+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone rescheduled their online Citizenship test?

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hi,

I got a citizenship test invite while I was outside Canada and was given a window from April 30th to May 20th. I couldn't make it back in that time frame so I let IRCC know that I am abroad with an unknown date of getting back (because of the flight ban). They replied saying to let them know once I was back in the country.

I got back to Canada about 10 days ago and have let IRCC know through the Web Form and also by emailing them on IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca These are the responses I have received:

From IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca:
OCT Accom Other:
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for contacting our office.
This is to inform you that our records indicate your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event. This office cannot provide future event dates. When you are scheduled for this event, you will be contacted in the near future with a test date 2 business days prior to the start date by the local Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca
Citizenship Team
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
From Web Form:
Good day @amusingfirefly,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided regarding your return and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,

Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
My question is:
1. Is this a normal response for rescheduling the citizenship test?
2. When can I expect them to reschedule it?
3. When they say they see that my application is 'in queue', does it mean it's back to square one, or some other stage?

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi,

I got a citizenship test invite while I was outside Canada and was given a window from April 30th to May 20th. I couldn't make it back in that time frame so I let IRCC know that I am abroad with an unknown date of getting back (because of the flight ban). They replied saying to let them know once I was back in the country.

I got back to Canada about 10 days ago and have let IRCC know through the Web Form and also by emailing them on IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca These are the responses I have received:

From Web Form:

My question is:
3. When they say they see that my application is 'in queue', does it mean it's back to square one, or some other stage?
Someone said they rescheduled his test 2 weeks after he informed them of his return.

Reactions: amusingfirefly

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

From Web Form:

My question is:

IRCC responses are getting more generic by the day. From what I've seen for other webform responses, I'd say this one falls right in place.

Depends on the local office. They will reschedule it when they have a slot. There is no way for us to tell when.

Again, that's a generic response. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Reactions: amusingfirefly

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Someone said they rescheduled his test 2 weeks after he informed them of his return.
Someone on this forum? Care to share a link? Thanks for the response and TIA!

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi,

From Web Form:

My question is:

I got the same reply from the Scarborough office. Wonder if the saying "This is to inform you that our records indicate your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event " means that they have agreed to the request or just a very template reply?
Hi,

From Web Form:

My question is:

I got the same reply from the Scarborough office. Wonder if the saying "This is to inform you that our records indicate your application is in queue to be scheduled for the next event " means that they have agreed to the request or just a very template reply?

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,

From Web Form:

My question is:

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hello, has anyone got their test rescheduled? Its been 6 months for me waiting for them to reschedule the test!!

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hello, has anyone got their test rescheduled? Its been 6 months for me waiting for them to reschedule the test!!
They did reschedule it for me within 3 months of me letting them know.