+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone landed recently please share exp.

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hi there, did anyone land recently please share experience.

I dont have US visa so my original plan was to drive to niagara area and take a U-turn at Queenston or Peace bridge, but some people on this forum said that U-turn is no longer available at these bridges and we have to go across the bridge to US side and get a refusal and then come back to Canada side to do the landing.

But today i found this on the other immigration forum that this guy went to Peace Bridge to do the landing and he actually went to USA side to get the refusal, but when he came back canada officer said this is no longer an option even if you go to the other side of the bridge, the officer asked him to contact CIC and land in one of those local CIC offices which maybe will take months.

My plan was to go early tmr morning to do the landing. Now im confused.
Seniors please advise, any help is greatly appreciated.

Indy_AP

Aug 19, 2013
Today I completed my landing at Lewiston-Queenston Bridge Niagara Falls.

I went by car with my family along with my friend who is also doing the Landing and we have taken U- turn at Lewiston-Queenston Bridge and the POE/Immigration officers informed us they are not allowing this process. They informed that they stopped this process on Feb 10th 2014. Also, they suggested us to cross the Border or call the CIC toll free number for landing.

To cross the Border, my family don't have US visa but then we crossed the Canada border and went to US and on the other side of the border, we directly informed that we are here for canada Immigration landing. US officer verified our passports and gave us Flag Pole slip and asked us to wait in the car itself near customs office.

After 5 mins of wait, another customer officer (lady) came out to car and taken travel docs(Passports). She din't speak anything else. After waiting for 5 more mins with patience, she came back and gave back the passports with one White letter(Administrative Refusal) and showed us the way to go back to canada.

Along with the letter we came back to canada immigration and gave all the necessary docs for landing. The same immigration officer was there who initially refused to take the landing of us. Now he is happy and completed our landing process with out any problems and congratualted us for getting PR.

hpjack

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Thanks for sharing Indy.

I was originally thinking to do U-turn and now i know i have to go to US side and ask for administrative refusal.

Since i do not have US visa, do you think this will be a problem?

Thanks

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
hpjack said:
Thanks for sharing Indy.

I was originally thinking to do U-turn and now i know i have to go to US side and ask for administrative refusal.

Since i do not have US visa, do you think this will be a problem?

Thanks
If you mean a problem in future the answer is no. No problem at all.

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
I'm not sure how it is right now, but before when I was going to the border I always have had to get an administrative refusal from the US customs and after that I could go back to Canada. Never had a problem.