+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

Weekly

Aug 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
durrants said:
And can we assume that if nobody got ghost email, it means they haven't even opened our files to take a look?
Yes , seems like it.

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
durrants said:
I'm on 8th AOR and tried calling three times, they refuse to help me because I'm not overdue yet and just asked me to wait. Not helpful not friendly at all
Well, it states clearly that you should not call them before your 6 months are exceeded. If you are AOR August 8th your 6 moths are not over yet.

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
My AOR is August 3rd.

So I just called them. The lady said there are no news so far and that they could take till June 10th of this year. If it comes to June 10th, I can call back.

Don't know what to expect any more from CIC. It's just a big blow to my hopes.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
durrants said:
And can we assume that if nobody got ghost email, it means they haven't even opened our files to take a look?
Yes bec when i ordered my second gcms notes i took gap of 3 months between that gap i didnt get any ghost email and yes when i saw my second gcms notes they didnt do anything with my application nothing at all

Weekly

Aug 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAcevedo said:
My AOR is August 3rd.

So I just called them. The lady said there are no news so far and that they could take till June 10th of this year. If it comes to June 10th, I can call back.

That is not a good news. :eek: . So basically they are asking people to wait for another 3 months. It gets tricky when some of us have things on hold just because we are waiting to hear a decision from CIC. :'(

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAcevedo said:
My AOR is August 3rd.

Dont lose hope, u july applicant call few days back and agent told same thing to him that he have to wait till june but he got his ppr yesterday and did they tell you where you application is ? And what have done ?

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
JAcevedo said:
My AOR is August 3rd.

May I ask under which category you've applied?

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
JAcevedo said:
My AOR is August 3rd.

Do NOT trust CIC customer service... they say random things ! I had ordered GCMS notes , which I did not receive on time. SO I called the CIC number. The lady very confidently told me that they have no records of my request and I will have to reorder and wait for 30 more days. So I reordered them.
Next day just to be sure that the order went through , I called again. This time a very sassy guy told me I should not bother calling CIC coz they won't see GCMS requests and lo and behold I received the notes that were apparently "not ordered" the next day !!!

limbodxb

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the CIC call agents are by and large clueless and not interested based on the calls I have made.

On a side note, I received a Schedule A request from CIC on January 19th. The request stated I should submit an updated Schedule A within 30 day, else a decision will be made with the existing information on my file.

My AOR is Aug 25th and from this request I can infer that a decision on my case will be made roughly around Feb. 19th .... +/-. Just a guess.

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
FSW - inland

I asked if she could tell me anything, she said no. There were no news. I asked when was last time my was file accessed or something that may hint they were working on it, she only replied "they are working on it". She was very rude too.

I'm going to order another GCMS notes again to see what has changed in a month.

The one thing that I don't understand from my first GCMS note is a "Lock in date: 2015/08/03" message on the last note. Any one has any clue to what it could mean?

Direction North said:
May I ask under which category you've applied?

JAcevedo

Jun 19, 2015
So I found this:

Lock-in Date: Date when CIC received/opened the application.

Here's a file explaining each field on GCMS notes.

https://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

durrants

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Visa Office......
FSW Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 9th, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 13th
Interview........
Not needed
Seems to be another slow day with no PPR issued to this group of ppl :( I hope I m wrong

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
durrants said:
I think people interpret way too much into these ghost emails (or lack thereof).

In all the time I've been waiting for my PPR, I never received one of these emails. That obviously doesn't mean that no one had been working on my file.

My application was just closed (application status changed to approved), and I didn't even get an email about it.

I totally understand the anxiety (I've been there too), but many people are trying to see patterns where there aren't any.

durrants

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Visa Office......
FSW Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 9th, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 13th