+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone took the test today (Mar 05, 2015) at Scarborough?

isilrion

May 25, 2012
I took the test today. I did better than I expected even though I wasn't really feeling well at the time. According to the instructions, we were to go to the next room, where they would check our IDs and interview us to check our language skills... and after that I don't remember if there were further instructions. I was called by the officer, she checked my IDs, grumbled about me applying with "only" 1098 days, checked the visas in my passport, asked me a few questions, gave me my test results (20/20), wrote done something that I think was either "residence - verified" or "residence - verify" (I hope it was the first one), and told me that I should not expect the oath letters for at least 6 to 8 weeks, which makes sense given my particular circumstances. She congratulated me on the test results and on my circumstances, I thanked her profusely and went on my way. On my way out, the test proctor (who was also conducting interviews) showed me the exit.

The problem is, I don't remember actually being told that I could leave, nor I remember anyone else leaving the room. I don't think she checked the stamps in the passport, just the visas, which are broader than the actual trips. This may just be my mind playing a nasty trick on me, but I feel like I left before the day was over. I wasn't asked for any supporting document (e.g., my CELPIP results), she just asked me to translate/read for her a sticker in my passport. It was way too simple. If anyone was there, did I leave early? Was there some third "stage" scheduled that I missed?

Thanks.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isilrion said:
I took the test today. I did better than I expected even though I wasn't really feeling well at the time. According to the instructions, we were to go to the next room, where they would check our IDs and interview us to check our language skills... and after that I don't remember if there were further instructions. I was called by the officer, she checked my IDs, grumbled about me applying with "only" 1098 days, checked the visas in my passport, asked me a few questions, gave me my test results (20/20), wrote done something that I think was either "residence - verified" or "residence - verify" (I hope it was the first one), and told me that I should not expect the oath letters for at least 6 to 8 weeks, which makes sense given my particular circumstances. She congratulated me on the test results and on my circumstances, I thanked her profusely and went on my way. On my way out, the test proctor (who was also conducting interviews) showed me the exit.

The problem is, I don't remember actually being told that I could leave, nor I remember anyone else leaving the room. I don't think she checked the stamps in the passport, just the visas, which are broader than the actual trips. This may just be my mind playing a nasty trick on me, but I feel like I left before the day was over. I wasn't asked for any supporting document (e.g., my CELPIP results), she just asked me to translate/read for her a sticker in my passport. It was way too simple. If anyone was there, did I leave early? Was there some third "stage" scheduled that I missed?

Thanks.
Congratulations on your test result!

You were worried about your wife. Was she able to attend the test?

isilrion

May 25, 2012
Aspat said:
Congratulations on your test result!
Thank you! I was so sleep-deprived that I thought my felt was melting, but fortunately names and places became clear when I got the booklet.

Aspat said:
You were worried about your wife. Was she able to attend the test?
Sadly, no. I almost couldn't attend either. She was discharged from the hospital just the day before. They had to do a c-section and she was still in pain, I was caring for both her and my son (I'm a dad now, that feels so weird!). But some friends offered to come over and help us, so I decided to go, even if I failed the test, to at least give them the documents from the hospital. They were very understanding. They'll try to schedule hers for ~6 weeks from now and didn't separate our files. I was hoping they would separate them, so that we wouldn't have to worry about a baby at the oath, but the officer assured me that the baby was welcome to attend the ceremony and that they would try to accommodate us if he got fuzzy. I will still bring some friend who can watch over the little one in case he gets too fuzzy, though.

And then the interview ended, I thanked the officer, walked out of the office to check on my wife, and a couple of hours later my melting brain concocted this idea that I had left without authorization. Or at least I hope that it is some kind of confabulation of my sleep-deprived brain, and not that I really left without finishing!

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isilrion said:
Thank you! I was so sleep-deprived that I thought my felt was melting, but fortunately names and places became clear when I got the booklet.

Sadly, no. I almost couldn't attend either. She was discharged from the hospital just the day before. They had to do a c-section and she was still in pain, I was caring for both her and my son (I'm a dad now, that feels so weird!). But some friends offered to come over and help us, so I decided to go, even if I failed the test, to at least give them the documents from the hospital. They were very understanding. They'll try to schedule hers for ~6 weeks from now and didn't separate our files. I was hoping they would separate them, so that we wouldn't have to worry about a baby at the oath, but the officer assured me that the baby was welcome to attend the ceremony and that they would try to accommodate us if he got fuzzy. I will still bring some friend who can watch over the little one in case he gets too fuzzy, though.

And then the interview ended, I thanked the officer, walked out of the office to check on my wife, and a couple of hours later my melting brain concocted this idea that I had left without authorization. Or at least I hope that it is some kind of confabulation of my sleep-deprived brain, and not that I really left without finishing!
Congratulations on becoming a dad! Good luck to all three of you!

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
No, there was no third stage, you could leave right after the interview. So you finished everything and you aced your test! Congratulations and good luck! :)

isilrion

May 25, 2012
prettymaryk said:
No, there was no third stage, you could leave right after the interview. So you finished everything and you aced your test! Congratulations and good luck! :)
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease. Now I just have to wait for her test, and then our oath. Exciting times for us, in more than one way.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
isilrion said:

Thanks.

Hello ,

I did my test today but they do not tell me anything the officer said you will here from us soon but ask me about my first address when we landed.