+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with VO : CPC-Ottawa gotten COPR?

swtcici

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Mine is also in Ottawa.
AOR July 31.
MEP/BIL Sept 16
I’m bio exempt and waiting for it to update to “completed”.

Called IRCC on Wednesday, and the agent said he couldn’t see anything else than what I could see on my profile.

I might order GCMS notes.
aor july 28... mep/bil same date with u, and bio updated oct 27...still waiting

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Nope.

Given that they are still taking in work permits, student visas and picking up stateless refugees from overseas amid covid, this long delay of finalizing approved PR applications is simply power abuse.

mmmiii

Sep 14, 2020
FSW-outlander
My timeline:
AOR- Jan 3
MEP - Jan 23
BIO - Mar 16
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - blank (seems passed)
According to Note1 of my GCMS, file is ready for approval. (Sep 9)
Then waiting, waiting, waiting...
Hope there will be good news before Christmas.

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
FSW-outlander
My timeline:
AOR- Jan 3
MEP - Jan 23
BIO - Mar 16
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - blank (seems passed)
According to Note1 of my GCMS, file is ready for approval. (Sep 9)
Then waiting, waiting, waiting...
Hope there will be good news before Christmas.

My AOR is in Nov 2019, final: approved on GCMS from a long time ago. Nothing from them. I am getting mad because they should give at least clear communication as to what their plans are about outlanders. My job in Canada will start in July 2021. Given their current rate it's not even clear if I should apply for a work permit now (4 months processing time so I can possibly get there well before the job starts) or straight up tell them my job can't wait for their bureaucratic nonsense. For some reason they think work permit and study visa holders have less chance to transmit Covid than a landing PR, oh and for sure their visa offices in Yemen, Somalia and Afghanistan are open and processing applications, boarding them on a first class flight if they wanted to come to Canada. Everyone is welcome, everyone except US applicants. This is total BS.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
I thought Ottawa VO was fast....?
AOR 24 August
Medical/Biometrics/RCMP requested: 14 October
RCMP submitted: 27 October
Bio/RCMP was requested on the same day. RCMP in progress.
Still waiting for the call to have the Bio collected. I'm currently in Kingston, any news from where you are?
Btw, where could you see which office is processing your application?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Bio/RCMP was requested on the same day. RCMP in progress.
Still waiting for the call to have the Bio collected. I'm currently in Kingston, any news from where you are?
Btw, where could you see which office is processing your application?
My biometrics is exempted as I provided it for a study permit 4 years ago. I called IRCC Call Center to ask for the VO

Reactions: HanenBlade

mmmiii

Sep 14, 2020
My AOR is in Nov 2019, final: approved on GCMS from a long time ago. Nothing from them. I am getting mad because they should give at least clear communication as to what their plans are about outlanders. My job in Canada will start in July 2021. Given their current rate it's not even clear if I should apply for a work permit now (4 months processing time so I can possibly get there well before the job starts) or straight up tell them my job can't wait for their bureaucratic nonsense. For some reason they think work permit and study visa holders have less chance to transmit Covid than a landing PR, oh and for sure their visa offices in Yemen, Somalia and Afghanistan are open and processing applications, boarding them on a first class flight if they wanted to come to Canada. Everyone is welcome, everyone except US applicants. This is total BS.
Agree that they have to show their plans about outlanders.

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
wont applying work permit while PR is in process be called dual intent? I'm also wondering if its possible to apply for work permit from my current company.

Oto98

Nov 24, 2020
I just found out today that my VO is ottawa. I called the IRCC agent and she told me Eligibilty passed although that is not updated in my online application. Background checks still in process. Because of coVID i finally was able to do my biometric on 4th Sept
My timeline:
AOR- Mar 18
MEP - may 18
Eligibility - passed
Bio -sep 4
background checks - inprogress

Still waiting for PPR mail

siji083

Dec 10, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2020
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2020
I just found out today that my VO is ottawa. I called the IRCC agent and she told me Eligibilty passed although that is not updated in my online application. Background checks still in process. Because of coVID i finally was able to do my biometric on 4th Sept
My timeline:
AOR- Mar 18
MEP - may 18
Eligibility - passed
Bio -sep 4
background checks - inprogress

Still waiting for PPR mail
Im in a similar situation, MARch AOR. Bio given oct. all passed exept crimlty.. any update after that