+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR APRIL 2016 >>> JOIN HERE

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
ekansh said:
Hi All

I have two small questions, can some one please answer them :
1) On receiving the passport request from CIC why does the background status changes to "In progress" . ( in my case previously it was "not needed at this time")

2) I am FSW candidate , filled PR from Canada do I need to send passport to India Office (I am from India) or I can send the passport to Case Processing Center in Ottawa

Thanks
1. Normal. It will say approved and closed once they stamp your passport

2. Your PPR letter will clearly mention the address of VO you need to submit to

Hope this helps!

nasnas

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
shammi.polen said:
Hi,

The letter only gave detail instruction on how to submit the passport and photo to the vfs and all. There is no mention about CIC profile or what to do.

I am confused. I can upload the passport as the format is pdf. But it is not possible to upload the photo as it is a single jpg file.
Convert the jpg files into pdf and then merge.

If they asked you to send your passport via vfs then do both, send passports ans upload the files.

amsi

May 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New week new hope, finger crossed for everyone who are still waiting. Your email is on its way !

trintrin-f

Jun 2, 2016
Hello guys!

I hope one of you can help me! :)

I received notes in August and I could notice that my contact email information on the file was from a former representative that helped me apply for a visitor visa 3 years ago.

I raised a CSE to request the change of the email. I also called CIC and they informed me that my personal email is now on my profile.

However, I got notes again last Friday and the same wrong email is shown as my contact information.

My application is almost done (elegibility passed AOR May - Inland FSW) and I am afraid that they will email my former representative requesting the passport. I tried contacting the guy but I coulnd reach him.

What should I do?

When you received your PPR, did they send it to your email from My CIC?

If I call them again, can the agent tell me if the PPR was sent?

Thank you! :)

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
amsi said:
New week new hope, finger crossed for everyone who are still waiting. Your email is on its way !
Amen... 6 months gone

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
amsi said:
may ur words come true by Gods grace, its close to 6months.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
trintrin-f said:
Hello guys!

I received notes in August and I could notice that my contact email information on the file was from a former representative that helped me apply for a visitor visa 3 years ago.

I raised a CSE to request the change of the email. I also called CIC and they informed me that my personal email is now on my profile.

However, I got notes again last Friday and the same wrong email is shown as my contact information.

My application is almost done (elegibility passed AOR May - Inland FSW) and I am afraid that they will email my former representative requesting the passport. I tried contacting the guy but I coulnd reach him.

What should I do? --->you have done all you could brother...just hope it comes to the email you have provided

When you received your PPR, did they send it to your email from My CIC? --->direct email for me, nothing on mycic

If I call them again, can the agent tell me if the PPR was sent? ----> most likely

hope this helps!

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
trintrin-f said:
Hello guys!

What should I do?

When you received your PPR, did they send it to your email from My CIC?

If I call them again, can the agent tell me if the PPR was sent?

Hi trintrin, I have exact same issue with my contact email and waiting in hope of getting it in my inbox. CIC told that they usually send all email communications through
your mycic contact info. Also I had talked with my (company)former representative and requested to forward anything coming in there way, and they said its quite normal
that CIC add their email to your file in-case of any future communication to verify information you provided. I assume that they usually grab these info from our Work permit
or LMIA application submitted with the supporting doc. Hope this helps

trintrin-f

Jun 2, 2016
RG_Ind said:
Hi trintrin, I have exact same issue with my contact email and waiting in hope of getting it in my inbox. CIC told that they usually send all email communications through
your mycic contact info. Also I had talked with my (company)former representative and requested to forward anything coming in there way, and they said its quite normal
that CIC add their email to your file in-case of any future communication to verify information you provided. I assume that they usually grab these info from our Work permit
or LMIA application submitted with the supporting doc. Hope this helps
Thank you!

When I called CIC, they said that my personal email was the main form of contact on my profile. I will call them again on Friday to see if there's any update. I'm very worried that they will send PPR to the wrong email and I will miss the 30-day deadline to send the passport copy and photos.

Good luck!

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
trintrin-f said:
Thank you!

When I called CIC, they said that my personal email was the main form of contact on my profile. I will call them again on Friday to see if there's any update. I'm very worried that they will send PPR to the wrong email and I will miss the 30-day deadline to send the passport copy and photos.

Good luck!
That sounds good. Keep us posted.. Good Luck for you too :)

raven84

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
ekansh said:
Hi All

I have two small questions, can some one please answer them :
1) On receiving the passport request from CIC why does the background status changes to "In progress" . ( in my case previously it was "not needed at this time")

2) I am FSW candidate , filled PR from Canada do I need to send passport to India Office (I am from India) or I can send the passport to Case Processing Center in Ottawa

Thanks
Regarding 2)
If your PPR letter mentions that you and all your dependents that you have applied for are in Canada for the next 3 months, then you can submit to Ottawa.
If your PPR letter does not have any entry like this you can call up CIC and double confirm.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my passport today, let's see how long it takes to get it back.

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Good luck to all the remaining April AORs for the upcoming three to four days 8)

I am hoping no one will be spared!!