+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone this forum has ever filed for Writ of Mandamus him/herself?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
The CIC is provided an opportunity, pursuant to Rule 9(2) of the Federal Court Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules, to respond to the writ to provide reasons behind the delay in processing the file.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this something one does before the Writ or after? Can we do it over-selves or we need a lawyer for Rule 9. Please explain it a bit more.

egyo said:
The CIC is provided an opportunity, pursuant to Rule 9(2) of the Federal Court Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules, to respond to the writ to provide reasons behind the delay in processing the file.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
My file is moving forward guys...test/interview in the first week of October :)
Nice...CIC will most likely have a senior/experienced officer do this interview...be prepared for this. Have all your residence angles covered...I'd expect some detailed focus on your travel, declared absences. I recall you were self employed...expect an angle of declared income versus standard cost of living i.e. if you declared income at welfare levels how did you survive. Good luck.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Masfiri! Should I take with me the tons of docs I have to the interview? I had an interview at Kitchener office when I renewed my PR so do you expect it to be similar or tougher? I hope they will let me know about the Oath date on the test date :) Thanks!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@WINDSORAPPLY
Yes, I am filing the writ though :) Test is not securing a close oath date...so keep the fight till we get our right :)

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
egyo said:
My file is moving forward guys...test/interview in the first week of October :)
Congrats, Egyo! Finally, you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I remember, we were both problematic last year with regards to separation of files, fortunately, mine went smoothly. Just bring everything you think that will help your case. Doesn't hurt when you're well-prepared. I know you can do it :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Thanks Masfiri! Should I take with me the tons of docs I have to the interview? I had an interview at Kitchener office when I renewed my PR so do you expect it to be similar or tougher? I hope they will let me know about the Oath date on the test date :) Thanks!
Take everything but might be a good idea to split into 2 parts - one having proof of 'active' residence e.g. OHIP billing records the other having 'passive' residence e.g. bank statements. Did you keep a copy of your application and residence calculator? Do you have any records of movement from CBSA equivalent in Egypt? CIC might ask for this if 1095 physical days count seems borderline post interview.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Masfiri, Yes I do have OHIP records, bank statements, pay slips, mortgage and CBSA records from Canada but couldn't get that from my country due to bad political situation there..I indicated that in a letter to CIC a while ago. Would it be similar to the interview I had when I renewed my PR?

Hi jeleni, Yes now I can see some light at the end of the tunnel...but this light costs me a few thousands of dollars to the lawyer...but I am happy that I took that step and get this light :)

janoo

May 16, 2014
egyo.... Congratulation,,, at least some movement please prepare your self ,

for interview, basic question where you work, what you are doing currently, where you

are living own or rent etc... this is the main question you must have proper answer ,

health record, cbsa report, bank statement, costco membership , vehicle ownership...

any other record take with you and take all your passport do not miss any paper if

documents are heavy than hire a truck but take with you..... as you never know which

documents they are looking for... please update when you are back from interview

as we are also in same boat and eagerly waiting to hear good news from you...

mdody

Sep 21, 2014
i have the same case ,i will choose to write of mandamus as i apply since Nov. 2009 my pretest R Q send may 2011 ,send back jun 2011.NO test time given still waiting my minor child's with my file ,Now will be five year since i apply my citizenship application many change happened to us ,my child's groan up first one start school in grade 7 and he complete his degree from university ,second one start school grade 1 no he is in grade 10.

so please egyo can you send me the lawyer name as I been i calling and calling CIC THE the answer is same in process .

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
WOW five years!! That is a lot. I will send you PM with the lawyer's info. All the best dear!