Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
nat29 said:
BC definitely the warmest? Have you ever been there? ;D Irish/British climate! I spent in Vancouver/Whistler one week this year, moderate sun, + 20+25C while we had +35C here in AB. Though, probably the greenest and one of the most beautiful areas of Canada! Very expensive place to live though. The local economy relies on 3 major industries, - transportation, tourism and movies production. So, if you work in one of them, that's the place to go! By latest statistics, to be able to live in a Vancouver metropolitan area a combined income of a family should be at least $160k annually. Will definitely consider BC as a retirement destination! ;D ;D ;D
Actually, I have! I've been to BC twice, and it was really warm, and in winter certainly a LOT milder than Calgary. I've been in Calgary about 8 times now. I love it, but weather wise it's certainly harsher than BC. I got -30, -40, even -55 once...
But the blue skies are definitely a huge plus. :-D

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Duskyblue said:
Actually, I have! I've been to BC twice, and it was really warm, and in winter certainly a LOT milder than Calgary. I've been in Calgary about 8 times now. I love it, but weather wise it's certainly harsher than BC. I got -30, -40, even -55 once...
But the blue skies are definitely a huge plus. :-D
Yeh, I remember -55C couple of times, it wasn't fun at all! :) :) :) Love the blue Canadian sky too! :) :) :)

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nat29 said:
Yeh, I remember -55C couple of times, it wasn't fun at all! :) :) :) Love the blue Canadian sky too! :) :) :)
I live in Edmonton and travel to BC as well. But I love it in Edmonton. Its not as bad as it sounds :).

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nat29 said:
BC definitely the warmest? Have you ever been there? ;D Irish/British climate! I spent in Vancouver/Whistler one week this year, moderate sun, + 20+25C while we had +35C here in AB. Though, probably the greenest and one of the most beautiful areas of Canada! Very expensive place to live though. The local economy relies on 3 major industries, - transportation, tourism and movies production. So, if you work in one of them, that's the place to go! By latest statistics, to be able to live in a Vancouver metropolitan area a combined income of a family should be at least $160k annually. Will definitely consider BC as a retirement destination! ;D ;D ;D
Yes. This is excatly what i have heard of vancuver! My husbent is a truck driver and my other degree is in photography, we might fit in nicely lol :)

I dont mind british irish climate,. Lived in london for 5 years...

The only thing is that it is much more expensive to live there :/ we were thinking about calgary for a whille... the only thing that worries me about calgary is that it is kind of in the middle of nowhere.. correct me please if i am wrong?

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Question... In you LMIA - in the section where it says "Duration of Employment" - does yours say "indeterminate" or does it have a specific length? If it does have a specific length (3 years for example), does that mean that the job offer that comes with LMIA is not permanent?

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inproxima said:
Hi guys,

Question... In you LMIA - in the section where it says "Duration of Employment" - does yours say "indeterminate" or does it have a specific length? If it does have a specific length (3 years for example), does that mean that the job offer that comes with LMIA is not permanent?
I have relatives in Toronto. So initially I will have to live there.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you guys or ever gotten updates on weeknds?this week was an eventful week for me after no movement since aor almost 3 weeks had gone by then
Monday- Scd A request + Celpip
Submitted Tuesday
Got Ecas Wednesday
Medical Passed thursday..
Then nothing since how long should it take for BG to start??..:)

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
are you guys or ever gotten updates on weeknds?this week was an eventful week for me after no movement since aor almost 3 weeks had gone by then
Monday- Scd A request + Celpip
Submitted Tuesday
Got Ecas Wednesday
Medical Passed thursday..
Then nothing since how long should it take for BG to start??..:)
Thats good something is happening:)

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got a ghost email today at 7am alberta time saying update sadly none, lol

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........