+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR December 2020 - Join here

Abhi2607

Jun 24, 2020
With the upcoming holiday period, do we expect the timelines for the different steps to be increased?
Added to this, the Covid-19 condition how feasible does the 6 months timeline looks?
I haven't gone through the analytics but eyeballing the myimmitracker for CEC, it appears to me that average time even now in 7-7.5 months. I am personally keeping target at 9 months processing with all things going on...anything earlier , ill be happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I haven't gone through the analytics but eyeballing the myimmitracker for CEC, it appears to me that average time even now in 7-7.5 months. I am personally keeping target at 9 months processing with all things going on...anything earlier , ill be happy to be pleasantly surprised.
from my analysis of several hundred posts in various groups and forums, is that usually post Biometrics the process works real quick.

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
from my analysis of several hundred posts in various groups and forums, is that usually post Biometrics the process works real quick.
Isn't biometrics the first thing they ask after medical is cleared?
I guess the posts would have been probably during the last few months, where biometrics would have the only thing pending from the applicant's side on account of limited or no appointments at VFS..

GauthamBR

Dec 17, 2020
ITA: 25th November, 2020
Express Entry: FSWP
AOR: 16th December 2020
Nationality: Indian
Residence: India
Medicals done: Upfront
NOC: 1221

Yet to receive Biometric Instruction Letter. Any idea how long it can take? And realistically, when can I expect to give the biometrics, since right now VAC are giving preference to Study Permit applicants and Family Visas?

Also, I had applied for a Study Permit in Aug 2020 but it was denied because the course was different from my past edu qualifications and experience. Would this have an adverse impact on my PR Application?

Appreciate your inputs..

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
ITA: 25th November, 2020
Express Entry: FSWP
AOR: 16th December 2020
Nationality: Indian
Residence: India
Medicals done: Upfront
NOC: 1221

Yet to receive Biometric Instruction Letter. Any idea how long it can take? And realistically, when can I expect to give the biometrics, since right now VAC are giving preference to Study Permit applicants and Family Visas?

Also, I had applied for a Study Permit in Aug 2020 but it was denied because the course was different from my past edu qualifications and experience. Would this have an adverse impact on my PR Application?

Appreciate your inputs..
30-40 Days, for the BIL. Current average is 38 days, may change with Christmas holidays coming up. Date or timeframe for realistically giving biometrics is anyone's guess.

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Isn't biometrics the first thing they ask after medical is cleared?
I guess the posts would have been probably during the last few months, where biometrics would have the only thing pending from the applicant's side on account of limited or no appointments at VFS..
Post biometrics there is a security/criminality check. Yes recent posts, from non-Indians too.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
With the upcoming holiday period, do we expect the timelines for the different steps to be increased?
Added to this, the Covid-19 condition how feasible does the 6 months timeline looks?
That 6 months timeline hasn't been precise for most people in over a year. One of the popular posters had a post showing increased processing times for all the streams prior to Covid so fashioning in the pandemic pace, you can safely add two months to those times on average.

Now this totally depends on your processing office. I have seen September 2020 applicants get PPR this month here on CVF. So you just have to take your mind off it and enjoy the process.

Reactions: Jaybye

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That 6 months timeline hasn't been precise for most people in over a year. One of the popular posters had a post showing increased processing times for all the streams prior to Covid so fashioning in the pandemic pace, you can safely add two months to those times on average.

Now this totally depends on your processing office. I have seen September 2020 applicants get PPR this month here on CVF. So you just have to take your mind off it and enjoy the process.
IRCC needs more hands on deck!

Jaffer60000

Nov 6, 2020
Biometrics letter received on 9 Dec but since all the VAC offices in India are still not accepting applications for PR. Waiting for the Biometrics