+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with this same situation? - Rejection

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
PGD after Masters is a straight refusal to the moon 99% of the time.

It's only suggested to the ones who are being guided by subject matter experts or could afford and compensate by writing a professional LOE (which 99% may can't do).
Thanks a lot for your response!!

What would be your suggestion as to what should be done next?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi everyone!!

Hope you are doing fine in this tough time.

I wanted to mention my situation after a long wait (since Sep 2020) and one deferral later, I got my decision - rejected which was one really heartbreaking thing to experience. Coming to my case I applied for Marketing Management - Graduate Certificate program as I have already completed my Masters in Electronic Media in India. I took the course as I am currently working as a digital marketer for the past 3 years and wanted to learn in-depth as I want to start my business in India.

The reason I received for my refusal is "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans."

My Application is:
Completed Masters in Electronic Media 2017
IELTS - 7
3 Years exp as a Digital Marketer
Applied SDS

I would like to know if there is anyone similar to me and did my choice of program cause the issue here? Any responses will be greatly appreciated please help me find out why I got rejected and what should I do next as I have invested a lot of time and money in this visa
Well, initially I almost signed up for a PG program not related to my field as I was looking to desperately change my career and saw this as a great opportunity to start fresh. However, I read through and noticed VO are very particular about the program you choose. This is why I went for Masters. I may still go to Canada and change the program even if results in financial loss as I really want to change my career but for the sake of getting SP this needs to be done. There is very little to no success in choosing a lower program than you already have.

imrankhan.mufc

Mar 16, 2021
Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe and well!

I do have a similar situation. My study permit was rejected for the reason below:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, and/or your future prospects and plans.

My Case
: I applied for a one-year Master of organization management program from Crandall university. I hold a bachelor’s degree in business management with overall CGPA 5.5/10 and have a study gap of 9 years with full time professional experience.

SDS category
IELTS – 7 Bands
10th Standard – 64%
12th Standard- 54 %

I have reapplied my SP with changes to my SOP. I fear another rejection and wants to be prepared, so I would like to know what should be done. Any one in the similar situation? I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I do have a similar situation. My study permit was rejected for the reason below:
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, and/or your future prospects and plans.

My Case
: I applied for a one-year Master of organization management program from Crandall university. I hold a bachelor’s degree in business management with overall CGPA 5.5/10 and have a study gap of 9 years with full time professional experience.

SDS category
IELTS – 7 Bands
10th Standard – 64%
12th Standard- 54 %

I have reapplied my SP with changes to my SOP. I fear another rejection and wants to be prepared, so I would like to know what should be done. Any one in the similar situation? I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Order GCMS. Crandall is a private university with a poor reputation (anyone can get in, for international students) so you need to say how it will help your career in your home country. Your grades are poor for a MBA program which is why you got into Crandall.

imrankhan.mufc

Mar 16, 2021
Did u give GMAT, what did u mention in your SOP for home ties and future goals/plans.
I did not give GMAT as it wasn't the Uni requirement. I emphasized on my family ties and additionally added property/wealth documents. Also, the course is aligned to my previous study as the field is business management.

imrankhan.mufc

Mar 16, 2021
Order GCMS. Crandall is a private university with a poor reputation (anyone can get in, for international students) so you need to say how it will help your career in your home country. Your grades are poor for a MBA program which is why you got into Crandall.
Thanks for your response. Do you think the length of the program could be an issue? I choose a one year Master's instead of a 2 year MBA program.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If I had to guess, I'll say the issue is your poor grades. You'll need to do something about that. My best advice will be to do GMAT or GRE to override it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. Do you think the length of the program could be an issue? I choose a one year Master's instead of a 2 year MBA program.
No. I think the issue is the university and your grades. Why Crandall and how does it help your career? You should be trying for a MBA at a public university but most likely your grades are not high enough.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi All,

My Case

SDS category
IELTS – 7 Bands
10th Standard – 64%
12th Standard- 54 %

Thanks,
Have you shared your 10th & 12th grade results as well ? If yes, why ? You only are suppose to provide your most recent education. This may have caused the problem as your grades are pretty low. I feel different about the Public/Private UNI discussion as there are many who get SP so not sure if that is really a deciding factor. It also depends on your VO as the level of subjective decisions varies.

imrankhan.mufc

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks you all for your response.

@naturgurl - I Justified choosing a one year program because of the short duration and professional experience requirements from Crandall. Its the only offering which is an alternative to MBA. Its a new program from the university launched last year. I have seen many get SP with private university so public university shouldn't be an issue.

@shalid: I have shared my 10th& 12th grade result because my agent asked me to. I agree my grades could be an issue but it will be the same with any university/college.

@wonderbly @tapperb: I can't change my grades but appearing for GRE/GMAT will also not assure me the SP. I am confused if changing to a two year program will help or not ?

Can I apply for the GCMS notes for the refused application while my new application is in process ? Will there be an issue if I do so ?

Kind Regards,

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks you all for your response.

@naturgurl - I Justified choosing a one year program because of the short duration and professional experience requirements from Crandall. Its the only offering which is an alternative to MBA. Its a new program from the university launched last year. I have seen many get SP with private university so public university shouldn't be an issue.

@shalid: I have shared my 10th& 12th grade result because my agent asked me to. I agree my grades could be an issue but it will be the same with any university/college.

@wonderbly @tapperb: I can't change my grades but appearing for GRE/GMAT will also not assure me the SP. I am confused if changing to a two year program will help or not ?

Can I apply for the GCMS notes for the refused application while my new application is in process ? Will there be an issue if I do so ?

Kind Regards,
Go ahead and apply for your GCMS. Ideally, you should have done that before re-applying. Your current application will have no implication on you getting your GCMS.

Nothing will assure you of getting a SP, but getting your GRE/GMAT done will improve your chances. Every university worth anything requires at least a GMAT for their MBA programs. Schools like Crandall who don't request it are known to be degree mills, so they accept even the poorest grades.

Visa Officers are aware of this.

imrankhan.mufc

Mar 16, 2021
Go ahead and apply for your GCMS. Ideally, you should have done that before re-applying. Your current application will have no implication on you getting your GCMS.

Nothing will assure you of getting a SP, but getting your GRE/GMAT done will improve your chances. Every university worth anything requires at least a GMAT for their MBA programs. Schools like Crandall who don't request it are known to be degree mills, so they accept even the poorest grades.

Visa Officers are aware of this.
My course is not MBA specifically but an alternative. I will apply for the GCMS notes to get some insights.

Thank you,