+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to share a container from UK to Halifax?

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
My partner and I are planning a move back to Canada early 2012, going from the UK to Halifax (application just submitted). We've been looking into shipping our furniture / household goods but it's looking very pricey - either have to pay for a full container direct to Halifax, or doing a container share to another (larger) city, eg. Toronto and having to pay the outrageous rail freight costs to Halifax. I haven't been able to find an International Removals company that will arrange a container-share to Halifax because there aren't enough people going that route. But if someone else out there wants to share a container around the same time and on the same route, it's possible to ship directly from the UK to Halifax....anyone interested??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask if this member, LGR, would be interest:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/on-line-banking-t70548.0.html;msg744065#msg744065

sokolov

May 13, 2011
Hi, I might be interested. I have a motorbike in Austria (Honfa CBF 125) and I'm thinking of bringing it to Halifax eventually. If you decide to get a container and could tell me how much my share would approx. be, I would see if I can find someone to drive it up to the UK. Quite the project, eh. :)

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
Hi sokolov. Our moving date will hopefully be between Dec and next march. We will hopefully be sharing with another person, but if you can give me your details I can get in touch with you closer date and we can go from there!

nmaccann

Dec 2, 2011
hheather_hh said:
My partner and I are planning a move back to Canada early 2012, going from the UK to Halifax (application just submitted). We've been looking into shipping our furniture / household goods but it's looking very pricey - either have to pay for a full container direct to Halifax, or doing a container share to another (larger) city, eg. Toronto and having to pay the outrageous rail freight costs to Halifax. I haven't been able to find an International Removals company that will arrange a container-share to Halifax because there aren't enough people going that route. But if someone else out there wants to share a container around the same time and on the same route, it's possible to ship directly from the UK to Halifax....anyone interested??
Hi
Possibly interested. Do you know when you are shipping it? We may have five or ten heat pumps to ship there around then. Each would be 1.2m x .52m x .86m high