+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who applied for a student permit with their spouse/child?

lreese

Nov 9, 2015
TRV or OWP for spouse.
TRV for your child.
Did you get your student visa approved?
Was the application done separately?
Please share your experiences.

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
we all applied together,OPW for spouse and TRV for my child. 16 weeks later my student visa was denied because the official wasn't satisfied that i would be able to maintain myself financially without working in canada. We re-applied again and included an SOP to explain that my retirement fund would payout when i resign which meant we actually did have enough money. two weeks later they requested that we go for medicals and get a police clearance. so i am confident now that we will get the visa.

lreese

Nov 9, 2015
sisi123 said:
we all applied together,OPW for spouse and TRV for my child. 16 weeks later my student visa was denied because the official wasn't satisfied that i would be able to maintain myself financially without working in canada. We re-applied again and included an SOP to explain that my retirement fund would payout when i resign which meant we actually did have enough money. two weeks later they requested that we go for medicals and get a police clearance. so i am confident now that we will get the visa.

That's good! i hope everything goes well with your application.

In my case though, we haven't started the application yet. Based on what I have read here in the forum, it is not advisable that we lodge the application together. I have not read a lot of successful applicaiton for student visa holder dependents as well that'as why I am worried.

When did you reapply?
Do you mind sharing your profile?

sisi123

Star Member
May 25, 2015
i think its better to apply together, i don't see why they should deny you because of that. i know of someone that applied with her family and they got the visa on the first application.

i reapplied on the 19th of October, with 2 dependents. bio metrics not needed, English test not needed, i showed funds above $45 000. hope that helps.

You shouldn't be worried, but if you don't mind traveling without your family then you can apply first. I couldn't possible go a day without my family so we all applied together.

greensmile

Nov 13, 2015
BANGLADESH
I have completed graduation and post graduation from Bangladesh. sub was Genetic engineering and Biotechnology(English medium) . and have 2 years experience in surgical products (JnJ).

Now want to go Canada for study purpose. some one suggest that pathway program (English language) can be helpful for post graduation program.

If i take pathway program and go with out ielts, what will be then ? and also want to take my wife at a time. please help me.

afaruq

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-May-2014
AOR Received.
18-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
19-Sep-2014
Med's Request
12-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
22-Nov-2014 (eCAS updated on 12-Feb-15)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Vorsha
LANDED..........
Allah Vorsha
I have got refusal and 5 year ban for FSW 2014. Can my wife now apply under student visa program and myself and my kid can go. if i can go with this program with my wife, can I do work. Please help. My wife is planning for PhD or Masters Program in Canada.

lreese

Nov 9, 2015
sisi123 said:
i think its better to apply together, i don't see why they should deny you because of that. i know of someone that applied with her family and they got the visa on the first application.

i reapplied on the 19th of October, with 2 dependents. bio metrics not needed, English test not needed, i showed funds above $45 000. hope that helps.

You shouldn't be worried, but if you don't mind traveling without your family then you can apply first. I couldn't possible go a day without my family so we all applied together.
Hi sisi123,

We are the same. I could not live a day without my family. That's why I am really worried that We might not get approved as a family. I have been browsing this forum to see if there are any applicants same as my situation. You from the Philippines?