+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone submitted online study permit to London Office?

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
Hi guys!

I submitted my online application for study permit on 4th April. Could you help me look into two questions?

1. As for the "optional document", I didn't upload any file (no study plan, no transcript, or no IELTS). I'm a bit worried. Is that a problem? I'm enrolled into a PhD program. Is it hard for a PhD to get a study permit?

2. I'm a foreign national currently studying my Master in UK. I think I need a medical check. Since 4th April, I still do not get the medical request. Is that normal?

Since I submitted the online application, I'm getting increasingly worried about it. Do you guys have idea what the typical processing time of London office is? (Website shows 6 weeks, is that so?)

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
submitted April 2, together with my spouse's OWP application.

let's just wait. :)

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
Great! We could share our timeline of London office. I don't know the general processing time of 6 weeks is true. Up to now, I still do not get the medical request. Btw, do you upload any optional file coz I don't attach any, which makes me worried.

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
Great! We could share our timeline of London office. I don't know the general processing time of 6 weeks is true. Up to now, I still do not get the medical request. Btw, do you upload any optional file coz I don't attach any, which makes me worried.
I actually had the opposite problem, too much material only the 4MB slots.

But I guess our situations are different: I was also filing my spouse's application, and we had to prove our common-law relationship so we put hundreds of pictures, receipts, bills, forms, bank statements, payslips, etc.

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
salvatore270 said:
I actually had the opposite problem, too much material only the 4MB slots.

But I guess our situations are different: I was also filing my spouse's application, and we had to prove our common-law relationship so we put hundreds of pictures, receipts, bills, forms, bank statements, payslips, etc.
Hope those files help you two's applications. I think they are truly necessary. Besides, I mean, do you upload study plans for your study permit, or any academic transcripts etc.? Do PhDs get refusal?

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nah, not really I mean I pointed out on 1294E that I got my master's and my bachelor's in the same subject of the PhD program I was accepted into, if they want to see transcripts I have them ready :D

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
salvatore270 said:
nah, not really I mean I pointed out on 1294E that I got my master's and my bachelor's in the same subject of the PhD program I was accepted into, if they want to see transcripts I have them ready :D
I also typed my Master degree in 1294E. Since there is only one blank for the highest post secondary, I found no space to type in my Bachelor's. I think I should have added various degree certificates into "letter of explanation" but I didn't, as they are "optional". 17 days have passed and I still get no response from CIC. Hope both your and my study permits pass smoothly!!

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
I also typed my Master degree in 1294E. Since there is only one blank for the highest post secondary, I found no space to type in my Bachelor's. I think I should have added various degree certificates into "letter of explanation" but I didn't, as they are "optional". 17 days have passed and I still get no response from CIC. Hope both your and my study permits pass smoothly!!
less than 17, count the working days!

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
salvatore270 said:
less than 17, count the working days!
;D ;D ;D
Let's keep in touch and share with updates, so that we could better know the timeline of CHC London. Fingers crossed, hope we could get through. ;)

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
salvatore270 said:
I got a few more updates in the meanwhile
Are we the only two applicants in London Office? :-X :-X what are your updates? Useful updates? I still don't have any message yet. Waiting is so tiring.....

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yerik17 said:
Are we the only two applicants in London Office? :-X :-X what are your updates? Useful updates? I still don't have any message yet. Waiting is so tiring.....
I got the usual Your Application Sxxxxx has been updated and Your Application Wxxxxx has been updated, no actual messages on my portal though.

it just means it's going through their different stages, I was told by CIC