+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who couriered PR Card to India??

aman.narang86

Dec 18, 2016
Hi All,

I am planning to land in February, have a short stay for 3 weeks and then return to India. I will then be returning after 3-4 months. There is so much confusion about having your friend/relative send PR cards by courier. Has anyone tried sending it to India and have they been successfully received?
A recent successful experience after the new RFID cards came into place would be a big confidence booster.

Also, would I be eligible for PR Travel Document (PRTD) since I would have hardly stayed in Canada and hence wont meet the residency requirement?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Aman

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most regular couriers (FedEx/DHL et al) should be safe for this purpose.

You would need a PRTD only if you intend on re-entering Canada before your PR card is mailed to you (or your friend/family inside Canada) by IRCC. When you receive the PR card from your friend/family, you can travel back to Canada using that.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Most regular couriers (FedEx/DHL et al) should be safe for this purpose.

You would need a PRTD only if you intend on re-entering Canada before your PR card is mailed to you (or your friend/family inside Canada) by IRCC. When you receive the PR card from your friend/family, you can travel back to Canada using that.
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for the answer.
I read somewhere in the forum that if you mail your PR card there is a chance that it can get confiscated.
Do you have any idea about this and is mailing PR card outside Canada legal?
Do you know of any person who had his/her PR card mailed outside Canada and recieved it successfully.
Also while exiting Canada do they note that the person travelled without PR card?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

Reactions: goodboy97

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
aman.narang86 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to land in February, have a short stay for 3 weeks and then return to India. I will then be returning after 3-4 months. There is so much confusion about having your friend/relative send PR cards by courier. Has anyone tried sending it to India and have they been successfully received?
A recent successful experience after the new RFID cards came into place would be a big confidence booster.

Also, would I be eligible for PR Travel Document (PRTD) since I would have hardly stayed in Canada and hence wont meet the residency requirement?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Aman
I have seen people mentioning in this forum about sending PR card by mail outside Canada however the recipient country may have issues with it and they may confiscate it. I am not too sure about India.

I think you should not have any issues getting PRTD as you are a new immigrant and the 5 years starts from the date of becoming PR.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
omsaiom said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for the answer.
I read somewhere in the forum that if you mail your PR card there is a chance that it can get confiscated.
Do you have any idea about this and is mailing PR card outside Canada legal?
Do you know of any person who had his/her PR card mailed outside Canada and recieved it successfully.
Also while exiting Canada do they note that the person travelled without PR card?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM
I have seen people mentioning in this forum about sending PR card by mail outside Canada however the recipient country may have issues with it and they may confiscate it.
When a person leaves Canada, they don't need to show their PR card, just the valid passport is required.