+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

Pdhiman 28

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello guys !!!
I want to ask u where a person can have photo for PR card ? ... is that shoppers or any other place ? ...

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hello guys !!!
I want to ask u where a person can have photo for PR card ? ... is that shoppers or any other place ? ...
I hear Costco can take photos for PR card too. You can double-check on that.

Reactions: Mallika S

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Hi there !!!
I suggest u to contact local Member of parliament .. that will help u ... my file was also processed at local visa office Edmonton . I got my landing interview in mid of July ... AOR 3 dec , after contacting them I moved to ip2 within a week and last week I got landing interview ... so it’s better contact them ...
Congratulations on your landing interview :)
I am yet to receive my gcms notes in one or two days. I will check that and contact the local MP. On the other hand what i understand is that Edmonton was working on Dec 1st week files all through the last two weeks. May be i get my chance without contacting the local MP. I will wait and see for one or two days and then contact MP's office :)

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Not exactly the same for me, but I was able to talk twice to an agent in the past two weeks. Both of them said all the stages in my application are complete as of June 19th or before perhaps, but agents didn't know why the officer hadn't sent a decision letter or why the details are not updated in MyCIC. As expected they couldn't tell me what the decision is, as that will be communicated in the letter.
It's getting frustrating, knowing that the application is complete for at least two weeks now, but no sign of a decision letter or updated status on MyCIC.
AOR: Jan 17th
Medicals passed: Feb 27
Office: Edmonton
Agents said all stages are complete, and they are not sure why the statuses in portal are not updated:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
11 days remaining on the 6 month Tracker.
Ordered GCMS notes 3 weeks ago.
Having a lag between all stages passed and PPR happens quite a lot. The average is 2-3 weeks. There is a thread for people in this situation here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-is-approved-but-waiting-for-ppr-landing-interview-mail.621314

For me, I had all stages passed on Mar 15, then application internally approved on Apr 15, then only got PPR on Jun 26... but I don't think that's normal.

Reactions: Jan17AOR

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Thank you.
I'm not sure actually. I do know that it was a different person that labelled my file Review Required from the Case Analyst (the numbers were different). And under type of review, instead of Eligibility, it said General. So i think it may have been a VO. But i cant be sure.
My understanding is that a case analyst does the first review of eligibility. If they don't find anything, they mark it with "recommended pass". Then an officer/senior staff reviews the eligibility afterwards and either agrees with the analyst and changes the status to "met", or finds something needing further review, and changes it to "review required".

Jan17AOR

Jun 21, 2019
Having a lag between all stages passed and PPR happens quite a lot. The average is 2-3 weeks. There is a thread for people in this situation here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-is-approved-but-waiting-for-ppr-landing-interview-mail.621314

For me, I had all stages passed on Mar 15, then application internally approved on Apr 15, then only got PPR on Jun 26... but I don't think that's normal.
Thanks for sharing the link and your experience. I will try to call again and perhaps send an email to the Edmonton office.

Owais91

May 1, 2019
Hi all , I got a question here .. as I was checking my bank account I see that I have a payment refunded by immigration of $490 in my account on July 03 .. and today morning my employer called me to say that he got an immigration call to confirm my eligibility.. I am seriously not understanding what these means .. Have they changed their process .. Please guys help me out .. Have any one faced such situation?

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Hi... Did you get any update?? I am still waiting for them to start working on Dec 2nd week applications... Will touch 7 months tomorrow
I called today , still waiting the officer review. File in queue for review. Any updates on ur side? U applied for notes? I’m work permit expires in the first week of August and don’t want to pay for BOWP

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Hi all , I got a question here .. as I was checking my bank account I see that I have a payment refunded by immigration of $490 in my account on July 03 .. and today morning my employer called me to say that he got an immigration call to confirm my eligibility.. I am seriously not understanding what these means .. Have they changed their process .. Please guys help me out .. Have any one faced such situation?
You should call ASAP. It seems that the refunded the RPRF.

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
I called today , still waiting the officer review. File in queue for review. Any updates on ur side? U applied for notes? I’m work permit expires in the first week of August and don’t want to pay for BOWP
None on my side... I am yet to receive my notes. May be this week or next i am going to get my notes. I didn't call them either after last week. I was hoping Dec 10 would move forward now as Dec 1st week people were getting PPR last week. Hope something happens this week. I wish i at least get an adr so i know they are working on my file

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Has your background check changed to Not applicable?