+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aru_nj said:
If your bank had mentioned the exchange rate on the date of the letter , it would be sufficient . Otherwise you can try your chances with a cse explaining the issues and added proof of funds .
I know I read someplace that you need to make sure you have sufficiant funds through the entire process, and to be carefull of the exchange rate, so if your funds are following below, add more and make sure you are allways above the minimum amount.

I lost so much money on conversion, almost 1000 cad, so I converted everything back to a different currency a fey months back, othervise I would have lost 2000 cad by now.

I have everything in US dollars now., conversion rate between us dolars and my currency is far better for me at this point.

I first noticed this when they refunded my fees., they refunded less than I paid for, and when I paid the next time I had to pay even more than the first time, as CAD is really plumething down at the moment :/ It would be nice if it stayed low until we came there, so that I can actually afford to buy a car hehe :)

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
Dear Augustors
Encouraged by http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=985&t=4, principal applicant has submitted request to CPC Ottawa asking for an update on non accompanying members medical exam. Due date was December 07 and still no update.
We have never submitted request to CPC Ottawa and don't know if it will be responded, but at least that was the only thing we could do, but wait. Now waiting again.
Wish everyone updates this December!

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I just received a update in MyCIC ......as I open its says updated then change to submitted nothing has changed yet so looks like a ghost email. Somebody is working this means ..... at least.

saurez7777

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
sukhdeep1234 said:
Hello I just received a update in MyCIC ......as I open its says updated then change to submitted nothing has changed yet so looks like a ghost email. Somebody is working this means ..... at least.
This is when ECAS comes in handy.. atleast we can know if its DM...

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma1990 said:
I applied my gcms notes on 15 oct and they generated my gcms notes on 21st but i only got information till 14 oct so i i think in ur case you will get your information till 12th....good luck
Hi sharma,
How long did it take you to get your gcms notes?
It's been 29 days now and I haven't got mine.

Last time I got them in 26 days
Please advise

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saurez7777 said:
This is when ECAS comes in handy.. atleast we can know if its DM...
Absolutely right ECAS no accessible almost more then a month now but the way they are going I am not expecting anything before Jan 15 even DM as no single July has got . rest we don't know what they are up-to.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:
Hi sharma,
How long did it take you to get your gcms notes?
It's been 29 days now and I haven't got mine.

Last time I got them in 26 days
Please advise
I got it after 31 days... So dont worry you will get it today or tomorrow for sure..and let us know what you got ...good luck

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a single movement for aug applicants from last 2 weeks , when this silence gonna break ..

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
sharma1990 said:
Not a single movement for aug applicants from last 2 weeks , when this silence gonna break ..
BG checks are still going into progress. An August AOR applicant residing in the States inboxed me on December 9th advising that his BG went into progress on that day. There's still some movement but it's very slow/sluggish. Don't foresee DM's before January 1st 2016. I truly hope I'm wrong.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
tomneversfield said:
BG checks are still going into progress. An August AOR applicant residing in the States inboxed me on December 9th advising that his BG went into progress on that day. There's still some movement but it's very slow/sluggish. Don't foresee DM's before January 1st 2016. I truly hope I'm wrong.
What's his aor date , I am also from states..

Very much interested to know the latest background check dates ..

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
aru_nj said:
What's his aor date , I am also from states..

Very much interested to know the latest background check dates ..
August 17th AOR

Doomitch

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-11-2017
Hello guys,

107 days since AOR and BG is still Not Started ...

I follows Numerous threads about AORers, obviously everybody is in The same boat....

Refugees seem to be the explanation for longer delays, but when I look the 250 000 immigrants/yr declared by the government, Refugees represent 10% ... 5 weeks works ... I stay finger crossed, hopping it won't add more than a month and 1/2 to other applications.

Maybe CIC Will transfer more EE application from Ottawa to local VO, with shorter delays.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Doomitch said:
Maybe CIC Will transfer more EE application from Ottawa to local VO, with shorter delays.
Yeah that would be awesome if they do that. Local VO's are an absolute shortcut, compared to Ottawa.

In another post I was theorizing that CIC is already doing that now. There's a growing trend now of folks seeing their BG check going from in progress back to not needed, for no reason. I have a feeling their BG is changing because their applications were transferred to their local VO's. It's still a mystery!

Doomitch

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-11-2017
I agree with you, last PPR's i have seen were from local VOs.

Sometimes with very very fast process !

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Yeah that would be awesome if they do that. Local VO's are an absolute shortcut, compared to Ottawa.

In another post I was theorizing that CIC is already doing that now. There's a growing trend now of folks seeing their BG check going from in progress back to not needed, for no reason. I have a feeling their BG is changing because their applications were transferred to their local VO's. It's still a mystery!
Are the local VO's even allowed to carry out background checks? Or are these cases that just skipped the background checks?