+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone here who worked in a ship or plane before?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I just called CIC. They said they Didn't have an answer. It is decided on a case by case basis. I think this is nonsense. Either you have or have not lived in a country for 6 or more months. It shouldn't matter where the head office of your employer is based! As I do not have a UCI can someone here send a case specific enquiry and ask for a ruling with documentation? That would be helpful to all.

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
hi everyone , its an old thread, but I am in a similar situation now, I have mentioned my employer in personal history from UAE, but never lived there as I was working on a ship as Electrical officer. Now the system ask for UAE PCC. does anyone find a solution regarding this.
what is I change my employer address in personal history from UAE to INDIA as my manning agency was based in india. Would this change be recorded or raise an alarm for visa officer. Kindly advise

May 2, 2021
We are in the same boat but in different ship.
Hi, you are seafarer. Right?

I worked also on a ship. Anchor Handling Tug. I have my transit visa valid for only 96 hours to join my ship in UAE and another transit visa to exit from UAE also valid for 96 hrs. I just entered UAE for only 2 day total. Form airport then travel directly to our ship. But my employer was based in UAE and I worked in that company for 11 months though we never stayed in UAE on land. We sail and travel most of the time whole region of Persian Gulf and the Far East. Did you disclosed in your work history the address of your Principal employer in the US. And it is impossible for me to obtained PCC Dubai. We don't used passport to travel outside the country as a seaman. We used Seaman's book (seaman passport) and all the visa stamped is in Seaman Book not on the passport. My visa was on paper not in the passport and a guaranteed letter for my employer. Besides I just entered UAE for just 2 days to joined the ship and exit to travel back home. But what I have read here in Forum many applicant got rejected because of no PCC though they did not stayed in the country for more than six months.

Just shared Your experience. Waiting for your reply.
Hi bro can you tell me what u fill in travel history

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi bro can you tell me what u fill in travel history
In travel history just mention ur sign on day and sign off day (or 2 days around that) when u enter that country for joining ship and leaving ship.
For example
If u went to dubai on 24 of july to join ship and ur ship sails from there on 26 of july, just enter 3 days travel to dubai form 24 to 26 and in purpose of travel write to join ship (and name of ship). Similarly if ur ship arrived at port on 6th nov and u signed of on 7th nov, just write 2 days in travel history and in purpose write "sign off from ship and travel back to home". U never actually lived in that country and never held any immigrant visa.
If the system ever asked u for a PCC, write a LOC to officer stating u went to the country as a seamen to join ship and never lived there or worked there. They will understand and accept the letter.

May 2, 2021
Thanku so much Nd jst one more question in personal activities while employed I put company name and country I put India bcoz my company office in india

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Thanku so much Nd jst one more question in personal activities while employed I put company name and country I put India bcoz my company office in india
that's fine. actually better. If u write any foreign address in personal history with a duration of more than 6 months, the system will ask for pcc. So if ur manning office is in INDIA u should write their name and address so u would not need to write any unnecessary LOE, explaining ur situation.

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Yah that's what im gonna do i'm just worried it'll take another 3 months just for waiting for my fbi. I just hope there's other way....i was just hoping i dont need one since i did not need it when i came to Canada. :(
If you request the FBI certificate electronically (https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks), it should take 1-2 weeks max after they receive your fingerprints. I sent from Canada and the entire process took around 10 days.