+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
That was a fast one!!

any chances you can recover the money from the BOWP?

I had a ghost update also this night/morning. Don't really know exaclty when was it. Let's see.
Hi @FredMad,

BOWP Money is in to the government account :D ....and it got approved in May so IRCC do not refund processed application fees..

Reactions: FredMad

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Highlights of my application,

ITA - 10th Jan
AOR - 6th Feb,
CEC category,
Applied for BOWP - 7th Feb
Medicals passed - 21st March,
BIL - 21st March, Requested for Spouse as spouse is in different country
Updated Biometrics info in account - 29th March
No ADR requested,
Ghost Update 1 - 4th April
BOWP - Approved 14th May

Ordered GCMS notes 24nd April, received it on 25th May,
Status,
VO: Edmonton
Eligibility - Recommend Pass
Criminality - Passed
Medicals - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Security - Not started

Ghost update 2 - 26th June

PPR Email - 27th June

Good Luck to everyone....

Just Have Patience.....

message me if you have any queries....

Regards
Congrats. Regarding info sharing!!! Is it only for those have visitied USA before or for everyone? Waiting your input. Thank you

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I don't believe its a glitch my friend.

Here is a brief historic of past 2 weeks:
I had a ghost update on EE profile 2 weeks ago (eligibility has passed)
I sent a new Webform on Monday to "complain" about the delay
On Tuesday I had a ghost update on my BOWP profile
Yesterday the BOWP was approved
Today I woke up ALSO with a ghost update on my EE profile again, just as you. It could be either the final good news or a real update, which is also good, as long as the case is moving forward. Fingers crossed!!
thank you i hope ur words come true

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
Congrats. Regarding info sharing!!! Is it only for those have visitied USA before or for everyone? Waiting your input. Thank you
@Dhabaan

Its for everyone and they check for 5 countries(US, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ) ...if there were any visa rejections due to fraud or any criminal offences registered in any of the partner countries against you....

Reactions: Dhabaan

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Just spoke to an agent.
Apparently my eligibility is under review and it hasn't been picked up by an officer at Edmonton. Review and Edmonton seems like an awesome combination which would hold my file forever.
I just have work ex from India and Canada for the same parent company. There is nothing more there :(criminality in progress and security not started. I guess they didn't even touch my file after medicals. :( I feel like crying seriously.. 197 days and counting... If pr applications are not priority for Edmonton, they should be transferred somewhere else.. the agent said they cannot even leave a note until someone picks the file up. Looks like i am in for a long wait.
Sorry to hear that. You should request GCMS notes to be able to see the exact comment of the review and reply proactively.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Just some updates from other threads FYI:

December AOR 2018 thread:
“So a colleague of mine applied in March just got their PPR from Edmonton office.... while I will be joining the Elite zone tmr
bahahahahaha
happy for him but at the same timewhat.the.actual.hell.is.this.”

And

March AOR 2019 thread:
“CEC inland (China)

VO: CPC Edmonton

AOR: 03/09/2019
Medical passed: 04/15/2019
ADR for RCMP: 04/15/2019
Ghost update: 6/26/2019
PPR: 6/27/2019”

So I guess Edmonton is doing things, but no one has a clue about how they picking and processing applications.

Hope some GL to us soon!!!

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Sorry to hear that. You should request GCMS notes to be able to see the exact comment of the review and reply proactively.
So as per my gcms whichever is showing review i should upload supporting docs before they ask for adr or start checking my file again. That's what you're saying right?

FredMad

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Just some updates from other threads FYI:

December AOR 2018 thread:
“So a colleague of mine applied in March just got their PPR from Edmonton office.... while I will be joining the Elite zone tmr
bahahahahaha
happy for him but at the same timewhat.the.actual.hell.is.this.”

And

March AOR 2019 thread:
“CEC inland (China)

VO: CPC Edmonton

AOR: 03/09/2019
Medical passed: 04/15/2019
ADR for RCMP: 04/15/2019
Ghost update: 6/26/2019
PPR: 6/27/2019”

So I guess Edmonton is doing things, but no one has a clue about how they picking and processing applications.

Hope some GL to us soon!!!
It makes sense tho, as they better keep up with the non-delayed ones than with they delayed ones. As the delayed ones are already delayed and they need to show results with the non delayed ones.

Some people mentioned ghost updates yesterday in here, did anyone get approved? I was one of them, but I haven't received anything. It was probably just a regular update in my case

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
It makes sense tho, as they better keep up with the non-delayed ones than with they delayed ones. As the delayed ones are already delayed and they need to show results with the non delayed ones.

Some people mentioned ghost updates yesterday in here, did anyone get approved? I was one of them, but I haven't received anything. It was probably just a regular update in my case
Based on my research within the forum, it could be 1-5 business days to get ppr if the recent ghost update is really the last one before ppr. Best wish!

FredMad

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Anyone got the PPR mail, after ghost update ?
I had the ghost update but no PPR. I will try to call tomorrow again to see if I can get any info about the ghost update. I haven't received any answer on my webform from last week (Monday) either.