+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if start of BG process really matters. I m September AOR, BG started after 2 days of application received on 25th September.

Does that mean i will get faster PPR?

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
kanwar80 said:
I wonder if start of BG process really matters.
I was panting after the "BG change" to move to "in progress". I am an Aug 5th AOR and mine changed on Nov 14th finally. But honestly getting PPR is all that matters is what I feel now. These things don't really give a lot of relief though its hard to see it that way then.

I m September AOR, BG started after 2 days of application received on 25th September.

Does that mean i will get faster PPR?
The usual trend is that people either 1. get bg change to in-progress within a few days after AOR and in this case it doesn't mean anything.
2. get the bg change to in-progress as a final step before dm/ppr. So delayed bg change after a few months is usually good news. This might mean that everything else on the file was found acceptable.

Again, this is just my opinion and take. ::)

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:
I was panting after the "BG change" to move to "in progress". I am an Aug 5th AOR and mine changed on Nov 14th finally. But honestly getting PPR is all that matters is what I feel now. These things don't really give a lot of relief though its hard to see it that way then.

The usual trend is that people either 1. get bg change to in-progress within a few days after AOR and in this case it doesn't mean anything.
2. get the bg change to in-progress as a final step before dm/ppr. So delayed bg change after a few months is usually good news. This might mean that everything else on the file was found acceptable.

Again, this is just my opinion and take. ::)
so the question here, has anyone got rejected after having his late Bg check started ?!!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sharma1990 said:
How about me tomneversfield any thoughts on my application and what should i do know i am really confused and what are the chances of getting refusal after such a long time for me ?
Your case sharma1990 is one of the stressful ones unfortunately, though i'm hopeful that it'll have a happy ending.. you know i've always said that from my own personal observation: 80% of folks get the average processing time, 10% are super lucky and get fast tracked, and there's always a 10% who get delayed for no apparent reason. You seem to have fallen into that 10% delayed bucket. For now, you'll have to stay hopeful and treat your case on a no-new-good-news basis. If they wanted to reject you, you would have seen DM in your ECAS a long time ago. So let's stay hopeful that your file just slipped through the cracks and that someone will very soon pick it up and give it the attention it deserves. What did your latest GCMS notes indicate?

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
White knight 22 said:
so the question here, has anyone got rejected after having his late Bg check started ?!!
I have asked this question so many times, and I still haven't heard of a case where an FSW outland got rejected after BG check went into progress (remember, FSW inlands get BG in progress very quickly after AOR, so many inland rejections occur after BG check goes into progress). But for FSW outland, it seems that the likelihood of a rejection falls drastically after BG check goes into progress (or at least I hope so!). And that's just my opinion (based on observation and 'intuition')

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Your case sharma1990 is one of the stressful ones unfortunately, though i'm hopeful that it'll have a happy ending.. you know i've always said that from my own personal observation: 80% of folks get the average processing time, 10% are super lucky and get fast tracked, and there's always a 10% who get delayed for no apparent reason. You seem to have fallen into that 10% delayed bucket. For now, you'll have to stay hopeful and treat your case on a no-new-good-news basis. If they wanted to reject you, you would have seen DM in your ECAS a long time ago. So let's stay hopeful that your file just slipped through the cracks and that someone will very soon pick it up and give it the attention it deserves. What did your latest GCMS notes indicate?
Thanks for you hopeful thoughts ...and on my gcms notes i got this
MEC/R87.1: - Authorized NOC 0,A,B work
experience within QP: 2014/07/03 to 2016/07/03 - Category of work permit: LMO - Post-secondary studies in
Canada: University WORK EXPERIENCE 1: - WORK PERIOD: JUL2014 TO LOCK-IN (Full time) - WORK TITLE/ NOC: FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (NOC: 6311) - EMPLOYER: xxxxxx LOE DATE: 27JUL2015 - LOE: confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title, Salary of xxx Both a T4 and a NOA from 2014 show(s) reported earnings of xxxAPPLICABLE POSITIVE CONDITIONS: - WORK PERIOD (1yr in last 3): APPEARS MET - Web-based search conducted - Employer information verified **Lead Statement and Main Duties appear to be met** Additional Notes: PAYSTUBS ON FILE ***MEC/R87.1: Appears MET*** ​CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No
reportable trace - Police Certificates - India: No reportable trace Spouse/Common-Law:- Police Certificates -
India: No reportable trace​MEDICALS: - Valid
Results in GCMS for ALL APPLICANTS
RECOMMENDATION Appears to meet A11.2 & R87.1 requirement

I can wait for more time just want positive decision ..

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
I have asked this question so many times, and I still haven't heard of a case where an FSW outland got rejected after BG check went into progress (remember, FSW inlands get BG in progress very quickly after AOR, so many inland rejections occur after BG check goes into progress). But for FSW outland, it seems that the likelihood of a rejection falls drastically after BG check goes into progress (or at least I hope so!). And that's just my opinion (based on observation and 'intuition')
I wish that's true and sounds logic coz what makes them putting efforts in tracing someone overseas while apparent reasons of rejection is in their hand ?!!! all the best for u and everyone :)

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
Thanks for you hopeful thoughts ...and on my gcms notes i got this
MEC/R87.1: - Authorized NOC 0,A,B work
experience within QP: 2014/07/03 to 2016/07/03 - Category of work permit: LMO - Post-secondary studies in
Canada: University WORK EXPERIENCE 1: - WORK PERIOD: JUL2014 TO LOCK-IN (Full time) - WORK TITLE/ NOC: FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (NOC: 6311) - EMPLOYER: xxxxxx LOE DATE: 27JUL2015 - LOE: confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title, Salary of xxx Both a T4 and a NOA from 2014 show(s) reported earnings of xxxAPPLICABLE POSITIVE CONDITIONS: - WORK PERIOD (1yr in last 3): APPEARS MET - Web-based search conducted - Employer information verified **Lead Statement and Main Duties appear to be met** Additional Notes: PAYSTUBS ON FILE ***MEC/R87.1: Appears MET*** ​CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No
reportable trace - Police Certificates - India: No reportable trace Spouse/Common-Law:- Police Certificates -
India: No reportable trace​MEDICALS: - Valid
Results in GCMS for ALL APPLICANTS
RECOMMENDATION Appears to meet A11.2 & R87.1 requirement

I can wait for more time just want positive decision ..
I'm always keeping in my mind that your GCMS note is the best one i came across .. if i were you i would call them several times till you get the real reason of delay.. otherwise you raise a CSE

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Gabbana said:
:( i'm Aug 17 AORer but My BG check is not started yet :-[ one applicant with same AOR date went into progress this week :(
Oh Gabbana i'm sorry your BG check didn't start yet.. so frustrating.. your consolation should be in that your GCMS notes showed a lot of promising comments.. so rest assured it's just a logistical delay sort of thing.. $100 (imaginary) bet you'll get it early next week..

Same goes to you aru_nj.. Best of luck both of you, really!

...And Yelena too of course!

Oh my God, i'm becoming tooo emotionally invested in you all! :)

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
I'm always keeping in my mind that your GCMS note is the best one i came across .. if i were you i would call them several times till you get the real reason of delay.. otherwise you raise a CSE
I am gonna submit my wife's renew passport within a week may be this gonna awake them and
You think my wife is in india is the problem of delaying ... Like they taking so much time for bg check ..?

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
I am gonna submit my wife's renew passport within a week may be this gonna awake them and
You think my wife is in india is the problem of delaying ... Like they taking so much time for bg check ..?
I'm not sure if this is the reason but what i'm seeing that most of visa exempt applicants BG check is done in a matter of days .. but your case is nearly through and the question is when not yes or no .. good luck

Ranitidin

Dec 11, 2015
Re: background check
Mine was in progress for 3 months and then turned to: - not needed at this point yesterday

Timeline is:
App submitted Aug 20/AOR/medic/eligibility/background check in progress -- all from Aug 27/ additional document request Sept 23 (WES online access) and no communication until 3 days ago, when they asked for RPRF.
Today I noticed my background check has turned to not needed.

Sohrabh

Jul 5, 2014
Hi tomneversfield, My timelines are very similar to yours.... AOR on 9th Aug and BG in process 26th Nov.... hope to hear some good news soon :) :) :)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Ranitidin said:
Re: background check
Mine was in progress for 3 months and then turned to: - not needed at this point yesterday

Timeline is:
App submitted Aug 20/AOR/medic/eligibility/background check in progress -- all from Aug 27/ additional document request Sept 23 (WES online access) and no communication until 3 days ago, when they asked for RPRF.
Today I noticed my background check has turned to not needed.
are you an inland or an outland FSW? There's a growing trend of folks having their BG check going from in progress to not needed... my theory was that maybe Ottawa is starting to transfer some cases to their local VO's to clear some backlog, and once a case is transferred the bg check goes from in progress to not needed... but if you're an inland and your local vo is ottawa then that doesn't really apply to you. Let us know.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Sohrabh said:
Hi tomneversfield, My timelines are very similar to yours.... AOR on 9th Aug and BG in process 26th Nov.... hope to hear some good news soon :) :) :)
That's cool... yeah hope we both hear good news soon (though i still maintain that a realistic expectation for a DM would be mid/end of January).. Hoping to be proven wrong!
What is your country of residence? mine is USA. Is yours USA too or India?