+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
indianaspirant said:
5 months + 1 day .... ???.....hope the PPR batches continue, high hopes from this week....if they send out a batch everyday, outlanders will probably receive their PPRs starting 15th January
I don't think CIC would continue to prioritize inlanders over outlanders, as such, I am hoping to see a batch for outlanders this week.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibejiopad said:
I don't think CIC would continue to prioritize inlanders over outlanders, as such, I am hoping to see a batch for outlanders this week.
from you'r mouth, to CIC's ears ;)

It is getting harder and harder to wait... there is a saying: the night is darkest just before dawn ( might have lost something in translation - but you get my point).

I am hoping and praying every minute or every day when I am not sleeping and doing the same in my sleep, that this long wait is nearing it's end.

If not this week., I hope next week ..

CANEE

Dec 21, 2015
willpower7 said:
Hey Kannanbalaji.ice

Haven't received gcms notes as yet. Had ordered them on the 28th of Nov. I just don't know why there has been such a delay. Tom i complete 150 days since AOR, bg check hasnt started as yet..hoping for the best,fingers crossed.

same here ... really worried that BG check hasnt even started yet and its been over 5 months..

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
yelena said:

It is getting harder and harder to wait... there is a saying: the night is darkest just before dawn ( might have lost something in translation - but you get my point).

I am hoping and praying every minute or every day when I am not sleeping and doing the same in my sleep, that this long wait is nearing it's end.

Lols, I really hope they could hear me!!!! From the look of things, the bulk of July inlanders and a significant number August Inlanders already their PPRs, as such, it makes a bit of sense to start looking into outlanders' PPR backlogs.

I feel your pain with the wait thing; waiting for immigration decision is perhaps the worst kind of waiting there is in this universe. The wait puts almost everything on-hold.

OshKoshBeGosh

Sep 9, 2015
fswaspirant said:
Hi OshKoshBeGosh, congrats for the PPR.

Question on work permit extension - currently am on a LMIA based work permit and is expiring end of April 2016. I have applied for the PR (FSW Inland, November AoR). I am trying to figure out when should I apply for my work permit extension. I believe there is is something called BOWP I need to apply as well, or is WP extension and BOWP - the same?

Can you please help me with the appropriate link that gives me the details of what application package I need to submit and by when?

Also a related question, my wife currently is on open work permit and is working. Can we also apply for extending her open work permit and she will be able to continue to work?

FSWaspirant
Hi

You can apply for your Work permit extension within 3 months of the expiration date on your WP.

I prefer the online application. If you have a My CIC account, you can start by answering the questions ( since you want to extend your spouse WP as well, choose Accompanying Family member as YES so you can apply for both in the same account at the same time - I did this for my husband). It will create a profile for you and you can upload the applications + required documents.

Once you apply, you will get a confirmation. Even if it takes longer time ( goes over April 2016), you are on implied status. When your WP extension is approved, you will get an email and them the WP will come in the mail.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help.

jaromirqjliu

Jan 4, 2016
I got ITA on June 29 and submitted the online app on Aug 4, and got AOR at the same day. Inland FSW. Now it is still stuck at Eligibility review, nothing else needed. It's been 5 months precisely. Anyone in same situation? Should I start to worry?

casmscanada

Aug 30, 2015
jaromirqjliu said:
I got ITA on June 29 and submitted the online app on Aug 4, and got AOR at the same day. Inland FSW. Now it is still stuck at Eligibility review, nothing else needed. It's been 5 months precisely. Anyone in same situation? Should I start to worry?
Did you order your GCMS notes ?

AOR: 22 August 2015, FSW Inland

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
Does anyone from August CEC has any updates?
150 days and counting. Not complaining though

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
yelena said:

The night is darkest before dawn. impressive dialogue. I think I heard that in the legendary movie "Dark Knight". ;)

I am sure we are reaching that dawn. It's going to be any moment folks :)

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
ibejiopad said:
Lols, I really hope they could hear me!!!! From the look of things, the bulk of July inlanders and a significant number August Inlanders already their PPRs, as such, it makes a bit of sense to start looking into outlanders' PPR backlogs.

I feel your pain with the wait thing; waiting for immigration decision is perhaps the worst kind of waiting there is in this universe. The wait puts almost everything on-hold.
You couldn't be more right mate. Because of this waiting for immigration decision, I have been forced to put many things in hold.

But it's ok, I am just praying that all of us will get a positive decision. :)