+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hi guys,

I really need some advice as I almost can't breathe now. I just called the agent and asked if there is anything red flag or any doc I needed to provide, she told me no and my application is still in progress. So I ended with asking eligibility, criminality, and security as what I always did in previous calls. However, she told me that eligibility is failed:eek:. I was so shocked cuz I believed that I had provided everything and both my immigration lawyer and I had checked multiple times. After my medical and criminality passed, I didn't get any additional doc request or procedural fairness letter. When I asked her why and further detail, she could not answer. She also said this is not the final decision yet, and she would send them a request to get the application's updated status and ask me to contact in 30 days. I start to suspect if they are really able to see what is going on or not.

Last time, I called on July 12th, and the agent told my status was the same as previous: eligibility was in progress, criminality passed and security didn't start yet. Also, I didn't get my notes yet as I ordered them on June 12th.

I am planning to order the notes for another time and call them this afternoon again.

Any thoughts?:(

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I really need some advice as I almost can't breathe now. I just called the agent and asked if there is anything red flag or any doc I needed to provide, she told me no and my application is still in progress. So I ended with asking eligibility, criminality, and security as what I always did in previous calls. However, she told me that eligibility is failed:eek:. I was so shocked cuz I believed that I had provided everything and both my immigration lawyer and I had checked multiple times. After my medical and criminality passed, I didn't get any additional doc request or procedural fairness letter. When I asked her why and further detail, she could not answer. She also said this is not the final decision yet, and she would send them a request to get the application's updated status and ask me to contact in 30 days. I start to suspect if they are really able to see what is going on or not.

Last time, I called on July 12th, and the agent told my status was the same as previous: eligibility was in progress, criminality passed and security didn't start yet. Also, I didn't get my notes yet as I ordered them on June 12th.

I am planning to order the notes for another time and call them this afternoon again.

Any thoughts?:(
Call again , talk to another agent and try to get reasons and as much details as you can. It doesn’t mean that the last agent did not provide details that there is none. There should be details. Call third, fourth and fifth to get details

Once you get details, prepare a response addressing the concerns or reasons they stated

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Call again , talk to another agent and try to get reasons and as much details as you can. It doesn’t mean that the last agent did not provide details that there is none. There should be details. Call third, fourth and fifth to get details

Once you get details, prepare a response addressing the concerns or reasons they stated
Be proactive before having a final decision and submit a response with supporting documents for their concerns,They must consider these documents before their decision. Once a decision made, it is very less likely that they see additional information

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Be proactive before having a final decision and submit a response with supporting documents for their concerns,They must consider these documents before their decision. Once a decision made, it is very less likely that they see additional information
Thank you so much for your advice! I will call now and post here if any update.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018

I totall agree.
Be proactive and may be talk to local member of parliament? Mr Ralph Goddale?
I hope they consider or interview or do that but not outright decision.
I am sorry to hear but stay calm and get as much info as you can including working for the supporting documents.

Jul 24, 2019
My criminality has been "in progress" since then and Eligibility "under process" (As per call agent). Security has not started yet.

Does criminality has something to do with Eligibility process or is it a completely separate process?

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
My criminality has been "in progress" since then and Eligibility "under process" (As per call agent). Security has not started yet.

Does criminality has something to do with Eligibility process or is it a completely separate process?
I think criminality is part of background check

trying101

May 2, 2019
Hi all, long time lurker here. Got my golden email on the 24th of July and my AOR was April 1st. I’ve had my share of panic and assuming the worst case scenarios and checking my portal obsessively and feeling disheartened at the lack of ghost updates. I’ve had a busy couple of weeks with other stuff and haven’t been checking it as much, and sure enough, that’s when I received it ! I only caught one ghost update up until the PPR.

When I raised a CSE to inquire about the visa office, I was informed it was Edmonton CPC. I was a bit bummed out to read about its “reputation” for being slow but it proved to be different. Might be the same for your application too so don’t be too disappointed based on what you read on the forums.

Have faith in the system. It’ll all come through. Not going to preach though because I understand how anxiety-inducing this app is. Wishing all of us good luck

Reactions: small_251193

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Have you ordered GCMS notes? That’ll give you the exact reasons. It’s a bit of a wait though...about 40 days. Good luck x
Thx! Yes, I did once on June 12, but haven’t received them yet. After today I got this bad news, I immediately ordered another set. I also emailed to my local MP tonight. Finger crossed:(

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Does an ADR actually delay your application?

I got one for RCMP on May 01, 2019 with MEP same day.

AOR 21 March 2019

VO CPC Edmonton
I'm pretty sure ADR does delay the process, because if you didn't get ADR, then you would go straight to "recommended pass" or "met". With ADR, IRCC has to wait for your response, then you have to wait for them to pick up your file again to consider your new documents. I had two ADRs and I am pretty sure that contributed to my 9 month wait from AOR to PPR.

Honestly though, if you respond fast and then get lucky with them picking up your file again quickly, the extra wait may be very small.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Did you get additional info from the call center?
Still no from the second agent yesterday. Do u think I should keep calling? I’m afraid that less and less following agents would like to disclose it since they probably think I call too many times in that way?