 16 March, no update till now. (and I haven't submitted upfront RCMP for me and my wife)

People say different things; some say that now CIC is working on our eligibility and some say that we have passed it and now is the security turn.
:)

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
mfm said:
Aor 8th Feb
Medical passed 6th March
BG In Progress since 6th March
No update till now :(
CEC Inland

My PGWP WP expires in 5 months. My spouse has SOWP. Should i apply for BOWP? Would i have to apply BOWP for my spouse as well?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks
You have enough time to wait. They are working on 4th and 5th feb applicants right now so just hang in there. Your time will probably come next week hopefully.

Bryson Tiller

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26 02 2017
AOR Received.
26 02 2017
Med's Done....
march
Hey Guys i have a quick question!Got my AOR 27th feb,did my medicals on the 14th of march and the clinic told me that immigration would get the results 2 weeks later which would be by the 28th of march.My medicals passed in my profile but i'm not quite sure if the BG changed at all.At what point does it change because I've seen some people saying it changes on the day your medicals pass.And mind you i was not checking my profile till the weekend of April 8th which is when i found out that my medicals had passed because they did not send me any emails to let me know.So im not too sure whether they did the first BG Process.My BG right now says Not applicable.Your help will deeply be appreciated!

kaykat27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Bryson Tiller said:
Hey Guys i have a quick question!Got my AOR 27th feb,did my medicals on the 14th of march and the clinic told me that immigration would get the results 2 weeks later which would be by the 28th of march.My medicals passed in my profile but i'm not quite sure if the BG changed at all.At what point does it change because I've seen some people saying it changes on the day your medicals pass.And mind you i was not checking my profile till the weekend of April 8th which is when i found out that my medicals had passed because they did not send me any emails to let me know.So im not too sure whether they did the first BG Process.My BG right now says Not applicable.Your help will deeply be appreciated!
I don't think my BG changed the same day as Mediclas passed, if I'm remembering it correctly.
But your AOR was only Feb 27.. mine was Jan 29 and it still says BG in progress. it takes time

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
kaykat27 said:
What that's amazing - my AOR was late Jan and it's still stuck in BG check in progress
Well atleast you have just got BOWP approved. It means your file has cleared R10 Stage. You will see update soon.

Bryson Tiller

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26 02 2017
AOR Received.
26 02 2017
Med's Done....
march
kaykat27 said:
I don't think my BG changed the same day as Mediclas passed, if I'm remembering it correctly.
But your AOR was only Feb 27.. mine was Jan 29 and it still says BG in progress. it takes time
Thanks alot for your response.So you are in your first bg check correct?

rmonroe

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mfm said:
Aor 8th Feb
Medical passed 6th March
BG In Progress since 6th March
No update till now :(
CEC Inland

My PGWP WP expires in 5 months. My spouse has SOWP. Should i apply for BOWP? Would i have to apply BOWP for my spouse as well?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks
I would wait another month. Because they say if you have 4 months left, you can apply for BOWP. Plus they are working on FEBs application. Hang in there!.

kaykat27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Bryson Tiller said:
Thanks alot for your response.So you are in your first bg check correct?
I think it is.
I didn't submit any Police Certificates though because I didn't live anywhere except for Canada for 6 months since I turned 18.
Plus I've moved quite a bit within Canada so that may also be the reason why the BG check is taking longer.

Everyone's situation is so different so timelines vary. Best thing to do is just be patient and wait

Bryson Tiller

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26 02 2017
AOR Received.
26 02 2017
Med's Done....
march
kaykat27 said:
I think it is.
I didn't submit any Police Certificates though because I didn't live anywhere except for Canada for 6 months since I turned 18.
Plus I've moved quite a bit within Canada so that may also be the reason why the BG check is taking longer.

Everyone's situation is so different so timelines vary. Best thing to do is just be patient and wait
That's true.Wish you all the best!!

Kawalrandhawa

Star Member
Dec 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Hey guys my background check just changed from "next step to check background" to not applicable. what does this really mean.??

dull1234

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Hi there

My background was "we are processing .... " previously, now it has changed to Not applicable. Didn't see any request for Canada PCC yet. Does that mean that my next background status will be "we are processing..." again and then PPR ?

Thanks