Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
I had something strange happen as well, a couple of weeks ago. I got one of those "Do Not Reply" emails, apparently in response to a question I'd asked (I hadn't actually asked a question, but rather had submitted copies of my daughter's new passport). The email said they could confirm that my file was located outside Canada and that I needed to contact them directly to submit information. But why would that be necessary if the CIC system is globally accessible no matter where VOs happen to be working?

Nothing on my CIC account reflects this at all. It just says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

?????

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Guys, I wanna share interesting situation with you and need your advice.

In reply to my email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca , they send me this message

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application was approved and a Ready for Visa letter with instructions was sent on 2017/06/30. Please inform our office if you have not received this letter.

Regards,"

According to them, 21 days before they send me PPR...( same day when they changed my status to IP2)

BUT I have not received any instructions letter from them. In fact, I am waiting for this letter. And I regularly check my email (15 times per days, at least) and EE profile.

I replied this email that I haven't received any instructions email from them. Thats it. What do you think, what else I need to do.?

Lesson learnt: If you are in IP2 for more than week or so, Check Ottawa office without any delay.

Wish you all the best.

@astralsource @legalfalcon @KiranK @comfortablynumb
It must be in your spam. Nevertheless, as you have stated that you did reply back, they will send you the instructions again. Just make sure that you get it this time.

Reactions: kushenviro

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
:eek::eek::eek:. So strange and weird. If they write exact status of application in EE profile instead of writing your application is in review / progress etc, they should write you passed eligibility , you passed criminality etc etc ....it would be very helpful. Congrats for PPR.
Yes, i agree. This is unnecessary confusion now. Don't understand how are they saying that when i already got the PPR mail.

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Beautiful British Columbia
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Here's the actual text of the message from CIC:

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.

You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.
Again, I didn't enquire about anything; I just submitted copies of a new passport. And there's nothing on my account to identify which visa office is handling my file, so there's no way I could selected the office I wish to contact! Trying to get through to an agent on the phone is almost impossible because the lines are always so busy.

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
It must be in your spam. Nevertheless, as you have stated that you did reply back, they will send you the instructions again. Just make sure that you get it this time.
It is in my habit to check inbox first than Junk email folder and then delete folder (if mistakenly deleted, I can recover it):). :rolleyes:

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Hey, how do you plan to send the passports? via UPS or Fedex? also we can send the return envelope also from UPS? I hope there won't be any issues with customers while sending the passports. Any ideas?
I sent it today via Fedex. (included a fedex envelope and return label in the package). I had hard time finding the right UPS location. Most of them told me they are unable to create Internation return labels at their franchises and asked me to go to UPS super store/Hub. I found Fedex near by and opted that option rather.

kushenviro

Star Member
Feb 13, 2017

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application was approved and a Ready for Visa letter with instructions was sent on 2017/06/30. Please inform our office if you have not received this letter.

Regards,"

According to them, 21 days before they send me PPR...( same day when they changed my status to IP2)

BUT I have not received any instructions letter from them. In fact, I am waiting for this letter. And I regularly check my email (15 times per days, at least) and EE profile.

I replied this email that I haven't received any instructions email from them. Thats it. What do you think, what else I need to do.?

Lesson learnt: If you are in IP2 for more than week or so, Check Ottawa office without any delay.

Wish you all the best.

I think I will contact them tomorrow(Friday) cos I have been in IP2 stage since two weeks. I also have been checking junk and deleted folders and inbox (of course), never received any emails from cic or IRCC , reading ur post I think I shouldn't take chances and get to know in time. Thanks for sharing your story and posting it here

leoboy15

Feb 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
HURRAAAYYY...!!!

Finally got the Golden Email... (timeline as per my signature..)
Just wanted to confirm a few facts we have discussed here :-
a) AOR to Medical pass - 1 month
a) Medical pass to IP1 - almost instantly...
b) IP1 to IP2 -- roughly a month.
c) IP2 to PPR -- 1 week (10 days) max.
d) Never saw IP1 or IP2 on my BG check... always "NA". Came to know its IP1/IP2 from this forum's discussions/members.
e) No issue if you have more than 1 person per application.
f) Paying up RPRF fees in advance does help (probably it helped in my case)
g) GOD IS GREAT...!!!

This place/forum has been a great place to share all your experiences and read some great details.
Before I joined here, I never really appreciated the power of such forums...!!! So stupid of me...:(

Hope to meet some of you in Canada soon...
The world is a small place...!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
I sent it today via Fedex. (included a fedex envelope and return label in the package). I had hard time finding the right UPS location. Most of them told me they are unable to create Internation return labels at their franchises and asked me to go to UPS super store/Hub. I found Fedex near by and opted that option rather.
Hey, how do you plan to send the passports? via UPS or Fedex? also we can send the return envelope also from UPS? I hope there won't be any issues with customers while sending the passports. Any ideas?
This now is creating confusion in me. Are we not supposed to send the PP cross border? :( I already sent it. Anyone else who got PPR and sent to Ottawa from US can help :( :( @Akki045

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
same with me im confused with the ip's
Guys a good explanation from a member posted a long time ago:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

ZDMHH

Jun 8, 2017

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,"

Wish you all the best.

The same thing happened to me.
I called cic on 6th july, the call center lady told me that system is showing that they have sent me the letter on 30-6-2017. I told them I didnt recieve any correspondence.
The lady said that she will send the reminder mail to my case officer.
I also inform the CPC office through my email but didnt get any reply. Its been 21 days!
frustation n wait is all I can do.

crimsonautumn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I also got the PPR a few hours back. I am greatly indebted to all the people on this forum and the vast information available. It certainly made the application process doable without the help of any agents.

Thank you very much and hope to help out the ones who are still in the process.

Timelines are in the signature.