17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
rodrigolporto said:
Hello Guys! I have received my AOR on Feb 27th. At this stage I have Medical Exams Passed. My background check was in progress and then it changed to Not needed at this time. Is this normal? Could this be an issue with the system? Tks!
This is normal. A lot of applicants see this. I believe this is a system glitch, but is definitely a common pattern. So relax and do not stress. Any update is some progress.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
EE Process is a long one and will take time, for some even longer, and there will be a few who will be disappointed. But, the kay is to stay calm and positive.

I posted this a few months ago to benefit fellow applicants from September and I am posting it here if it may help you and calm you down.

As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.

ankanafanka

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
awaiting
legalfalcon said:
EE Process is a long one and will take time, for some even longer, and there will be a few who will be disappointed. But, the kay is to stay calm and positive.

I posted this a few months ago to benefit fellow applicants from September and I am posting it here if it may help you and calm you down.

As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.
+1 for you. This is great! Do you know on which stage they send RPRF request if it wasn't paid upfront?

SoCloseToHome

Aug 13, 2015
J G said:
Hi guys,
My aor 19feb , but not any further update yet, even not medical passed yet,

Anyone who even does not passed medical in two months
Thanks
Same boat. My AOR is 12 FEB, No update on Medicals passed or additional documents requested. I basically have AOR even though medicals were done a week before submission. Confirmed with MD no issues. :/

Ashot

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Ottawa
SoCloseToHome said:
Same boat. My AOR is 12 FEB, No update on Medicals passed or additional documents requested. I basically have AOR even though medicals were done a week before submission. Confirmed with MD no issues. :/
Guys, the best solution is to order GCMS notes, you will find all detailed info about your apps...

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Ashot said:
Guys, the best solution is to order GCMS notes, you will find all detailed info about your apps...
I ordered GCMS note on 12 Apr but no update as of now. Any idea how much time it takes?

Thanks

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Charli123 said:
I ordered GCMS note on 12 Apr but no update as of now. Any idea how much time it takes?

Thanks
I ordered GCMS notes on 5th april and got it on 20th. it varies.

mulho

Apr 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
cheire said:
Congrats Aminpayal17

Hey guys if anyone from FEB AOR group gets PPR let me know
I'll update the spreadsheet, message me
Or you can update spreadsheet it's open for everyone to edit

Thank you
Hi
My name is in the first tab of the spreadsheet, but this tab is locked, and I can't update it. My medicals changed to "Passed" status today, and I'd like to update it there for my username "mulho".
Could you please help?
Cheers
Mulho

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
legalfalcon said:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

+1, thanks for sharing this information! :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ankanafanka said:
+1 for you. This is great! Do you know on which stage they send RPRF request if it wasn't paid upfront?

RPRF request is usually sent after the eligibility is met.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ashot said:
GCMS notes are not helpful in the first 3 months as until that stage only the R10 is complete. No one can stop you from ordering it, but is does not provide you with much information. The processing time is 6 months, and be patient and let your file move at its pace. If there is not much movement, order the GMCS notes in the fourth month.

GCMS plays a vital role and should be used strategically. Although you can order the GCMS any number of times, but beware that each time you order the GCMS notes an agent is forced to open your file and review the notes before sending them to you. After the first four months files get staggered and some even though might have everything ready to move to the next step, but have been waiting for an agent to look into it. This is when the GCMS is of great use. Not only you get to see your file, when you request it, the agent opens it and will move it ahead if there is something waiting just to be entered.

The GCMS notes are most useful in the following scenario:

1. Medical showing not passed - In some cases the results are in, but an agent has not updated your file. If you request the GCMS an agent will be forced to open your file and while he is in it, he will update the medicals as passed.

2. BGC not started.

Every time you order GCMS, which is your right, you are also putting an extra burden on the CIC. So be mindful of when you order the notes.

In my opinion you should not order the notes in the first 4 months.