+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recently taken Citizenship Test please share experience

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi All,

I have citizenship test after few days. I have gone through Discover Canada study guide but problem is there is so much info which is difficult to remember. Images themselves has much info. Info with years and dates is most difficult to remember.

My question is what kind of questions will be there. Do I need to remember all the years, names of artists, personalities (who got Victoria Cross), musicians etc. Anybody recently had experience of test please share. Thanks

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Study hard. Try to understand facts, names and dates. If that doesn't work, then try to remember as much as you could. Canadian history isn't that long, is only like 300 years to remember. The test questions are generated from every piece of information in that thin book, including info from under pictures. The more you learn - the easier will be.
Good luck.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Unfortunately, I don't think you will get specifics because applicants are told on the test day not to reveal the questions because it is proprietary material. Like the pp said, read the book, may be jot down important dates/people, etc and do practice tests online or through your library. If you study, you will pass. Goodluck.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Hi All,

I have citizenship test after few days. I have gone through Discover Canada study guide but problem is there is so much info which is difficult to remember. Images themselves has much info. Info with years and dates is most difficult to remember.

My question is what kind of questions will be there. Do I need to remember all the years, names of artists, personalities (who got Victoria Cross), musicians etc. Anybody recently had experience of test please share. Thanks
Read the book because it contains all the information, do some online tests because all questions asked by CIC are very similar than the ones you will find in the tests. Learn information about things specific to your province such as the name of the MP, the capital and other relevant information. this website really helped me a lot: http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/ because it has choices on the number of questions you can choose to practice and you can enter your province and it will have some questions related to your province. I practiced through this website so much until I was able to hit 100% on the 100 questions asked. Once you score 100% many times and you have read Discover Canada at least once, you should be feel confident that you are ready for the test. Good luck!!

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test today.

Previous posters are right - questions are confidential and must not be shared. Just go through the study guide several times. Try not to just learn it but as well to understand it. Good luck!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dbo73 said:
Had my test today.

Previous posters are right - questions are confidential and must not be shared. Just go through the study guide several times. Try not to just learn it but as well to understand it. Good luck!
congratulations on passing the test.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I just came back from my test, 20/20, it is not as complex as you could expect, but you need to study hard.

I recommend to read the Discover Canada guide at least 3 times and practice a lot, there are few online practice tests where you have to spend a lot of time, I recommend the following two:

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Study hard!

Wilbur