+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone living in Ottawa waiting for biometrics, plz join here

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Some ppl with May AOR also got called. SC really sucks since it doesn't seem to call based on AOR.
BTW, which area of Ottawa are u in? Downtown, Nepean, Kanata or somewhere else?
Really eh? I’m downtown... but it really shouldn’t matter. It should matter the AOR

ma8702

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for creating this thread.
Another Ottawanian joining the waiting club!!

AOR: Aug 11
BIL: 30 September

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Guys I have a question cos I'm freaking out here. Is it mandatory to upload transcripts to our PR application. I didn't upload any. Will that make them refuse my applicatio
AOR June 5th waiting for a call for my biometric

Anna J

May 18, 2020
One more Ottawarian waiting for biometrics call here!
AOR-July 25th
BIL- September 15th.
I just got a call from Service Canada today and got my biometric appointment.
I actually asked the person who called me what order they're calling the applicants according to, considering that my AOR was July 25, which makes me not having been waiting for the longest.
She said that "We're not necessarily calling people in order. We're trying to make the file load down."
So I guess the call is COMPLETELY RANDOM.

Still, wishing good luck to you guys

Last edited:

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Anyone with aor April got called yet??
Some ppl with March, May, June and July have been called but not a single one with April yet.
Seems we are the forgotten ones.

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi ppl, plz put your info in the google sheet tracker and update it when you have progress, if you haven't done so: www.shorturl.at/hmpwG
This will really help others to get a bird's eye view of how SC is progressing

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
did you get a call today? That’s awesome! I’m still waiting... and waiting.. I feel so hopeless with this stuff...
I totally understand, I was getting more and more desperate everyday, but surprise just came so quick. There are 2 SC offices in Ottawa doing bio, so things are actually going faster than I expected. And I think Ottawa is following AOR rules in general, last week some ppl with aor early-mid March were called, and this week ppl with late March and early April. Given current trend, you should expect a call soon, perhaps sometimes during next week or at the beginning of the week after next. You are almost there.

Reactions: denmanveer

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I totally understand, I was getting more and more desperate everyday, but surprise just came so quick. There are 2 SC offices in Ottawa doing bio, so things are actually going faster than I expected. And I think Ottawa is following AOR rules in general, last week some ppl with aor early-mid March were called, and this week ppl with late March and early April. Given current trend, you should expect a call soon, perhaps sometimes during next week or at the beginning of the week after next. You are almost there.
Thank you for your kind words! And voila, you were right. Finally got the call! Booked for tomorrow morning! Lucky day!! We are getting closer :)

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Got a call around 5 pm.
AOR - 29th May 2020
Appointment - 15th October 2020
Based in Ottawa

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
Hey everyone!

AOR - 29th April 2020
BIL - 20th October 2020 (I submitted my Police Certificate on the 15th of October - took a long time because of COVID-19)

Does anyone have any idea if this will impact when I should gauge receiving a call? Or are they scheduling appointments based on AOR mainly after you get the BIL?
I was based in the GTA at the time of AOR. I have moved to Ottawa recently.

I've also recently had my photograph and fingerprints taken at a Commissionaires. Not sure if this will be of any help.

Thanks!

Last edited: