+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

WalterW

Nov 30, 2015
I was able to get CIC last week, after seeing that some of the August AOR's who applied after me, under the same category, got their PPR.
A very nice lady answered, i explained my situation to her, told her i am not able to access ECAS for almost two months now and that i am getting worried.I just wanted to know if everything is ok with my application.
She was kind enough to open it up, told me it is in Ottawa being processed, they just need to check my criminal background. Everything else has been checked. She couldn't tell me when it is going to be processed but she thinks it should be any day now.
She also told me to write to CIC regarding my situation of not being to able access my ECAS which i did, but still didn't get answer.

Kinda calmed me down.
AOR august 5th
Background check went in progress on August 17th
Medical passed Oct 14th.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
WalterW said:
I was able to get CIC last week, after seeing that some of the August AOR's who applied after me, under the same category, got their PPR.
A very nice lady answered, i explained my situation to her, told her i am not able to access ECAS for almost two months now and that i am getting worried.I just wanted to know if everything is ok with my application.
She was kind enough to open it up, told me it is in Ottawa being processed, they just need to check my criminal background. Everything else has been checked. She couldn't tell me when it is going to be processed but she thinks it should be any day now.
She also told me to write to CIC regarding my situation of not being to able access my ECAS which i did, but still didn't get answer.

Kinda calmed me down.
AOR august 5th
Medical passed Oct 14th.
Very nice, WalterW! Hopefully it's just a matter of time now!

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
WalterW said:

Kinda calmed me down.
AOR august 5th
Medical passed Oct 14th.
Good to see that CIC has some agents who actually provide updates. Most examples on this forum are of people getting nothing more than "please wait".

WalterW

Nov 30, 2015
True and in all honesty the first two agents I called a while ago didn't wanna open my application after i told them my AOR date.
I started freaking out when i saw that some people got the info from the CIC agents that applications won't be processed till March (and i think i am not the only one) so thought i might share a more positive information with you guys and maybe make someone feel a little better.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
CANEE said:
I am 7th AUG AOR but BG still says 'not needed at this time'. they had asked for an additional document from me on 17th November, which I uploaded on 18th November. No movement since then - not even any ghost emails :( not too sure whats happening at their end.
I have a similar situation (AOR - Aug 8) where additional docs had been requested on Nov 24 and my background went back to Not Needed at this time from Not Started. Fingers crossed. Hopefully this week we will hear something.

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WalterW said:
True and in all honesty the first two agents I called a while ago didn't wanna open my application after i told them my AOR date.
I started freaking out when i saw that some people got the info from the CIC agents that applications won't be processed till March (and i think i am not the only one) so thought i might share a more positive information with you guys and maybe make someone feel a little better.
No, I remember that the member quoted the CIC agent as saying that most applications would (there was no "not") be processed until March.
I believe you will receive the PPR soon.

WalterW

Nov 30, 2015
gavingan said:
No, I remember that the member quoted the CIC agent as saying that most applications would (there was no "not") be processed until March.
I believe you will receive the PPR soon.
My bad! Just the mention of March as a possibility messed with my head :)

Congrats on your PPR!

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
Hello,

I got an email on Dec 24th to send my passport within 30 days.. I have booked my trip to India from Jan 22nd to Feb 20th, which cannot be cancelled.
I am not sure if I should send my passport or not?

Can anyone please advise?

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
harneetsarai said:
Hello,

I got an email on Dec 24th to send my passport within 30 days.. I have booked my trip to India from Jan 22nd to Feb 20th, which cannot be cancelled.

Cpc Ottawa used to sent back passport with in 20 days

Source - earlier posts from forum

Can you tell us your application type and detailed timeline , it might help others..

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply.

I have sent them an email as well as suggested in the email if you are not able to meet the deadline.

I am very concerned if I do not get it back on time before Jan 22nd, since holidays are going on till Jan 4th. There are 14 business days from 4th till 22nd.

Can there be an exception?

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
harneetsarai said:
Hello,

Mine took two weeks to be returned. I think you should be fine, but send it out as soon as you can, just to be safe as there may be delays with the holidays.

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Yup, weekends included. I kept a detail record of my timeline, and according to my notes, passport was sent on Oct 14 and I received it on Oct 28. I am located in Toronto. It took one day from the time it left Ottawa to the time I got it back. If you send it first thing in the morning, it should arrive by the next day for the latest, depending where you're from. Hope that helps.

amitsolanki14

Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
aru_nj said:
Are you in Canada or any other country .

I am from USA (PNP) my BG still not started , AOR Aug 17
I am from India, FSW EE Applicant