+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got rejected becoz they selected Quebec as a province where they wants to live?

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
After receiving ITA through EE without a CSQ from Quebec, did anyone select Quebec as a province where they wants to live?

Did anyone got the PR after selecting Quebec and submitting the application through EE?

Did anyone receive rejection because of this reason?

Please share your experience guys!! It would be very much helpful! This question might also be of use to applicants who have similar situation like and me and also the future applicants who wants to do so.

Sharing of your experience would be very useful to everyone who are in similar kinda situation.

Thanks alot in advance!!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
Pretty sure this board has many threads like this. I would suggest doing a quick search. Quebec does not participate in Express Entry, therefore I'm pretty sure apps are not processed for Quebec.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp
You are right! But, I need to settle in Quebec for the first two years as I have an admission from a Montreal based university which I don't want to give up. However, I also want to apply for PR as I got CLB 9 IELTS score in the general test after 3 attempts and having a PR has its own benefits.

Hence, I would like to ask if there is anyone who had a similar situation as like me and got the PR.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you select Quebec that shows your intention to settle in Quebec. So your application will be rejected.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
You are right! But, I need to settle in Quebec for the first two years as I have an admission from a Montreal based university which I don't want to give up. However, I also want to apply for PR as I got CLB 9 IELTS score in the general test after 3 attempts and having a PR has its own benefits.

Hence, I would like to ask if there is anyone who had a similar situation as like me and got the PR.
It's not possible. Quebec does not participate in Express Entry. Therefore, you have to chose. Go to the Montreal university and not go through EE, or go through EE and not settle in Quebec immediately.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No point in submitting your application, you'll get rejected for selecting Quebec as intended province to settle.

I wouldn't waste money and time if I were you.

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
Quebec has a special agreement with the Government of Canada on immigration. The province has its own rules for choosing immigrants who will adapt well to living there.

To apply as a skilled worker in Quebec, you must:

• apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), then
  • apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to become a permanent resident of Canada.
The above words are from the Quebec government website. If I apply under EE and select Quebec as province where I would like to reside, I am pretty sure that my application will be rejected.

Thanks everyone for the information guys!!

nbhar

Feb 5, 2018

I am in the same situation. Please share if you were able to do the process and move to quebec successfully

ali b

May 14, 2018
I am in the same situation. Please share if you were able to do the process and move to quebec successfully
you had the same problem as I am facing right now. I have mistakenly chosen Quebec as the province that I intend to reside and after submission I found that I have done a terrible mistake. Now, I would like to ask whether your application was rejected? Is there any chance to raise a CSE and clarify the issue? and if they reject the application, is there any chance to apply again or they consider this as a misrepresentation?

Thank you, I am really worried. Your answer could be really helpful

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you had the same problem as I am facing right now. I have mistakenly chosen Quebec as the province that I intend to reside and after submission I found that I have done a terrible mistake. Now, I would like to ask whether your application was rejected? Is there any chance to raise a CSE and clarify the issue? and if they reject the application, is there any chance to apply again or they consider this as a misrepresentation?

Your application won't be rejected, it will simply be cancelled. You can apply again afterwards.

ali b

May 14, 2018
Your application won't be rejected, it will simply be cancelled. You can apply again afterwards.
thank you, it seems we should still be hopeful. By the way, do you recommend to raise a CSE? I have submitted my application 8 days ago.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you, it seems we should still be hopeful. By the way, do you recommend to raise a CSE? I have submitted my application 8 days ago.
I've never seen anyone attempt to change their intended destination from Quebec to another province so I can't comment on the effect a CSE will have.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018

What is your AOR and current status? If R10 and meds not done, it can be cancelled and fees refunded.