+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with this same situation? - Rejection

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
Hi everyone!!

Hope you are doing fine in this tough time.

I wanted to mention my situation after a long wait (since Sep 2020) and one deferral later, I got my decision - rejected which was one really heartbreaking thing to experience. Coming to my case I applied for Marketing Management - Graduate Certificate program as I have already completed my Masters in Electronic Media in India. I took the course as I am currently working as a digital marketer for the past 3 years and wanted to learn in-depth as I want to start my business in India.

The reason I received for my refusal is "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans."

My Application is:
Completed Masters in Electronic Media 2017
IELTS - 7
3 Years exp as a Digital Marketer
Applied SDS

I would like to know if there is anyone similar to me and did my choice of program cause the issue here? Any responses will be greatly appreciated please help me find out why I got rejected and what should I do next as I have invested a lot of time and money in this visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, you have every reason they list for a refusal. Order GCMS notes. You have a masters so why do you need to come to Canada for a Marketing Management diploma at a college. If you already are in the field with 3 years experience how will it help your career in your home country. If starting your own business in India, why Canada? Are there no program in India in marketing. Did you not include transcripts? Were your grades poor? What is your IELTS score in each area? They say you can't afford the program etiher.

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
Honestly, you have every reason they list for a refusal. Order GCMS notes. You have a masters so why do you need to come to Canada for a Marketing Management diploma at a college. If you already are in the field with 3 years experience how will it help your career in your home country. If starting your own business in India, why Canada? Are there no program in India in marketing. Did you not include transcripts? Were your grades poor? What is your IELTS score in each area? They say you can't afford the program etiher.
Thanks a lot for your response!!

Additionally, I wanted to mention that I have band 7 in all the areas and I have provided all the required funds and also shown proof of funds and for the course, I have applied to a post-graduate certificate course which is a one year course that is done after bachelors or masters, I don't know where did you read it as a diploma. In my country they don't provide a one-year marketing management course that I am aware of that's why i chose Canada for studies

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Additionally, I wanted to mention that I have band 7 in all the areas and I have provided all the required funds and also shown proof of funds and for the course, I have applied to a post-graduate certificate course which is a one year course that is done after bachelors or masters, I don't know where did you read it as a diploma. In my country they don't provide a one-year marketing management course that I am aware of that's why i chose Canada for studies
PG Certificate is not done after Masters. It's lower than Masters.
Your chosen program is not in line with your previous qualification. Reading through this forum, you'll find that is a recipe for refusal.

Reactions: Eric1993

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

A post-graduate certificate (I said diploma because most likely at a college not university) after a masters is not usually viewed as career progression. How will a marketing management certificate allow you to open and start your own business and lead to career progression...that is what you must show to the visa officer. If you are starting a business, why not a MBA or entrepreneurial management but why are one year certificate in marketing. Plus you already have 3 years experience in the field. Again were your grades poor or did you not provide transcripts.

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
PG Certificate is not done after Masters. It's lower than Masters.
Your chosen program is not in line with your previous qualification. Reading through this forum, you'll find that is a recipe for refusal.
Thanks for the response!! That might be the issue because I completed my masters in Media anyways thanks for your help!!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the response!! That might be the issue because I completed my masters in Media anyways thanks for your help!!
I suspect there's more to it though.

Reading through your profile, I see that your spouse is in Canada, and you have been refused twice already for SOWP. With you choosing such an incompatible 1-year certificate course after obtaining a Masters, the VO suspects you are just using this as a means to entire Canada after being refused SOWP twice.

I'll advise that you get your GCMS notes to know the exact concerns noted by the VO. All the best.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
A post-graduate certificate (I said diploma because most likely at a college not university) after a masters is not usually viewed as career progression. How will a marketing management certificate allow you to open and start your own business and lead to career progression...that is what you must show to the visa officer. If you are starting a business, why not a MBA or entrepreneurial management but why are one year certificate in marketing. Plus you already have 3 years experience in the field. Again were your grades poor or did you not provide transcripts.
Thanks again for your response!! That might be the issue. For my grades I had CGPA of 3.25

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Reading through your profile, I see that your spouse is in Canada, and you have been refused twice already for SOWP. With you choosing such an incompatible 1-year certificate course after obtaining a Masters, the VO suspects you are just using this as a means to entire Canada after being refused SOWP twice.

I'll advise that you get your GCMS notes to know the exact concerns noted by the VO. All the best.
Ah...never said that in his post. Leaving out important information.

Reactions: wonderbly

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019

Thanks so much for the information. I took marketing management to learn the management side of marketing as I am only working a part of marketing. Thx for your help!!

amaleldhose10

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
hai, friend ...
2 days before I was in the same situation that you are facing now. my application rejected two times. but for the third time, I got my visa. I believe you have chances to get your visa. I also completed master's in electronics and I took a graduate certificate in Canada. finally, they approved my visa. bro, could you please tell me your academic percentages from tenth to masters also the number of backlogs if any. I think I can help you. and order for gcms notes immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: altctrdelighted

Eric1993

Nov 25, 2019
hai, friend ...
2 days before I was in the same situation that you are facing now. my application rejected two times. but for the third time, I got my visa. I believe you have chances to get your visa. I also completed master's in electronics and I took a graduate certificate in Canada. finally, they approved my visa. bro, could you please tell me your academic percentages from tenth to masters also the number of backlogs if any. I think I can help you. and order for gcms notes immediately.
Wow congratulations on that!!

Did you change your program or applied thrice with the same program?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
PGD after Masters is a straight refusal to the moon 99% of the time.

It's only suggested to the ones who are being guided by subject matter experts or could afford and compensate by writing a professional LOE (which 99% may can't do).