+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who applied to OINP with expiring PGWP???

hyos1206

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-01-2017
Hi Everyone,

I applied to OINP back in March 2016 and my PGWP is expiring in mid-July. I don't think I'll get AOR before my PGWP expires and it's very frustrating as I can't even apply for BOWP and will need to stop working ...

Has anyone applied for Visitor Visa to stay in Canada while your application is being processed? I know I won't be able to work but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions... please share any thoughts!

Thanks,

Reactions: Mjkab

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hey
I am in the exact same situation as you - I will be applying for a visitor status so that I will be able to stay in the country while waiting for OINP's decision.

hyos1206

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-01-2017
Hi Thanks for the reply. Have you applied yet?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html

My application is in the system, but my legal status in Canada is expiring. Will the OINP process these applications first?

Please note that it is your responsibility to maintain your legal status in Canada throughout the period that your application is being processed.
Applications will not be approved if the applicant does not hold proper legal status (if they are in Canada).
Any question about your legal status should be directed to the federal government.
There are exceptional circumstances in which the OINP will prioritize nominee applications when the applicant’s legal status in Canada is due to expire within 90 days (such as international students and temporary foreign workers).
The OINP will make every effort to identify those applications in the current inventory where an applicant’s legal status in Canada is at risk of expiring. They will be processed first.

sunnymumu

Jun 20, 2016
I have very similar situation. When I applied to the OINP master stream in Jan, my PGWP was already about to expire, so I had no choice but to switch to a visitor record and sent it to the OINP office as soon as I got it. Unfortunately, my application was returned yesterday because of one BLANK PAGE of my entirely new passport was missing, which totally ruined my plans..... :'( :'(

So right now I guess I will have to wait for the re-open of the program in November....with a visitor record which expires by the end of this year....And I will have to find good reasons to extend the visitor record in the entire PR application process.

Mrc27

May 31, 2016
The best option for you to apply for visitor visa but be cautious it will be for 6 months and as OINP does not follow its timeline you might need change your status in coming months.
Other option is if you are married and you have spouse in Canada.

CV0904

Jun 24, 2016
Same situation for me as well...

Oinp file received: Jan 27,2016
AOR: June 07,2016
Nomination: Pending
PGWP expiry: July 11,2016

Applied for visitor on June 10th (decision pending). Can I apply for BOWP before expiry of my PGWP just to buy some time, and to continue work?

Thoughts !!!